PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

The Stig
08-12-2011, 06:45 PM
My list of pet peeves is lengthy but I'm trying to pare them down a bit.

My current ones are:

People who eat loudly. Smacking gums, slurping noises, chewing and the dreaded scraping of the teeth across the fork all drive me batty.

People who "don't swear" but then use durn and fracking. If you are going to swear...then swear. If you aren't going to swear, then don't swear. But don't say you don't swear and try to look cool by saying "fookin" or some other retarded variation. If you sign on to not swearing you sign on to using other adjectives.

People who make the simplest task as complex as possible. Some folks just have a knack for making a 5 minute job into 4 hours, 100 phone calls, a trip to the store and several new website memberships.

People who run trite internet statements into the ground. "You owe me a new keyboard" is no longer original, cute or witty. "I see what you did there" is also worn out. It's akin to putting on a shitty Jerry Seinfeld accent and saying "why do people wear socks?" It's not cutting edge comedy and neither is typing "shit just got real".

Yours?

piranha2
08-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Damn cell phones ringing in public places. Gun stores, restaurants, doctor offices, dmv, etc. I want quiet when I am fondling potentially new guns.

Damn pants hanging down to ones knees. Unless you are a model or close to it, your butt crack ain't pretty, I don't want to see it. Or your underwear. Attention Wal Mart shoppers.

The bung hole burglar that ALWAYS says he shot his deer at 4-500 yards. Dude, you are a liar, or you need to start hunting and get closer. And oh yeh, it ain't 300 yards from here to the damn mailbox, its 200 feet. Buy a range finder.

The guy that bitches about store bought water. Man, I don't use that "purified" water, it tastes like crap. I only use the "spring" water. It tastes much better. And the store brand is just plain nasty. You moron, its the same stuff. Its tap water run through a UV system, or best case, RO. (my SIL)

The guy that thinks he can cook barbeque better than you know who.

And the list could go on.

Fatty
08-13-2011, 02:50 PM
People who don't use turn signals or have no sense of purpose when driving 5 mph under the speed limit.

RedJohn
08-13-2011, 07:07 PM
A man's word is his bond. I hate people that never seem to remember what they promised when they needed you. I know a certain KINGCHIP that is still having to deal with me because he did not respect his word.

The Stig
08-15-2011, 12:45 AM
I would like to make an addition to the fourth category of pet peeves I originally listed.

It's called a sandwich. It is not a sammich . You are neither funny, clever or cool when you type this. If you were preparing to type this "word" please go kick yourself in the nuts.

izzyscout21
08-15-2011, 01:37 AM
People that ask me how many people I killed when I was in Iraq. The answer is "enough", rudeass. HOWEVER, ask me again and I am more than willing to add you to my body count.

LUNCHBOX
08-15-2011, 04:21 AM
The driving one is a big one for me, I love to speed, our brilliant leaders made the speed limit and these shitbags won't even do it.

These stupid asses that want to talk like other stupid asses because they think its cool.

Know-it-alls.....if you know it then good, if you don't then shut the FARK up.(Fark was for Stig)

How about this one, I know a guy that did just what you did but better.--nut kicker.

.........I just got myself all worked up, I need a break.

AlphaTea
08-15-2011, 04:21 AM
Rude people in general.
People who are always late.
Manipulative people.
Know-it-alls.
People who want you to do something they would not do themselves
People who think that saying "I'm sorry" is an acceptable excuse. Usually has no feeing or remorse to it but you are supposed to let it slide. Kind of like a person saying "I'm Sorry. I was drunk at the time"
Wow, I guess most politicians fall into the above categories.

RedJohn
08-15-2011, 12:03 PM
People that ask me how many people I killed when I was in Iraq. The answer is "enough", rudeass. HOWEVER, ask me again and I am more than willing to add you to my body count.

I get that a lot too, so I give them an outrageous number, then they think I am full of shit and stop asking.

Stg1swret
08-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Izzy and RedJohn, went through that crap when I got back from Nam. I shut them up quickly with the folowing, " I would have killed more but I was surrounded and they killed me". The dumbass look you get is priceless. It also ends the conversation.

The Stig
08-15-2011, 08:29 PM
New pet peeve to add to the list: people with zero situational awareness whatsoever.

When clearing airport security a dude stood at the very beginning of the xray machine chute to gather his belongings. Fortunately, I was the only other person in line but he just continued lollygagging along putting his shoes and belt on without a care in the world. Meanwhile I had to stand there because my stuff was still in the part of the xray machine chute where you can see it but not reach it.

That that it would have mattered, the way the area was set up there was no way I could have gotten past Mr Head In The Clouds to get to my stuff.

All he had to do was slide his gear four feet to the left, across the rollers no less, to allow us both to have space to rearrange our belongings.

When it was all over he turned around and was startled that I was standing five feet behind him. All he uttered was a half-assed "sorry man".

He had no idea that the rest of the world was going on around him.

LUNCHBOX
08-15-2011, 11:50 PM
I don't know Stig, having a few "head in the clouds" could make it easier for you to get away from an incident under the right conditions. Might just be a catch 22.

(they are at least funny to look at)

alpmco
08-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Adults that are loud and apparently have attention deficit disorder. The type that can’t stay on topic or in mid-sentence stop to say something to someone else. Usually that someone else is trying to sneak by without being seen.

People that are not on time. If the time of arrival is to be 2:00 I expect you there by 1:58 so we can get started at 2:00. If you need to take a dump or get a drink either take care of that along the way or get here even earlier so it can be taken care of.

People that ask you to do them a favor and say everything will be ready when you arrive, then you arrive and they haven’t even started the job so you sit around waiting for them to get done so you can do your part. Never mind that I have other important things to do, like sleep because my rump roast is up at oh-dark-thirty every morning and wants to be down when the sun sets.

izzyscout21
09-04-2011, 07:47 PM
People that automatically drop their IQ level and capability of English language mastery at the sight of a baby. Talk normal you idiot. You want to know why our kids are screwed up and can't pass middle school grammar? It's because you have talked to your kid using idiotic tones and mispronounced words since they escaped the womb. No wonder your kid is just as stupid as you are.

