PDA

View Full Version : The Last Ship - Second Season Premeire

Illini Warrior
06-20-2015, 08:58 PM
the 2nd season premiere of The Last Ship is tomorrow nite (Sunday) (06/21/15) at 8pm (CST) on the TNT network ....

the crew is back in the US - docked in Baltimore of all places - and the plague cure is ready .... they'll have to battle the various power factions that the US has splintered into .... the previews show some good action

Sniper-T
06-20-2015, 10:45 PM
Never even heard of it... but since I love sailing, boats, water and all things nautical... I'll be watching for it.

ETA: 17 minutes since this post, I saw the ad for it on the SPACE channel for tomorrow night.

lol

jamesneuen
06-21-2015, 02:14 AM
I just saw an ad for it at the movie the wife and I just went to. Looks interesting but I don't have any knowledge of the first season.

Illini Warrior
06-21-2015, 01:29 PM
I just saw an ad for it at the movie the wife and I just went to. Looks interesting but I don't have any knowledge of the first season.

unfortunately TNT ran the entire 1st season, in a marathon, several weeks ago for the Memorial Weekend affair .... they should have saved it or re-run it again for this weekend ... just bad programming on their part ... it is available on-line if you have time available today ....

next weekend Falling Skies returns for it's 4th season .... again it's the TNT network .... Sunday nite (06/28/15) at 9pm (CST) following next week's 1 hour episode of The Last Ship ....

jamesneuen
06-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Now Falling Skies I have been watching and I love it. I'm on season 3 right now.

izzyscout21
06-22-2015, 12:29 AM
I am absolutely hooked on "The Last Ship". Love Falling Skies too.

Domeguy
06-23-2015, 11:31 AM
Sorry, the wife and I will be busy watching reruns of "House Wives of Orange County". She has control of the remote, and I still walk with a bit of a limp from the last time I suggested we change the channel.

realist
06-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Domeguy who wears the pants in your family. You just set down the law and show her who is boss!!!! I can't see how anyone can be so pussy whipped!!!

What? Oh........uh..........yes dear...........

Domeguy I apologize for my out burst. I should not have said such hurtful things. We men all know our place and should stay there. Your wife was right.

Is that all dear? Ok, I'll go back outside now and wash your car...........

izzyscout21
08-31-2015, 10:24 PM
Just got caught up on this show as well. The season finale is next Sunday. I've really gotten attached to this show too. Good writing, good, cast, and semi-feasible scenarios.....

Illini Warrior
09-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Just got caught up on this show as well. The season finale is next Sunday. I've really gotten attached to this show too. Good writing, good, cast, and semi-feasible scenarios.....

next week's season finale sets up for next year - should be interesting where the show goes .... they killed off the second bad guy - the plague is conquered - the new prez has his bonkers back ....

Domeguy
09-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Looking from some information on a movie. I sat down to watch "The Omega Man" today, and it's not the movie I thought it was. The movie I am looking for I thought was the omega man, and I thought Charlton Heston was the lead roll, is set in a post apocalyptic city where he thought he was the only one left. I remember him having manicans in the apartment and talking to them. I remember one was named "Snodgrass", and during an argument, he or another one was thrown out of the window. I remember he has his place set up with all kinds of booby traps. I know this sounds a lot like "The Omega Man", but after just watching it, I'm sure it isn't. So please help out an old fat man. Any help would be.....helpful.

gunnermax
01-10-2016, 02:12 PM
ive been following this series closely. great show and makes you think!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Looking from some information on a movie. I sat down to watch "The Omega Man" today, and it's not the movie I thought it was. The movie I am looking for I thought was the omega man, and I thought Charlton Heston was the lead roll, is set in a post apocalyptic city where he thought he was the only one left. I remember him having manicans in the apartment and talking to them. I remember one was named "Snodgrass", and during an argument, he or another one was thrown out of the window. I remember he has his place set up with all kinds of booby traps. I know this sounds a lot like "The Omega Man", but after just watching it, I'm sure it isn't. So please help out an old fat man. Any help would be.....helpful.

You are correct DG, that was the Name of the movie and Charles was in it. He played Neville and Mathias I think was the name of the leader of "The Family" and last but not least there was Cesar, the manikin dressed in uniform that he played chess with. Good flick, it was a remake of a Vincent Price Movie "The last Man on Earth" If you like Vincent you'll love this one. Oh and they did a remake of "The Omega Man" I forget what they called it but it really sucked. The host of the "Iron Chef" was the main character. He's some sort of martial arts/actor, but I know Chuck Norris can kick his ass.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Now as for Charton Heston and Chuck Norris goes, Chuck would lose..........Charley would just shoot him.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-10-2016, 06:34 PM
As for derailing the thread, I do enjoy the last ship. It's staying pretty close to Navy traditions. Some characters do have some flaws, Master Chief has a few "quirks" the CO is a bit way to gung ho for your Fleet Naval Officers of today and my day. But he has good qualities most that are dreamland. XO has some damn fine qualities. The females step up to the plate, the enlisted step up but they should get more limelight than the wardroom. If you're going to do anything about the military, make sure you show them who's doing all the work. Hell in "Battleship" the enlisted Navy kicked the aliens ass! Annnd some young Officer earned respect.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-12-2016, 03:51 PM
I do love my little boats and guns...........something about the pucker factor. Only two ways to go, up river or down river............nothin but fuckin sand and mud. OH, Stormy....you said you had your "Circle of friends" mine's more like a sphincter of friends. I guess that's why they're so few. Hey........butt we're tight Bro!:o