PDA

View Full Version : Firehose Work Pants

The Stig
08-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Firehose work pants from Duluth Trading (http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/duluth-ingenuity/fire-hose-clothes-apparel/92204.aspx)

http://www.duluthtrading.com/services/image.aspx/MjAwOTE1MjE1Mzc0ODA2/media/images/products/92204_LOD.jpg-1200x1200

Tough Fire Hose® Work Pants out-tough, outlast the rest

Hardworking guys put our Fire Hose Work Pants to the test every day. Sheet metal burrs, oil, grimy factory floors, these pants take it all. Our exclusive Fire Hose fabric makes them the most durable and comfortable work pants you’ve ever pulled on. In fact, we're so sure these pants won't let you down, we back them up with this bold promise:
"We Dare You to Wear 'Em Out" Guarantee

If your Duluth Trading Fire Hose Work Pants ever let you down, fray, tear, rip or give out, send them back to us. No questions asked, we’ll send you a brand spankin’ new pair, and the shipping’s on us.
At a glance:

Tough yet soft 11.5-oz. Fire Hose cotton canvas
Prewashed for broken-in comfort
Treated for stain and water resistance
Comfortable crotch gusset lets you bend and crouch
Mid-leg and back pockets with exclusive tuckable capability
Deep 8-oz. Fire Hose pocket bags resist punctures from tools
Durable triple-stitched seams
Imported

Anybody have any experience with these? Looks interesting and I don't mind spending more to get a pair of pants that last.

Some of the complaints in the review section are that they are heavy.

Anyway...input welcome.

RedJohn
08-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Nice pants and a very interesting website.

ETA: Shit, they have 2 type of shirt that I have been looking all over. Not good for my wallet.

bacpacker
08-11-2011, 12:59 AM
I got a catalog from Duluth TC several years ago and saw those pants and a very long tail T Shirt. Never ordered them and wish now I had ordered some of them. I would guess they are kinda heavy, but so are Carhartt's. Just gives you longer wear I suppose.

AlphaTea
08-11-2011, 01:10 AM
The pants that the company buys for me are Carhartt Washed Duck 12oz Dungarees. About $40-50/ pair. Pretty much the same as the Duluth pants.
Kind of stiff when BFN but they lighten up over time. You cant wear them out. Tough as nails. Great pants.

As I said in another thread, I wear their heavy weight Long tail T's and Henleys most of the time. Yea, a little pricey but well worth it for the quality. They make good stuff.

LUNCHBOX
08-11-2011, 04:27 AM
I didn't think the price was to bad...I've got some F.U. money laying around from selling that kidney....jk. I'll order a pair and check them out and give a review in a couple weeks. I need some fall/outdoor workpants anyway.

LUNCHBOX
08-11-2011, 04:39 AM
8-10-11, Pants ordered....review follow up in a couple weeks.

8-11-11, Pants shipped today....I am such a gear hog.