Kodiak
09-08-2011, 05:46 AM
-One Uppers- the guy who always has a better story, or has done it better than you.

-GI Joe- its the guy who has to let everyone know how badass he is. He tells stories about how awesome he is and every battle he fought in. Reality is he was probably just a truck driver.

-Everyone who shops at Walmart- enough said. :)

gunbuilder69
09-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't know about you lil brother,but I don't remember killing any "people" over there! just animals and garbage.

A few of my peeves are;
Internet commando's(not what you're thinking RJ!),the constant flow of one-upmanship from the fat pubescent "been nowhere-done everything" cellar ninja's

Sales/pr people in s.florida who walk up to me and start speaking spanish because how I look(I usually answer them in german or italian or french,then tell to fuck off in spanish)

people who drive with thier hazard flashers on in the rain,cuz thier skeered!!!! It's dangerous to normal people and it's illegal.pull the fuck over and wait for your pussy to dry the fuck out,then go home!!!

people who feel the need to touch me to make a point or some other insecure connection. Don't fucking touch me unless it's my zipper and there is gonna be some sucking involved

people who have a response to everything that is said to them.sometimes it's okay to say nothing and absorb what's being said.If you're thinking of a response or retort while someone's talking to you,guess what? you're on the list.shut the fuck up and walk away with a message today instead!

people with zero follow through! this comes my Army days... if have made a commitment to do something,fucking do it! don't waste the 'doing it' time making excuses. My fucking dog is more committed than 9/10's of the fucking population.

Coffee! alot of you guys are gonna bug,but fuck it,we're opening up right? Coffee smells like burnt fucking piss to me. I grew up down the road from the "8 o'clock" coffee company and I drink tea... religiously. If I could,I would shoot the next MF'r who walked by me with a cup of the shit.
I'll continue in a bit,work calls...

The Stig
09-13-2011, 11:05 PM
I don't know about you lil brother,but I don't remember killing any "people" over there! just animals and garbage.

A few of my peeves are;
Internet commando's(not what you're thinking RJ!),the constant flow of one-upmanship from the fat pubescent "been nowhere-done everything" cellar ninja's

Sales/pr people in s.florida who walk up to me and start speaking spanish because how I look(I usually answer them in german or italian or french,then tell to fuck off in spanish)

people who drive with thier hazard flashers on in the rain,cuz thier skeered!!!! It's dangerous to normal people and it's illegal.pull the fuck over and wait for your pussy to dry the fuck out,then go home!!!

people who feel the need to touch me to make a point or some other insecure connection. Don't fucking touch me unless it's my zipper and there is gonna be some sucking involved

people who have a response to everything that is said to them.sometimes it's okay to say nothing and absorb what's being said.If you're thinking of a response or retort while someone's talking to you,guess what? you're on the list.shut the fuck up and walk away with a message today instead!

people with zero follow through! this comes my Army days... if have made a commitment to do something,fucking do it! don't waste the 'doing it' time making excuses. My fucking dog is more committed than 9/10's of the fucking population.

Coffee! alot of you guys are gonna bug,but fuck it,we're opening up right? Coffee smells like burnt fucking piss to me. I grew up down the road from the "8 o'clock" coffee company and I drink tea... religiously. If I could,I would shoot the next MF'r who walked by me with a cup of the shit.
I'll continue in a bit,work calls...

8.5/10 on the rant scale. Needs more swearing.

izzyscout21
09-14-2011, 03:40 AM

lol

gunbuilder69
09-16-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't see shit brother,what the fuck are you talking about?!

Pt.II

people who act/behave towards you @ work,in a manner inconsistent with who they are. Ex. If you wouldn't talk shit to me and raise your voice out in public or a bar,what the fuck makes you think it's gonna fly @ work?

25 minutes of commercials on the radio just hear 4 good songs,then more commercials. Time to get sat radio I guess...

Fuckin' .40 cal ammo prices lately,WTF!!!!!

HOA's,need I say more?!

Stay tuned

mitunnelrat
09-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Unprincipled, undisciplined, inconsistent people with no control over their children or animals who open their suck to bitch at and berate those of us who do. There's a reason that kid listens to me, thanks, and not you - and its not because I'm a "hard ass", think I'm a drill instructor, or even that I'm mean. Tell me again please, just what standards are you using to make that judgment?

(Semi-)Officials abusing their position and authority in attempts to intimidate and coerce people. I will give all due respect to any service member, LEO, or public official acting with a modicum of respect and integrity, but can guarantee anyone acting anything less than professional will come to rue my name. My neighbor is a prime example of this. I also fully expect a parolee or habitual offender to track her down and wreck her world one day.

Sniper-T
09-22-2011, 05:40 PM
People who are late because they drove 10 km below the speed limit from Walmart while eating a sammich and drinking a bottle of evian water while talking on their cell phone.

The Stig
09-24-2011, 12:32 AM
There is a certain website out there, that shall remain nameless (but rhymes with AR15.Com) (http://www.ar15.com) ) where the word "interdasting" has replaced "interesting".

I have no idea why this happened, what epicenter of hipster culture generated this silly term or if there's some deeper meaning to it.

Frankly, I don't really care.

For the love of all things sacred just quit fucking using it. Every other toolbag is posting it thinking they are being "cleaver" or "cutting edge". They are all jackholes of the highest order.

I will now go yell at some neighbor kids for walking on my lawn.

izzyscout21
09-24-2011, 01:51 AM
People that always speak of themselve in the third person. Enough said. Izzy wishes to beat them all.

Stormfeather
09-24-2011, 05:01 AM
Rude people
Dishonest people
Slow people
People. . . . period.

