PDA

View Full Version : Clothing, what is your preference?

LUNCHBOX
08-09-2011, 04:35 AM
If something--not so natural--kicked off, do you have a clothing preference?

I normally would wear shorts (even in winter) although I have bdus that will be my choice if needed. My opinion is that they are made about as good as it gets. I didn't care for the top until I had mine altered by moving the pickets around.

I know some people that wear jeans all year. It just seems to me there is no middle ground with them. Don't breath in the summer, to cold for winter. There are some decent khaki styles around, just not sewn as good in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

AlphaTea
08-09-2011, 05:14 AM
I have always been one to go for the "hide in plain sight" look
I dont want to look like a prepper or a survivalist or an easy target. Just a face in the crowd
I have to say I love a good Hawaiian shirt and have some spectacular tie-dye shirts too, but i only wear them to places where they would not stand out. My Leonidas, Molon Labe and NRA shirts are at home only. Not ashamed, just low profile.
My preference? Since I always CCW, usually I wear jeans and a Duluth longtail T-shirt. If its cooler I add a mid-weight Cabelas (or Carhardt) tall hoodie. Nevados hikers all year round. Never sandals or bare foot.
I love BDUs but like to hide too. Sometimes I do wear a boonie hat
I never wear a fanny pack cause they scream "dork" or "I am trying to hide my Glock"
All that being said, if SHTF and I was at home, BDUs or cargo pants would be my first choice. I like pockets. Lots of pockets.

Jerry D Young
08-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Propper khaki public service Tactical Pants – best quality/price/feature I’ve found
Propper khaki public service Tactical shirt – as above

2nd choice: Dickies khaki work pants and shirt

izzyscout21
08-09-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm a 5.11 Tactical pants kinda guy. I normally wear some shirt from the boys at rangerup.com or a long sleeve button down from Wally world untucked, with the sleeves rolled up. Merrell Moab's on my feet. I guess I'm fairly simple.

bacpacker
08-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Work wear is jeans and a button up shirt. Around the house it's BDU's or carhartt's. I love the BDU's, They last forever and I love all the pockets. Carhartt's are tough as nails and work well in the winter. Both make good cut off shorts as well. As far as shirt, I like button up's since they allow for good venting, but I wear T's alot around the house. Like Alpha Tea I have my share of tie dies :).
Daily Foot wear is Reeboks, they wear well for me and are highly recommended by foot Dr.'s. I keep a pair of Vasque boot's in which ever care I drive.

The Stig
08-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I am absolutely in love with 3 color desert BDU's. Very comfortable, lots of pocket space. Been wearing them to work around the house, hike, take classes, etc.

(If anybody has some decent quality of these in large/regular and is looking to wheel and deal, let me know!)

I wear so many different types of clothes its hard to say.

If out and about I tend to dress lo-pro, avoid obvious gun stuff. That's just personal preference, not some big tactical wizardry on my part.

If working I'm in a button down, sport coat and tie.

If working around the house it's BDU's or workpants and a t-shirt. Wall-Mart boots.

Church is slacks and a short sleeve button down.

Lounging around house is shorts and a tshirt.

But if I had to chose one it's BDUs and a tshirt for the win. I'd look dumb at church but I'd be comfy!

Thor827
08-10-2011, 10:44 PM
I look like a heavy metal dirtbag or a stoner, so I play up the look. I already have lots of tattoos. I usually wear either a band shirt or a plain t shirt. As far as pants, it might be jeans, cargos, bdu's, or shorts. Footwear is mostly sneakers. If you saw me you would never think prepper, you would think I was a POS. I also play up my accent and act dumb around people I don't know. It's easier to tell if someone is trying to get over on you when they think you're stupid. I like to have the upper hand at all times............only wolves are safe from other wolves.

RedJohn
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
I usually only wear jeans and T-shirts. If anything unusual should happen, I would definitely change to my BDUs. This is one of the reasons I am very interested in the online store that you posted in the other thread. They seem to have good sturdy stuff that would fit the bill in such a situation.

Grumpy Old Man
08-11-2011, 06:40 PM
I favor Carrhart coats Wranglers (shirts and jeans) because that is the local style here in rural Commiefornicastan. I have 1 set of issue BDUs from #1 son and 1 set of multicam. The multicam is great btw. But mostly my camo is Mossy Oak or Realtree. I truly favor khaki Cargo pants with a Chambry work shirt. For boots either my Ariat work/barn boots or my Vasque Sundowners.

mitunnelrat
08-12-2011, 03:39 AM
Khaki cargo pants and a button down long sleeve shirt is my favorite combo. In earth tones. Aside from a few torn button holes (my fault for not tucking them in) my walmart specials held up to extreme abuse in Joplin. They pack smaller and lighter than BDU's, are lower profile, and the earth tones blend well enough in my AO.

Stg1swret
08-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Comfortable long wearing long sleeved shirts and pants. Boots, nondescript jacket/coat. L L Bean makes some great stuff.