PDA

View Full Version : What are your top 3 priorities?

mitunnelrat
02-12-2015, 12:30 AM
We've got the thread on the top 3 pieces of gear, so how about something a little more intangible. What are your top 3 priorities in prepping?

My own are health, skills building, and wealth. The Reader's Digest condensed version is that with good health I am capable of providing for and protecting my family, preferably utilizing skills I can learn now and will find in demand after my own worst case scenario (EMP/ solar flare), and pocketing enough money to live as well as I'd like right now. I believe these 3 things are what solve the majority of the problems we're ever likely to encounter, and effective networking will solve a good bit more. Very little then is actually left to chance.

Your thoughts?

jamesneuen
02-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Water food and shelter seem pretty obvious to me, anything too drastic happens while I am down here and there is next to no choice except to try and evacuate.

oif0709
02-12-2015, 12:58 AM
good thread, for me it is to gain proficiency with the gear I have, develop ways to substitute it and then test it while I still have the ability to go home after. (I.e. makeshift fire starter, compass, water purification ) and lastly development of my plan to get to my contacts that aren't local.

MegaCPC
02-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Health, OPSEC, skills.

Vodin
02-12-2015, 01:31 AM
Security, Health and Skills

robsdak
02-12-2015, 02:37 AM
health, contacts and need a good air rifle. if i can add 1? a good woman.

have most of the other stuff/things.

bacpacker
02-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Faith, health, skills

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-13-2015, 02:24 AM
caffine, nicatine, and bottled water..........oh, wrong place, wrong time. Health, Clear head, sharp blade.

ElevenBravo
02-17-2015, 10:48 PM
Security
Food & Water
Shelter

Top 3

There are many things under each umbrella, and many other priorities, but without these 3 as a base nothing else matters. Who gives a shit if you can transmit on your ham radio or if your generator works, if the MZBs are kicking in your door and you cant stop them... of if your freezing your ass off in the sleet, or your starving and dehydrated.

Notice I list security first, as my survivalist mindset dictates without that, everything else you have is subject to being taken away.

Skills are not on the list because it doesnt need to be, its one of those "goes without saying" items. Durp.

EB

Sniper-T
02-17-2015, 11:37 PM
provisions
people
practical skills

realist
02-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Getting my cabin built, health and faith.

Once the cabin is built I will move half of everything I have prepped up there then I will be able to relax.............a little.........some.......oh shit there is a bunch of more things that have to be done..........never mind........

Willie51
02-25-2015, 03:28 PM
Provisions (water/food)
Security
Shelter