As Izzy said. . . how many people did you shoot/kill in Iraq? My answer. . "none, I was a combat cook, we specialized in Death From Within."
As a Private Security Contractor. . . . How many innocent people did you kill in Iraq? "As many as I could to perpetuate the stereotype."
Asking me how much I got paid as a PSC, My answer. . . "thousands upon thousands of dollars, but I blew it all on hookers and blow the day I got back and landed in Vegas." (none of your damn business, do I ask what your sexual toy your wife plays with? No? Then stay in your damn lane)
One-up-man-ship. . . . Only combat cooks are allowed to do this. You must be a cook with a CIB to be allowed, if you arent, then shut pie hole now please.
Former CIA/Spec-War/Army Recon/Marine Ranger/Navy Seal Team 6/Blackwater members who now hang out at the local bars everywhere I go.
Ex-Wives, especially those who now do all those things in bed they refused to do with you, but will text you and tell you about it. (yea, im bitter, fuck off!)
Psychiatrists who tell me I cant possibly suffer from any form of PTSD because I have "kind eyes" (true story)

Oh, and the list goes on, but Im going to stop now and drink a beer, I feel my neck tensing up. . . .

izzyscout21
09-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Those people at work who feel the need to occupy the handicap bathroom stall when I feel the need arise. Sure, I'm not handicapped and neither are you, but that's MY cadillac throne and we're bout to throw down.

Sniper-T
10-17-2011, 08:52 PM
for all you vets that get asked how many people you killed... do what a buddy of mine does...

look around conspirically, then in a hushed voice say " not as many as I've killed since I've been back" then give them the stare until they go away!

TEOTWAWKI13
10-17-2011, 09:51 PM
People who constantly play the victim, and the fucktards who put up with and believe them, thereby empowering and encouraging them...I'll give you an example...my ex wife. The dumb bitch falsely accuses me of pushing my own kid down, files a restraining order, drags me through $40k+ and rising daily in legal and court expenses, but then wants to act like I'm a difficult person because I want to meet in public somewhere to exchange the kids, or takes pics of my mom and dad dropping the kids off and goes to the judge and says "he doesn't even spend time with the kids". No your honor, I don't trust that dumb bitch any farther than I can throw her 105, no 115, no 135 pound and growing every day ass. She's a liar and a manipulator and since she got mommy and daddy financing her attacks on me I'll never put myself in a situation where she can use it to her advantage. Now stop playing the victim and admit you're a shitty parent with an agenda. Two psychologists have already told you that you have an agenda. Sociopath!!!

I guess I could have just said "ex wives" and been done with this post. :)

Sparrow
10-17-2011, 11:17 PM
People who constantly play the victim, and the fucktards who put up with and believe them, thereby empowering and encouraging them...I'll give you an example...my ex wife. The dumb bitch falsely accuses me of pushing my own kid down, files a restraining order, drags me through $40k+ and rising daily in legal and court expenses, but then wants to act like I'm a difficult person because I want to meet in public somewhere to exchange the kids, or takes pics of my mom and dad dropping the kids off and goes to the judge and says "he doesn't even spend time with the kids". No your honor, I don't trust that dumb bitch any farther than I can throw her 105, no 115, no 135 pound and growing every day ass. She's a liar and a manipulator and since she got mommy and daddy financing her attacks on me I'll never put myself in a situation where she can use it to her advantage. Now stop playing the victim and admit you're a shitty parent with an agenda. Two psychologists have already told you that you have an agenda. Sociopath!!!

Moral of this story is ... don't get married?

This sounds like a not so great situation, I am curious to how long you were a couple before getting married and having kids?

RedJohn
10-17-2011, 11:44 PM

I was sympathetic with you until this sentence :) Did you learn your lesson at least?? ;)

Moral of this story is ... don't get married?

That's what I did. No wife, no kids, but one hell of a life!

Sparrow
10-18-2011, 01:00 AM
I was sympathetic with you until this sentence :) Did you learn your lesson at least?? ;)

That's what I did. No wife, no kids, but one hell of a life!

Nah, I want a husband, trick is finding a GOOD one :)

bacpacker
10-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Tet your post makes me so happy I never had kids with my ex (insert slam here). Sorry to hear the crap continues. That not good for you or the kids.

ladyhk13
10-18-2011, 02:08 AM
People texting while driving
Kids screaming while I'm trying to eat Chinese in peace
Kids screaming anywhere in public
Parents who let those kids scream
Dogs barking all night long in the neighbor's yard
Lazy cashiers
Overcooked steak when I asked for it rare/med rare....knock off it's horns and wipe it's butt and put it on my plate - if it's too rare I can always have them throw it back on the grill
No sweet tea at McDonalds - over and over again
Lazy McDonald employees who wear their uniform pants around their knees

izzyscout21
10-18-2011, 12:39 PM
People that come onto a car lot with absolutely no intention of buying a car.

TEOTWAWKI13
10-18-2011, 01:32 PM
People that come onto a car lot with absolutely no intention of buying a car.

And the management staff who doesn't believe that ever happens because no one would ever do that. :)

TEOTWAWKI13
10-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Well, to answer your questions, I got remarried in Oct 08. I was with the ex 5 yrs before we got married, and was married to her for 5 yrs. We divorced in Feb 2006. The majority of this BS with her started once I found and got serious with my current wife. Oct 2008 was when she accused me of pushing my daughter. It took a while to figure out the whole gameplan, but her parents are funding her assault, and her dad (Mr I got a law degree, but didn't pass the bar exam) is living out his lawyer wet dream by trying to ruin me anyway they can. Problem is, I've got a pretty high IQ, and I remember something he said to me years and years ago, when he was trying to relay a business lesson to me, he said "once I know the rules their playing by, I can use their own rules to beat them at their own game." Well, I know what the rules of engagement are now, so it's game time. No one tries to take my kids away from me, by lying about me and smearing me around my home town to people I know, playing the victim when you're the one who created the issue to begin with.

mollypup
10-18-2011, 01:55 PM
It's so cool to me that guys will fight for their kids! My dad wanted nothing to do with us and I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I can't help but find it fascinating that kids are that important to a lot of fathers! It just helps me to feel better knowing that there are a lot of loving fathers out there! :D

TEOTWAWKI13
10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
It's so cool to me that guys will fight for their kids! My dad wanted nothing to do with us and I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but I can't help but find it fascinating that kids are that important to a lot of fathers! It just helps me to feel better knowing that there are a lot of loving fathers out there! :D

We're out there. And I don't mean to violate my own rule of "don't play the victim", but the truth is the system is set up to benefit mothers. I've been portrayed as a dead beat dad who doesn't pay his child support. The truth of it, I've always paid child support. I've been behind at one time a total of 2 payments. TWO PAYMENTS. Not consecutive either mind you. She always got some money. I'm a commissioned salesman. I'm now caught up, but not before the judge decided I owed her an additional $5000 in attorneys fees for being 2 payments behind on child support ($1000 total), and therefore I gave her no choice but to file the papers with the court. I pay 25% of my gross income ($5000 a month on average), yet my child support comes out of my bring home (after insurance and taxes $3500), so it leaves me with only 50% of my gross income to live off of, oh and did I mention I'm obligated to pay the kids health insurance too?

