PDA

View Full Version : Snowmageddon

izzyscout21
02-21-2015, 09:25 PM
So whats everyone doing right now?

We're iced in, no power. How about ya'll?

jamesneuen
02-21-2015, 09:49 PM
I actually was just sitting out in my patio having a soda and watching the kids play.

BTW's wearing long pants, socks and a hoodie.

Sniper-T
02-21-2015, 09:55 PM
sitting by the fireplace working!

mitunnelrat
02-21-2015, 10:09 PM
Same old situation here. I just put more wood in the furnace so I've got a couple hours to relax. Tomorrow its back out into the cold.

Sniper-T
02-21-2015, 10:17 PM
I have 10 days worth of wood inside. Life is normal here.

mitunnelrat
02-21-2015, 10:41 PM
About the same here. I was wrong when I answered how much we use btw. We go through a face cord a week, on average, and I can generally go two weeks before I have to refill my boxes. I don't like going that long though. It takes to long to refill. Especially since I blew out my wheelbarrow tire and keep forgetting to fix it.

eagle326
02-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Waiting for the snow to quit so I can use the snow blower on my horse shoe dive again in 2 days time. Another 6 or so inches of white stuff. Of course under this new layer is the old hard packed snow and under that is about 1" or better of ice. Momma says no explosives ; Was thinking of some kind of home made napalm spread on drive after all the house is very thick red brick. What the hell's a little heat ; better than rock salt.

We're still going to have minus wind chills up to -10 or so into next week some time. Typical Feb. here.

bacpacker
02-21-2015, 11:08 PM
Just chilling out. Rained here most of the afternoon. Let me know if you need me to head that way, and what you need me to bring.

ElevenBravo
02-21-2015, 11:31 PM
Sitting here watching Emergency! on Netflix, just finished some home made pork ribs smuthered with Sweet Baby, the random click of the propane heater's thermostat going in the background. Indoor is 67, outdoor is 23. (Sat 21FEB15 7:30pm).

By now, the RAIN was supposed to STOP, according to the detailed forecast I looked at this morning. However, its still SNOWING in moderate amounts.

WTF...

Still shooting video from time to time.

EB

ak474u
02-22-2015, 01:50 AM
We have rain and cold coming tomorrow early afternoon, and tomorrow night, we have rain and freezing. Supposed to be 25* and raining Monday AM my first day of my new job, which I was going to do for 1 day, and then go to stupid jury duty, so having to miss my first day sounds pretty sucky.

ElevenBravo
02-22-2015, 02:11 AM
http://www.shtfready.com/threads/4653-Ice-Storm?p=79231&viewfull=1#post79231

Sniper-T
02-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Waiting for the snow to quit so I can use the snow blower on my horse shoe dive again in 2 days time. Another 6 or so inches of white stuff. Of course under this new layer is the old hard packed snow and under that is about 1" or better of ice. Momma says no explosives ; Was thinking of some kind of home made napalm spread on drive after all the house is very thick red brick. What the hell's a little heat ; better than rock salt.

We're still going to have minus wind chills up to -10 or so into next week some time. Typical Feb. here.

How about this Eagle?

https://www.flameengineering.com/agricultural-flamers-multipurpose.php

eagle326
02-22-2015, 09:54 PM
How about this Eagle?

https://www.flameengineering.com/agricultural-flamers-multipurpose.php

HELL YEA!!! Sniper. Get a drive motor on that puppy and a remote controller and I could sit in the house sipping a cold one while delivering the heat.
Oh and put on directional nozzles for that total spread effect. In the warmer months maybe rig it to cook furry critters.

You da man Sniper. :cool:

Vodin
02-22-2015, 11:40 PM
About 7" since yester eve. Removed snow from 6 neighbors and used the snow blower to clear the gutter. Bad ice builds up there. BBQ Balkan Sausage that I ground last month(tastes awesome with Poup On it (Grey Poupon)) And walked the pack this morning.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y534/Vodin136/IMG_3270_zpsdrqqhguh.jpg

Taz Baby
02-22-2015, 11:58 PM
Just got home from work, it is suppose to rain and get cold again with more snow, another storm headed this way. Damn and i haven't got all the snow up from this weeks storm.

realist
02-24-2015, 05:42 AM
Mowed the lawns, and did some pruning. It got cold tonight and I had to put on a sweatshirt. Barbecued some steaks, asparagus, baked potatoes and salad.

Tomorrow I'll be working outside and will go to the range in the afternoon.

bacpacker
02-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Damn show off! :)