PDA

View Full Version : Mad Max/ Fury Road

Katrina
05-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Looks like it's finally here May 15th. This is the film Son1 spent 6 months in Namibia filming. He's in N.Mex. now, starting another film, this time with Chris Pine. DIL is in GA on another film right now. Can't wait to see Fury Road!!

jamesneuen
05-10-2015, 12:33 PM
What!? New mad max? hmmmmm. Will it still have Mel Gison?

ElevenBravo
05-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Cool, Ive been looking forward to seeing it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8

jamesneuen
05-10-2015, 04:45 PM
That looks awesome!

Vodin
05-10-2015, 07:47 PM
This on looks good. Wanna goto this one as well

http://exmachina-movie.com/trailer/official

ElevenBravo
05-10-2015, 07:57 PM
This on looks good. Wanna goto this one as well

Thats... one of those weird sci-fi movies I can get into!

Katrina
05-12-2015, 04:46 AM
I want to see that as well but I gotta go see Fury Road first,then I'm off to the Michigan Comic Con this week-end..Can't wait!!

Sniper-T
05-13-2015, 04:13 AM
Apparently... apparently... Mel made an appearance at the Hollywood premier. No, he isn't in it, but blessed it!

lol

The trailers look awesome, I can't wait to see it!

Katrina
05-14-2015, 03:26 AM
Son 1 had a LOT of funny stories to tell about the filming. Not sure I can post here but he kept us in stitches.

Katrina
05-15-2015, 06:14 AM
just saw the movie Was pretty good Lots of bad guys dying, lots of explosions. Hardy and Theron weren't too bad. Don't expect Mel Gibson type actor with Hardy. They both were pretty good, not a lot of dialogue, mostly action. Saw the kids' name, we are so PROUD of him. Second on -set assistant director. Hope they do a great box office, good chance Miller will do another one.

2die4
05-15-2015, 04:51 PM
Well I know what I'm doing with my Saturday now!

Katrina
05-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Did you all go see it? How' d you like it?

Sniper-T
05-26-2015, 05:24 PM
I have not... yet! Regular movie night is probably the only thing that I miss by not living in an urban area.

Twitchy
05-26-2015, 08:34 PM
I saw it... was a great movie!

Katrina
05-27-2015, 05:02 AM
Well my son thanks you, his brother thanks you, his father thanks you and I thank you. Glad you liked it, he was Assistant on set second director. He was able to direct a couple of the action scenes you saw.Don't ask me which ones, I couldn't tell you. He had some great stories to tell. Right now he's in N Mex. with Chris Pine and Jeff Bridges on another film.

Willie51
05-29-2015, 01:53 PM
Congrats Katrina. Your son is living the dream that our son wants to do. He graduated from college with his major in film, but is struggling to get his foot in the door. He is now talking with a director in the Atlanta area (near Pinewood Studios) who just finished up Ant Man which will be out in July. He's doing commercials right now and is also a Realtor until he can break into the film industry. He and his wife are expecting their first child in July. Needless to say we are all excited.

Anyway, congrats on your son's success and we plan to go see the movie this weekend. :)

Katrina
05-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Glad to hear that Willie and congrats on the baby. Where abouts in ATL is son? PM me and I let Son 1 know, What has your son done so far, job wise in the field? We're going to family reunion in July and I could give name etc to Son1, NOT PROMISING anything but Son1 might have a contact to give him.

Willie51
06-04-2015, 01:20 AM
Glad to hear that Willie and congrats on the baby. Where abouts in ATL is son? PM me and I let Son 1 know, What has your son done so far, job wise in the field? We're going to family reunion in July and I could give name etc to Son1, NOT PROMISING anything but Son1 might have a contact to give him.

Thanks Katrina! I sent you a PM.

Katrina
06-05-2015, 02:47 AM
Got it and answered it

Katrina
01-13-2016, 02:37 AM
Just a quick update
Son 1 has just been nominated for a DGA award Under George Miller for Best director He goes to the Award ceremony February 6th. It looks like there's a good possibility that George will be nominated for an Oscar this year. You can read it in Variety WHOO HOO!!

ElevenBravo
01-14-2016, 12:12 AM
I forgot about this thread...

MadMax: Futuristic crazy movie, but it had a STORY!

Fury: I got the BluRay off netflix... within 20 painful minutes, I put it back in the sleeve.. I never picked up a real sense of direction... and I like action like the next guy, but just chains of senseless action just didnt get me excited.

If you liked it, thats cool... and Im not even trying to compare it to the original, measured on it's own merits, Im glad I rented it and was only out a few days shipping where Id rather have had "Topper" or "Arsenic and Old Lace"...

EB