My kids are everything to me. So yeah, I'll fight my ass off for them. My kids are starting to realize, at 7 and 9 yrs old, that their mother is a bitch and really doesn't care that much for them, that she just tries to piss me off whenever she can. She's more concerned with her own life than with theirs. That she lies to them. My 9 yr old snuck a spoon out of the house that her mother used to smack her with, just so I can have it.

I'm $40k+ into this nonsense. I notified her on April 9 that we were moving to the Chattanooga area. On April 14 she filed modification of visitation and custody. Then once I got my job and she realized I was steadily employed, she filed for modification of child support (just to fish for my income to see if there was a reason for it.) She doesn't need my money, her mom and dad have their inheritance money they used to buy her a car, a house, and pay for all these legal fees. Why does she need an extra $50 a month? Oh, and the gem of it all, she filed a contempt charge against me for failing to give her my new address within 30 days of moving. I moved on May 6, notified her on April 9....she filed papers on April 14!!!! Do the math on that one. :)

This pet peeve just keeps on peeving, I suppose. :)

mitunnelrat
10-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Nah, I want a husband, trick is finding a GOOD one :)

This reminded me of another of my pet peeves, thanks! lol. Its my not so humble opinion that a good man is not the same as being a nice guy, and being a nice guy isn't even a requirement of being a good man. This isn't to say that a good man can't be or isn't nice, just that it isn't one of his descriptors. Good men are defined by their morals and principles, not the way they're perceived by others.

mollypup
10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
My pet peeve is that time seems to go by EXTREMELY fast when I'm on the computer! I can start at 8:00 in the morning and like one single second later it's almost 1:00 in the afternoon! YIKES!!!

Sparrow
10-18-2011, 08:32 PM
All I am going to say is this:

It seems to me that a lot of people these days, really have no ethics. We are in constant battle with each-other and couples cannot even see eye-to-eye about simple topics, and be strong as a couple even when the going is good and there are no hurdles to jump or serious challenges to overcome.

My question is: I wonder if couples would care for, love more, and be truer to each other ... after a SHTF scenario?

TEOTWAWKI13
10-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Ethics???

The Stig
10-18-2011, 11:17 PM
People who seem to think they own both their airline seat and part of yours.

I'm not a big guy but I have broad shoulders so I have to scrunch up to fit my arms into my personal area. Other people? Fuck no....they just flop all over like they own the entire aircraft.

I'm not above an elbow shoving match to reclaim territory.

Dropy
10-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Soccer moms and there cadillac SUVs they dont know how to drive.
People who dont know how to drive at all...
People who think they owed something for simply being born.
Racists. And any others who judge on looks alone.
Lazy people who wont work.

Being Judged by those who dont know it all first.

ladyhk13
10-19-2011, 05:08 AM
We're out there. And I don't mean to violate my own rule of "don't play the victim", but the truth is the system is set up to benefit mothers. I've been portrayed as a dead beat dad who doesn't pay his child support. The truth of it, I've always paid child support. I've been behind at one time a total of 2 payments. TWO PAYMENTS. Not consecutive either mind you. She always got some money. I'm a commissioned salesman. I'm now caught up, but not before the judge decided I owed her an additional $5000 in attorneys fees for being 2 payments behind on child support ($1000 total), and therefore I gave her no choice but to file the papers with the court. I pay 25% of my gross income ($5000 a month on average), yet my child support comes out of my bring home (after insurance and taxes $3500), so it leaves me with only 50% of my gross income to live off of, oh and did I mention I'm obligated to pay the kids health insurance too?

My kids are everything to me. So yeah, I'll fight my ass off for them. My kids are starting to realize, at 7 and 9 yrs old, that their mother is a bitch and really doesn't care that much for them, that she just tries to piss me off whenever she can. She's more concerned with her own life than with theirs. That she lies to them. My 9 yr old snuck a spoon out of the house that her mother used to smack her with, just so I can have it.

I'm $40k+ into this nonsense. I notified her on April 9 that we were moving to the Chattanooga area. On April 14 she filed modification of visitation and custody. Then once I got my job and she realized I was steadily employed, she filed for modification of child support (just to fish for my income to see if there was a reason for it.) She doesn't need my money, her mom and dad have their inheritance money they used to buy her a car, a house, and pay for all these legal fees. Why does she need an extra $50 a month? Oh, and the gem of it all, she filed a contempt charge against me for failing to give her my new address within 30 days of moving. I moved on May 6, notified her on April 9....she filed papers on April 14!!!! Do the math on that one. :)

This pet peeve just keeps on peeving, I suppose. :)

Boy do I wish I were your ex wife! LOL. My ex owes me over $50K (I think that qualifies as a dead beat), cancelled the court ordered health insurance one week after the divorce and no one did or even after all these years (youngest is now 21) has done a thing and I am still trying to fight and getting no where. The story is so long I couldn't even start here but I'll tell you that the courts are NOT always for the women....we get screwed plenty thank you very much.

RedJohn
10-19-2011, 10:39 AM
My question is: I wonder if couples would care for, love more, and be truer to each other ... after a SHTF scenario?

The people are like that now and I am sure that if survival is the key, a lot of them will realize that that was not love but lust and will go their own way. I have a very low faith in humanity at this time.

Sparrow
10-19-2011, 05:14 PM
The people are like that now and I am sure that if survival is the key, a lot of them will realize that that was not love but lust and will go their own way. I have a very low faith in humanity at this time.

:( Yeah, I can see myself feeling this way in 10 years, if I was 40, still unmarried ... and technically a spinster ... or cougar. Not sure which would be worse?

