PDA

View Full Version : Digestive System

The Stig
08-09-2011, 12:56 AM
At the risk of being disgusting, do you have a cast iron stomach?

If you have a sensitive stomach, or particular foods send you running for the toilet, do you have a stock of medicine to deal it?

On the flip side, if you suffer from the occasional inability to use the restroom, do you have supplies on hand to jump start your system?

If you deal with reoccurring heartburn/acid reflux do you have a stock Pepsid on hand? Any natural remedies?

I imagine our systems will be put though all sorts of turmoil during SHTF events. Whether it be a change in diet because the power was out for a week, or you are bound up like cement because you ate MRE's, our digestive systems will be thrown for a serious loop in the midst of SHTF events.

Are you ready to deal with that?

piranha2
08-09-2011, 02:49 AM
I have some prescription meds that I must take. Other than that, I pretty much have a cast iron stomach. Its something that I keep in mind.

LUNCHBOX
08-09-2011, 04:16 AM
I'm lucky here so far, I have always took it in and then let it out pretty regular. Had ulcers as a kid and could drink a serano shake now....lol. I'll still put back some otc Meds just in case.

Fatty
08-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I always keep immodium on hand because I have to lol.

izzyscout21
08-09-2011, 08:19 PM
I would eat dirt as long as I've got enough Texas Pete to throw on top

bacpacker
08-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Myself, I can eat most anything except cooked carrots, they tear me up. Other than that I'm good with most anything. The wife on the other hand has more stomach problems than 10 people. She's on 2-3 prescription meds. Something else we found that seems to be helping out. Align is the name of it. She found it at Krogers, but Sams and most pharmacies carry it. It has helped her a great deal, she was able to stop one med completely.
We do stock up Immodium and as much stomach meds as we can, plus 2-3 years worth of the Align.