PDA

View Full Version : Had to share

jamesneuen
02-05-2015, 06:06 PM
https://marcuswynne.wordpress.com/2015/02/01/random-thoughts-on-the-gunfight-that-never-was-or-the-old-man-gotta-be-the-old-man/

mitunnelrat
02-05-2015, 09:37 PM
I would say the "soft skills" are an excellent skill set to develop and have. That was good reading, thanks for sharing it.

jamesneuen
02-05-2015, 11:53 PM
even if half was bullshit it was a good read and good things to keep in mind

bacpacker
02-05-2015, 11:57 PM
That was a really good read. Something to practice for certian

mitunnelrat
02-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Lol. There is an element of bullshit in every good story though, isn't there? And good facts don't always make for a good story, so in a way its all good ;)

By the way, since we're on the subject of shit... I see you "finally pooped"? Lol

ElevenBravo
02-06-2015, 01:08 AM
A story? there was a story?

Damn, I watched the Equalizer trailer, thought it was bad ass, went to netflix, added it to my Q, then pushed it to the top of my Q...

Now, I find out theres a damn story I gotta read?

Okay... Ill read it and check back in later...
EB

Vodin
02-06-2015, 01:54 AM
Nice insight to another possibility.

jamesneuen
02-06-2015, 02:18 AM
lol yes. pooping was a prerequisite to me being released from the hospital after surgery

Sniper-T
02-06-2015, 03:31 PM
We shouled all head over to the Saloon for a Celebratory party for James. Does beer count as a laxative?

mitunnelrat
02-06-2015, 06:46 PM
It is when you drink enough. Under more normal circumstances its simply a diuretic though. I wouldn't know any of this from personal experience though.

ETA: on the plus side I'm just a few minutes away from hooking up our next keg of beer, or there's two different dunkels if you prefer craft beer. Or some Apothic Red wine.... One of these days I'll be able to go on. ;)

jamesneuen
02-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Coors light is the choice these days but with the current meds they have me on, alcohol would not be advisable.

ElevenBravo
02-06-2015, 11:45 PM
Okay, reporting back on the story... I like the soft side, with a hard reserve (assuming he was packing and had balls to whip the smoker). However, it sounded like a fable, mostly made up to make a point... a good point, but made up.

Go soft, but carry a big stick.. and have some balls to be willing to swing it and the swagger to show you are willing to man up to as to avoid having to.

EB

realist
02-07-2015, 02:18 PM
James it is just a suggestion that you don't drink alcohol. We will take care of you................trust us...

The Equalizer? We it just goes to show you you don't screw with the old guys. Remember when you walked into a yard and there was a little yippee dog that wouldn't stop barking? You take a step toward it and it runs off scared. Then the other time you went some place else, you started to step up on a porch and there was the old dog laying there?. Well when it growled you didn't go any further because it was old, tired and wasn't about to screw around, he would have bit you! Ya don't screw with the old guy!!!

jamesneuen
02-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Realist, it wasnt about the movie post. That was just an ad above the real story