TEOTWAWKI13
10-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Boy do I wish I were your ex wife! LOL. My ex owes me over $50K (I think that qualifies as a dead beat), cancelled the court ordered health insurance one week after the divorce and no one did or even after all these years (youngest is now 21) has done a thing and I am still trying to fight and getting no where. The story is so long I couldn't even start here but I'll tell you that the courts are NOT always for the women....we get screwed plenty thank you very much.

I know there are real dead beats, and when I see one, I'm usually quick to give them a piece of my mind. I've got several female friends who deal with dead beat dads. I get it. My main issue lies with the system as a whole. There will always be exceptions to the rule. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Just venting my own frustrations. :)

ladyhk13
10-23-2011, 06:48 AM
I know there are real dead beats, and when I see one, I'm usually quick to give them a piece of my mind. I've got several female friends who deal with dead beat dads. I get it. My main issue lies with the system as a whole. There will always be exceptions to the rule. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Just venting my own frustrations. :)

No offense taken. Just try to remember the system isn't always for the women. I think it has more to do with who your lawyer is. My ex hired the golf partner of the judge. That went a long way. Mine was a wuss. Still trying to get the money out of him and he's been in the military for almost 20 years. Ya figure it would be pretty easy.

TEOTWAWKI13
10-25-2011, 08:18 PM
No offense taken. Just try to remember the system isn't always for the women. I think it has more to do with who your lawyer is. My ex hired the golf partner of the judge. That went a long way. Mine was a wuss. Still trying to get the money out of him and he's been in the military for almost 20 years. Ya figure it would be pretty easy.

If I said it was ALWAYS for the woman, I apologize. It's probably only about 80% for the woman. But that leaves a lot of disparity. I know there are true dead beat dads, and I'd like to give them all a swift kick in the babymaker for being one. My situation isn't too different from a million other men...and women too.

TEOTWAWKI13
10-25-2011, 08:18 PM
BUT I HAVE A NEW PET PEEVE!!!! One I think Stig will appreciate.....

It's a magazine, NOT A CLIP!!!!! Your 9mm doesn't have a 15 round clip. It has a magazine.... Jeez!

The Stig
10-25-2011, 08:31 PM
BUT I HAVE A NEW PET PEEVE!!!! One I think Stig will appreciate.....

It's a magazine, NOT A CLIP!!!!! Your 9mm doesn't have a 15 round clip. It has a magazine.... Jeez!

Could not agree more. I've taken to being "that guy" and correcting people. Don't care if they think I'm an ass, but that gets right smack under my skin too.

mongoose
10-26-2011, 11:06 AM
yuppie survivalists, and those whose BOBs are packed with the latest and greatest gear, still in the packages.

Sniper-T
10-26-2011, 12:20 PM
The freakin' "baby talk" and stupid freakin' misspellings people put onto pictures on the computer:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/ffswtmedic/funny.jpg

Not only are they an idiot for doing it... They are making their pets look like freakin' idiots too!

Grow up and learn to spell!

TEOTWAWKI13
10-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Two words:

skinny jeans

Sparrow
10-26-2011, 11:42 PM
Two words:

skinny jeans

Low riding jeans!

They just don't work on a real woman's hourglass figure!

Why look like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sALfLOR5URU/S41dvV6F7-I/AAAAAAAAAHk/VP1BENHIa-M/s200/muffin-top.jpg

When you can look like this?!?!?

http://coquette.blogs.com/coquette/images/marilyn_scarlett.jpg <these are like a pair I have: Liz Claiborn Audrey Hepburn jeans. High waist.

Stormfeather
10-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Low riding jeans!

They just don't work on a real woman's hourglass figure!

Why look like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sALfLOR5URU/S41dvV6F7-I/AAAAAAAAAHk/VP1BENHIa-M/s200/muffin-top.jpg

When you can look like this?!?!?

http://coquette.blogs.com/coquette/images/marilyn_scarlett.jpg <these are like a pair I have: Liz Claiborn Audrey Hepburn jeans. High waist.

Because I dont look good in low rise jeans. . . .two words. . . Plumbers Crack.

Sniper-T
10-27-2011, 02:23 PM
yup, that dang muffin-top!

*shudder*

I so miss those high waisted tight jeans of the 80's.

and tube tops...
I miss tube tops...

*sigh*

Sparrow
10-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Tube tops? Shish you are an old codger aren't you? :) JK

Sniper-T
10-27-2011, 03:05 PM
not really... grew up in a small town... pre-mtv. fashion was governed by comfort rather than celebrity nonsense... for the most part.

lol

Sparrow
10-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Because I dont look good in low rise jeans. . . .two words. . . Plumbers Crack.

I don't know what is worse, plumbers crack, tramp stamp, or when the thong is sticking up out of the pants ... - or all of the above? Ick.

In architecture, I told this girl that her red thong was stick out, she kept bending over, she just said: thanks. And continued her moon show. Was very classy. Ick.

Sparrow
10-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Butt implants (and boob jobs)

http://www.celebrityplasticsurgery.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lrg-2590-kardashian.jpg

Good luck with the maintenance on those things (which have to be replaced every 5-10 years), in a SHTF scenario.

Sniper-T
10-27-2011, 10:19 PM
...red thong was stick out, she kept bending over, she just said: thanks. And continued her moon show. Was very classy....

did you get her name and number?

lol

ETA butt implants... does anyone find them attractive??? Seriously?

Sparrow
10-28-2011, 12:12 AM
did you get her name and number?

lol

Now, what would your wife have to say about that?! :confused:

Sniper-T
10-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I just asked her... she rolled her eyes and gave me a twap on the back of the head.... again. lol

Oh, and she thinks the butt implants are gross too.

Stormfeather
10-28-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't know what is worse, plumbers crack, tramp stamp, or when the thong is sticking up out of the pants ... - or all of the above? Ick.

I hear ya there! I hate it when my thong sticks out of my pants showing off my plumbers crack and tramp stamp!:confused:

TEOTWAWKI13
10-28-2011, 06:42 PM
You know, it's a pet peeve when people call them 'tramp stamps'. How do you know they're a tramp? It's a tattoo, just above the butt. It's not really any different than having a tattoo on your arm or shoulder or upper back. It's just a tattoo. Unless you're a dude with a tattoo there, in which case it's a whole different pet peeve. :)

And I prefer black thongs to red ones. And NO muffin tops allowed. Quite frankly the lady in that "muffin top" pic wouldn't look good in much of anything made of denim. Perhaps a pair of sweatpants would be more apropriate. :)

Sorry, a bit grouchy today.

