PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th of july

realist
07-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Happy 4th of July. It is a time to remember our history. Enjoy this time with family and friends. Be safe

Gunfixr
07-04-2015, 01:40 PM
No celebration here.
Brought dad home to his house from the hospital wednesday. He has cancer, terminal, and could go any time. Have hospice, and must have a 24hr caregiver, which is me. So, im at his house. Wife has to work today, might see her tonight.

Anybody raising a cold one, can raise one for me, if they dont mind.

bacpacker
07-04-2015, 03:41 PM
That's tough bud! I have been hoping for a better outcome for you guys. His is blessed to have a son that will stay by his side through this.
You all are in my prayers.

realist
07-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad. Our prayers go out to you. On the good side you are able to be with him and can say goodbye, that never happened with my parents. Here's to you and your family over this 4th.

Gunfixr
07-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Dad passed away a little before 0230 today.
He was resting as comfortably as i could make him.
His fight with cancer has ended, as has his suffering from it.

bacpacker
07-07-2015, 05:05 PM
Sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

eagle326
07-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Sorry to hear ; But you did good in taking care of your father. Thoughts & prayers to you and family.

Sniper-T
07-08-2015, 03:00 AM
Sorry to hear all this bud, my heart hurts for you!

thoughts and prayers heading out to you and yours!

Katrina
07-09-2015, 02:24 AM
I am sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers go out to you and the family.

Gunfixr
07-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys.
Been busier than a one armed paper hanger ever since.
I am the executor of the estate, as well as the sensible one, so the "business" of dads final business also falls to me.
He was a meticulous person, and kept absolutely everything, so i have been sifting for over a week, getting papers together, chasing down what is still viable, and what isnt.
Soon, will start cleaning out his house.
Did i mention he kept absolutely everything?
I think i will get to work tomorrow, havent been in 5 weeks now.
Going to work.a few days a week, and work on the house a few days a week.

bacpacker
07-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Good to hear from you. Getting back to work will probably give you a chance to get your mind on something else for a bit.

Gunfixr
08-15-2015, 05:43 AM
Well, nothing has worked out as planned. Only been to work a little, so not getting much done. Every week, something urgent comes up, so hardly getting anything done at dad's.
Finally got started this week, then wife went in the hospital. Two weeks ago, she got a finger caught in a door at work that was giving trouble, and had a load of stitches. Last week, when the stitches were supposed to come out, it was infected, so she had surgery on it. This week, the infection was back, so another surgery on it.
Turns out, she has mrsa.

Going through dad's affairs, there is a decent chance he left me with a chance to better my position. I might be able to get out to the country.
If so, will be my only chance.
Sucks how it comes to be, though.
However, I will plan it to, if at all possible, be debt free there.