PDA

View Full Version : Wife's birthday - help needed!

Sniper-T
06-05-2015, 03:47 AM
So in a month and a half (Jul 17) M.s Sniper celebrates a milestone birthday, and has subtly been hinting that she would like something special. I shortlisted a group of her(our) friends/family, and I'm looking at a get together of about 50 people!

Here...
At our home...

I want to make it special for her, but I (my family)has never done anything special for a birthday, or anything, really...

thoughts, suggestions?

ElevenBravo
06-05-2015, 10:27 PM
A birthday party, with a cookout and friends & family. Surprise party that is. Then for the rest of the week you rub her feet, run her bath and do ALL the chores around the house. Once that shit is out of the way, go back to normal... It will surly make it all seam that much better! HA HA!

Or, an M&P and 500 rnds... Thats all I can think of...

EB

Sniper-T
06-05-2015, 11:33 PM
lol. thanks EB!

next...

Stormfeather
06-05-2015, 11:48 PM
Plan something special the night before her birthday, go all out on the whole shebang...., run a nice bath with those special bath oils, (all women have that crap laying around whether they admit it or not) lit candles in the bath, lay out a nice dress for her, let her get dressed up for dinner, make sure its a homecooked meal that "SHE" likes, (not one of yours and hers favorites), candles on the dinner table, Make a special dessert that you hand feed her, nice fire in the fireplace with a few glasses of wine, rose petals on the bed. Then bang it out really good for her Bday! Then the next day, do a gathering of family/friends and have an actual party. Myself, I would get a nice piece of jewelry for her, that she can show off to the lady friends during the party. Women love that stuff. All in all, it wont cost you anything except the cost of the jewelry, and a few hundred calories burnt from the sex!
WIN/WIN for everyone! You get a nice romantic piece of wife lovin, she gets to be queen for the day, and everyone gets a good meal out of it.

If that doesnt work for you, get a couple cases of cheap tequila, a pinata, and have a drunken margarita birthday.

Vodin
06-06-2015, 12:24 AM
Wrap the gift and dont use newspaper go and buy the wrap. Hand write a note to her. Fix her favorite meal. Think of her nothing else.

bacpacker
06-06-2015, 01:13 AM
Some good suggestions so far. Sounds like you are having a big group for the party. Plan out a nice evening the day before for just her, or the day of depending on what day it falls on. Then the day of the party (I assume on a weekend) have a pig roast (or whatever good meat you have on hand) with all the fixins to go with it.

Sniper-T
06-06-2015, 05:07 AM
BP, that is looking like the plan.

Saturday party for a Friday B-day.

I will be doing a hog roast, buried dutch oven of baked beans, homemade slaw, fresh from garden salad(lettuce/onions/tomatoes/celery/radish/peppers), ...

I also plan on making her fav dinner the night before (scallops), and doing the bath/evening thing... but that isn't special... I do that for her multiple times a year (bday, mothers day, anniversary, just because)

Rest: I will NOT buy her jewellery! This is an issue point for us, as she doesn't take care of what she has. left laying around wherever she takes it off. doesn't matter if it is cheap cosmetic crap or her 'special' stuff, that cost me multiple paychecks. Personally I love seeing the cats batting her diamond bracelet around the livingroom floor! :mad: This being the bracelet my dad bought my mom for their 40th anniversary! or listening to her lamenting on how she can't find this, that and/or the other... Grrr.

ElevenBravo
06-07-2015, 02:06 AM
Gift certificate to Lowes/Home Depot
Vacuum cleaner
Blender or toaster

Make sure you have a soft couch first...

realist
06-08-2015, 04:33 PM
You know she could always use a pool boy. My wife got one two years before we got a pool, I'm not sure he had to train that long and then there was their vacations...........oh never mind..........how about a card with a Starbucks give card for $10.........

Breakfast in bed with chocolate covered strawberries, don't spill the coffee, with the newspaper. A picnic lunch, maybe some nice chicken or her favorite sandwich, keep it simple some place nice and then return home for the surprise birthday party. I know it is probably too late for the surprise party, just a thought.....

If you want to get her a present then just get her a watch, something simple she can wear everyday such as the one below.

http://www.amazon.com/DAY-DATE-PRESIDENT-YELLOW-FLUTED-218238/dp/B00TKOV4CA/ref=sr_1_30?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1433781075&sr=1-30&keywords=womans+rolex+watches

Stormfeather
06-09-2015, 03:02 AM
SniperT, go to your local thrift shop, and buy the HUGEST goddawful ugliest piece of jewelry they have, Im talking the stuff they wore in the roaring 20's or crap you would have seen a pimp wear in the early 70's, that way shes either gonna really never lose it... or shes going to lose it really fast! WIN/WIN!

Sniper-T
06-09-2015, 11:27 AM
^
bwahahahaha!

Gunfixr
06-10-2015, 06:47 PM
You do have to be careful about what you do. You can start something that becomes expected behavior.

For instance, my wife decided that for Mothers Day, I should cook a nice dinner. She suggested steaks on the grill, maybe some veggies.
Of course, she already knows I can grill, usually I marinated with a marinade I make up, and any idiot can drop veggies from a can into a pot and heat them up, right?
So, I marinated and grilled the steaks, and did a veggie, but also did a pasta dish, and did fudge brownies for dessert. She didn't know at all about dessert until she was getting dinner.
It all came out perfect. The pasta was right, the brownies were right, or course the steaks were right, and you'd have to work hard to ruin a canned veggie.

Now, she would like that once a month, at least.

So, a word of warning for the Birthday Surprise.

Sniper-T
06-10-2015, 07:01 PM
lol. Not too worried about the kitchen aspect of it... I already do 90%+ of the cooking.

But as for the cleaning... point taken!

Caveman Survival
06-19-2015, 01:40 PM
If it's an outdoor shindig then turn it into a dress up party. She will never forget it. My family (running in the 40 ppl range at the time) would have an annual family BBQ, and every year would be a theme: western, caveman, gangster (as opposed to gangsta), Hawaiian, you get the idea. Customize party games to the theme. Even whip up some cheap I decorations (the kids would paper mâché boulders or palm trees. It takes the sting out of birthday milestones that most women experience, it allows everyone to participate and feel like a kid again, and it is something that she will definitely remember until dementia sets in in.

You could have hokey dollar store prizes for the kids to play for. Themed bean bag toss, ring toss, horseshoes, what ever. I can almost guarantee that it'll be a blast. Unless you are all sticks in the mud lol

Sniper-T
06-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Have to think about the dress up thing. Lots of people will be in bathing suits for swimming or hot tubbing as it is.

Games are what makes her family go around.
We have:
ladder ball
Bocce
Horseshoes
Antler toss
tether ball
badminton
croquette
and volley ball

And just got confirmation that her dad and uncles are bringing their instruments, so we'll have a live band on the deck.

jamesneuen
06-19-2015, 07:53 PM
antler toss?

Sniper-T
06-19-2015, 09:10 PM
remember lawn darts? or Jarts as they are called now... Same idea except with deer antlers. use 'sheds' so it is only one side.
Same scoring principle as lawn darts...

in the circle stuck in the ground: 3 points
in the circle points up: 2 points
straddling the edge of the hoop: 1 point
Catch an opponent throw: 5 points
fumble while catching: -5 points
sticking in your opponents foot: Game winner.

jamesneuen
06-19-2015, 09:31 PM
lol I like those rules. A friend of mine made a set of lawn darts at work a few years ago. All steel construction. I refused to attend that cookout.