Grumpy Old Man
10-28-2011, 08:15 PM
i grew up in an era when only cons, bikers and squids had tattoos. Don't really care for them myself. When my daughter, the parole officer, showed me her new tat, my comment was "You'll fit right in at Canon City Women's Prison", which I thought was clever; her? Not so much so.

My latest peeve is drivers doing 10 mph less than the speed limit in the fast lane. Here in Kommiefornicastan the fast lane is for 20 mph over the speed limit. Also Kommiefornicastan is a pet peeve, and people who want something for nothing.

Sparrow
10-29-2011, 01:47 AM
Tramp stamp? Some funny dialogue there > Urban Dictionary: Tramp Stamp (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tramp%20Stamp)

mollypup
10-29-2011, 01:49 AM
Getting so close to winning at Bingo with a nice prize waiting.....and then it's ripped away from you by one stinking number!:mad: lol!

Sparrow
10-29-2011, 02:44 AM
Getting so close to winning at Bingo with a nice prize waiting.....and then it's ripped away from you by one stinking number!:mad: lol!

^^^ made me LOLz

TEOTWAWKI13
10-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Tramp stamp? Some funny dialogue there > Urban Dictionary: Tramp Stamp (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tramp%20Stamp)

Although these are often bias generalized claims, there have been sociological studies done by the American Psychological Association, Federal Bureau of Prisons, and other demographic researchers showing strong correlative evidence associating tattoos with high risk behavior, illegal substance abuse and sexual promiscuity

Now that's funny...cause the American Psychological Association and the Federal Bureau of Prisons rank as #1 and a close #2 in terms of tattoo research. :)

Gunfixr
10-30-2011, 05:10 AM
Interesting.
I see quite a few personal favorites here.

However< i can sum them up nicely. It seems that the population has taken quite a dive in the iq department lately.

What the fuck !!!!!!!!

Why did we work so hard for better education, equal rights, and all that other horseshit, just to waste it by wearing our pants down past our assholes, and talking like we caouldn't put 2 words together if out lives depended on it.

Really ????

Are you in pain ?????

Because to be that stupid must hurt !!!!!

Oh, well, drunken rant over.

I'll go to bed now.

But my pants are up.

Sparrow
10-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Interesting.
I see quite a few personal favorites here.

However< i can sum them up nicely. It seems that the population has taken quite a dive in the iq department lately.

What the fuck !!!!!!!!

Why did we work so hard for better education, equal rights, and all that other horseshit, just to waste it by wearing our pants down past our assholes, and talking like we caouldn't put 2 words together if out lives depended on it.

Really ????

Are you in pain ?????

Because to be that stupid must hurt !!!!!

Oh, well, drunken rant over.

I'll go to bed now.

But my pants are up.

+1

Dropy
10-30-2011, 02:27 PM
yup, that dang muffin-top!

*shudder*

I so miss those high waisted tight jeans of the 80's.

and tube tops...
I miss tube tops...

*sigh*

Ok sniper. Lets see some pics of you in your tube top.

Come on now, dont be shy.

:cool:

Sparrow
10-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Here is Sniper-T in his favorite tub top.

http://www.icanteachyouhowtodoit.com/nyfwddss10/slides/IMG_2380.JPG

:) I don't know, I don't mind a man in a tub top at all. LoLz

Sniper-T
10-30-2011, 03:01 PM
lol

Dropy
10-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Lol!!

mollypup
10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
O.k. Here's one for you. How about geezer men who wear their pants hiked up so far that they give themselves a case of camel-toe? Not a pretty sight imho lol!

Sniper-T
10-31-2011, 02:37 PM
^ YUP

and it's not just geezers...

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l148/kram_man/Myspace/HarryHighPants.jpg

Dropy
10-31-2011, 06:45 PM

This guy looks like a ticked off altarboy!

bacpacker
10-31-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't know, he looks rather gay to me.

Camel-toe is just wrong, don't matter which variety.

The Stig
11-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Wow......I think a gay-bomb went off and smeared this thread with the ghey.

Sniper-T
11-01-2011, 01:18 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d180/lovemesheyanne/masculine.jpg

Sparrow
11-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Tropic Thunder Quote: Man, everyone is gay once in a while!

TEOTWAWKI13
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM

In addition to this gayness, there's this...man capri's

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a180/mwizzleshizzle2/dEnMaRk/DSCF1471.jpg

Grumpy Old Man
11-01-2011, 06:07 PM
What has been seen cannot be unseen! I need eye bleach after seeing those two at the same time TEOTWAKI!

TEOTWAWKI13
11-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Here's another peeve...thin skinned people who read something in an email and assume you're being sarcastic about them. If you took it that way, it's on you, and you must feel guilty about something or have some sort of reason to feel that way. Not my problem.

Sniper-T
11-01-2011, 09:34 PM
What has been seen cannot be unseen! I need eye bleach after seeing those two at the same time TEOTWAKI!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/vaskidmark/eyebleach.jpg

Grumpy Old Man
11-01-2011, 10:06 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w186/vaskidmark/eyebleach.jpg

Thanks! I needed that;)

bacpacker
11-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Tropic Thunder Quote: Man, everyone is gay once in a while!

WRONG! That had to be some crap made up in Hollywierd. Just sayin :)

Sparrow
11-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Pet peeve. People who are anti-gay.

Picture: Gay Pride Mtl, I know half of those guys on that float! LOLzzz

http://doreyme.blogs.com/.a/6a00d834522b3e69e20120a4fbd608970b-500wi

Sniper-T
11-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Thanks! I needed that;)

np bud! I got your back!

mollypup
11-02-2011, 02:26 PM
OOOooooo!!! I'm saluting back!!! :D

Sparrow
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM
OOOooooo!!! I'm saluting back!!! :D

I am just kidding about knowing them, cute picture though! Reminds my of the movie the Birdcage.

But I have some gay friends, here is me and my gay friend, he is so much fun!

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7069/marcelandjen.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/marcelandjen.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

RedJohn
11-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Hmmm, I have been wanting to go to Canada for a while now! ;)

I am not talking of the guy of course.

Sniper-T
11-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I am just kidding about knowing them, cute picture though! Reminds my of the movie the Birdcage.

But I have some gay friends, here is me and my gay friend, he is so much fun!

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7069/marcelandjen.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/marcelandjen.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Are you this "huggy" with your female gay friends too...

:cool:

Sparrow
11-02-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't have any gay female friends. But if I did and they wanted to hug me, or needed a hug I would give them a hug. I think that people can have platonic relationships and love with just about anyone regardless of sex, or sexual preference.

But I am not sure why, people like to hug me, especially old ladies! One of the best feelings in the world is hugging an old granny lady - You know they love it! Have you hugged a granny today? :)

mollypup
11-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Gay guys are girls BEST friends!!!

RedJohn
11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
But I am not sure why, people like to hug me ...

If you're the cute blond on the picture, I know why.

TEOTWAWKI13
11-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Gay guys are girls BEST friends!!!

I thought that was diamonds?

Sparrow
11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I already got a diamond, what a waste of good money.

Dropy
11-03-2011, 02:25 AM
If you're the cute blond on the picture, I know why.

Agreed.

ladyhk13
11-03-2011, 02:40 AM

It's only a waste when it comes from the wrong guy.

Sniper-T
11-03-2011, 05:27 PM

sell it for preps

Sparrow
11-04-2011, 03:42 PM
sell it for preps

I would have to sell it privately. The thing was appraised in '02 for 9k ... almost 4k was paid for it originally. I doubt I could get more then 1k for it. Women want new rings from a store. It had a great function for 5 years, I would wear it when traveling and working - an engagement ring is a great way to keep icky men away!

But yeah, I am so not the diamond type ... I can support women who love them and cherish them as a symbol of love ... but for me it would just live in a box for it's life - I work with my hands!!!

Sniper-T
11-04-2011, 03:47 PM
You don't seem old enough for the cut of the diamond to be out of date... the style and mount of the ring perhaps...

you can take it to a respected jeweler, and get the rock appraised independant of the ring, and possibly sell it to him too. then you can drop a chunk of zirconia in there for your faux ring. or sell it off as metal.

Sparrow
11-04-2011, 03:58 PM
It would be nice to finally sell it ... I sure could use the cash! Thanks for the tip, I think I'll bring it to Mtl, this holiday season and see if I can liquidate it.

It is super pretty, not a ring that a 20 year old girl (me at the time) could refuse! LOL

ladyhk13
11-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I would have to sell it privately. The thing was appraised in '02 for 9k ... almost 4k was paid for it originally. I doubt I could get more then 1k for it. Women want new rings from a store. It had a great function for 5 years, I would wear it when traveling and working - an engagement ring is a great way to keep icky men away!

But yeah, I am so not the diamond type ... I can support women who love them and cherish them as a symbol of love ... but for me it would just live in a box for it's life - I work with my hands!!!

My 2 carat from the ex is sitting at the bottom of the Mississippi River. It felt better than going to the pawn shop who would have given me peanuts for it.

Sparrow
11-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Really? In a river? Wow!

I don't know why, but I thought I'd give it to my little princess (when I have her) to play with. When I was a little girl my mom would let me pick the stones out of her jewelry ... I thought it would be cute to have my little girl bang the ring around and loose it :)

I am going to try to sell it though, it is just something I forget I have.

Dropy
11-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Sell it, buy preps.

RedJohn
11-04-2011, 10:25 PM
My 2 carat from the ex is sitting at the bottom of the Mississippi River. It felt better than going to the pawn shop who would have given me peanuts for it.

If there is a next one, then throw it my way. I'll take the peanuts from the pawn shop. At least someone other than a fish will get the benefit from it. :)

Sparrow
11-05-2011, 02:04 AM
If there is a next one, then throw it my way. I'll take the peanuts from the pawn shop. At least someone other than a fish will get the benefit from it. :)

I totally understand throwing it away, especially in water. It is about cleansing and being free from the feelings associated with the ring and the love it represented which is no longer there. It must of felt freeing and liberating to get rid of it in that manner. Much, MUCH better then the feeling of bringing it into a pawn shop for some Mc Sleazy to give you a icky smirk and offer payment even lower then the original taxes paid on the ring. Which is a total insult to the woman and everything the ring stood for. Who would do that for a few hundred? Not me.

RedJohn
11-05-2011, 02:32 AM
Who would do that for a few hundred? Not me.

I have done a lot worse for a few hundred dollars. ;)

ladyhk13
11-05-2011, 02:52 AM

Sorry RJ, won't be a next time...I'm finally with the love of my life. I said when I was 12 that I was gonna marry that boy some day, dated in high school then ran off and joined the Army (me)...took 30 years but we finally zigged instead of zagged and we are now together 24/7/365 and wouldn't have it any other way.

Gunfixr
11-05-2011, 05:29 AM
I got a new pet peeve.
The cheap, worthless, spineless, cocksucking cum dumpster who broke into our house today while we were at work.
This little shiteating weasel cleaned out my wife's jewelry, took both our wedding rings, her 10th anniversary ring and engagement ring. Took what little jewelry I had, which was from the family. Took the only 2 guns that weren't in the safe, as well as the wife's laptop.
He even sat at the desktop and ate the Halloween candy, the bastard.
Now, I gotta miss a day of work to clean up this mess and fix the window he busted out so he could slither in. I'm probably supporting this scumbag on welfare.
The police were here for over 5hrs taking evidence. I hope they catch this fucker, and he gets ass-raped everyday in jail until his asshole falls out and he gets a plastic rectum implanted. And then he gets herpes to go with it.
I hope just the sound of a shower starting makes him cringe in the corner crying like a little bitch.

I guess everyone can tell I'm a bit miffed, to say the least.

ladyhk13
11-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Gunfixr I am so sorry! I can feel what our wife and you are going through...I had a home broken into many years ago too and at first I was terrified when I saw the front door broken off of it's hinges and everything in the house thrown on the floor and so many things gone. Then I got mad. The police never found out who did it but I hope they track down the guy who did this to you. I hope also that your wife will come to feel safe once again in the house. That was a biggie for me, my safety was gone. Make sure you go around to all the pawn shops and let them know what you had taken because more than likely the guy will try to sell them at some point. The police will do what they can but let's face it, most of them are overworked and have higher priorities like murders so sometimes it is in your best interest to do some of the legwork yourself.
Take care and again I'm so sorry.

Gunfixr
11-05-2011, 06:01 AM
I do appreciate it, I'm pretty sure it's not your fault.
Yes, she's not feeling too safe at the moment. Of course, tonight we're sleeping next to an impromptu boarded up bedroom window.
Someone went through her car a week and a half ago, and now this. Overnight while we slept.
So much for a safe neighborhood.

ladyhk13
11-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Have there been other break ins in your neighborhood lately or do you think you have been targeted? I wonder if someone found out about your preps and decided to see what you had for them to take? Never know what people leave in their cars and of course their houses. I wish you well and can only be here for moral support.

mollypup
11-05-2011, 04:24 PM
What a sh*tty thing to have happen Gunfixr! I am so sorry you and your wife have to deal with this and the emotional aftermath. The little Sh*t sat there and ate halloween candy to boot?!!:mad: I am always thinking about ways I can further make our house difficult to break into. We have an alarm system, but I don't rely on that at all. I'm constantly working on ways to improve security around here.

I hope they catch the little sh*t and you get the pleasure of watching him go to jail! No vaseline for him either!!!

bacpacker
11-06-2011, 01:43 AM
I have NO use for a damn thief! We got broke into several times growing up, once before the house was finished so we could move in. Stole our DOORS!
This is one HUGE area I am in agreement with the muslim's. Cut their hand off. Next time, there's 2. They won't be stealing nothing else.

izzyscout21
11-07-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm starting to lose count on the number of ties I've been either broken into or stolen from. It all happens when I'm away or asleep. Curse my heavy sleeping!

I swear, seriously, next person, If I catch them, ooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Sniper-T
11-07-2011, 03:12 PM
... If I catch them, ooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/CNFinnell1/kisser.jpg

izzyscout21
11-07-2011, 06:13 PM
more like this............

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx288/2crgrunt/YourAttention_display.jpg

TEOTWAWKI13
11-07-2011, 06:18 PM
I remember one time we got robbed as a kid, the dude did it in broad daylight. Mom felt sure she saw someone watching the house from a house up the street that was at an angle to see, he broke into the house via a basement window, went straight to mom's jewelry box (hidden in a drawer), went to my brother's piggy bank (had $500 in it and was hidden at the top of his closet), and stole some other small items. Real clean, no damage to anything. Went out our basement door, and a neighbor drove by as he was walking out of the door, stopped and stared at him, and then drove home and called my mom, gave the description to the cops....

Mom was terrified....cops never caught anybody. I was about 13 yrs old I guess.

Gunfixr
11-19-2011, 04:01 AM
I got another one.
Idiots who own guns and somehow think they know how to work on them.
Today was somewhat eventful.
Pretty regularly I see guns that have been "fixed", and then need repaired. In fact, I tell Richard (store owner) that the worst thing on a gun is its owner. Took him awhile, but now he agrees. I think car mechanics say the same thing about cars, if half of what my friend the mechanic tells me is true.
Anyway, I get guns pretty often that simply won't function properly, and it's because the last time they were cleaned was when they were assembled new, which was anywhere from 30-50yrs ago. Most people would probably be amazed at how much dirt and debris will fit inside a semiauto shotgun and it still work.
So I get this old Savage, it's their version of the Auto-5, the ticket says "clean, check function". So, I strip it down and clean it, and give it a cursory once-over as I lube and assemble it. It's not as dirty as some, but pretty dry, except for the hardened grease.
I go out back to test fire it, gonna try 3rds of low brass, and 3rds of high brass. The 3rds of low brass go without a problem. I get the high brass rounds in and bull the bolt back, and when I let it go, it doesn't go forward. So I roll the gun over, so I can see into the ejection port, and I'm working on the handle, pulling back a bit and letting go. My left hand is loosely around the barrel and forearm, holding it just tightly enough not to move it while I operate the handle. The safety is on, since I'm loading it. So after it doesn't go forward on its own a couple times, I give it a little forward push. It goes forward, fires all the rounds out in one burst, and I'm standing there empty handed, wondering what in the hell just happened. After checking that I have all my fingers (and thumbs), and looking as well as I can to see I'm not gut-shot, I look around for the gun, and it's about 8ft away behind me, laying on the grass.
I go back up to the shop, and take my coat off and have someone check me over for holes and blood. I'm ok. The gun fired upon closing, and continued firing until empty, being ejected from my hands and away, and yet somehow I acquired no damage whatsoever.
I think I used up all of the luck I had for today, and maybe tomorrow as well.
Upon closer inspection, the hammer hook for the sear has been filed upon, and the sear spring modified to have less tension.
This idiot "fixed" his gun until it went full auto, and then brought it in to be repaired without saying anything about what exactly was wrong with it, and I damn near got killed because of it.
I'm not for "gun control", but stupid people shouldn't have guns.
The hard part was going back out for another test fire after having fixed the problem, or at least so I thought when I tested it.
Yes, it was fixed, but dropping the bolt was a bit apprehensive.

TroubleShooter
11-19-2011, 03:49 PM
I got another one.

Been there.....That pic I posted of the little .22, when I purchased it, he said it had a sweet trigger, he done himself......He was right , I bet it measured in ounces. After about 20 rounds , it started emptying mags.. I put a new trigger assembly in.
That is one of my peeves, Why screw with the trigger, improve your technique .....I have a Rem 700 shamrocking 3-4 shot groups at 200 yards.....They tell me if I lighten the factory trigger it will shoot better.....:rolleyes:

The Stig
11-19-2011, 04:20 PM
I got another one.

As much as I love to tinker with my guns, I can't agree with you more. I play around with all the cosmetic stuff but never touch the trigger mechanism short of changing one OEM connector for another. Even then I'm reluctant to do it.

I don't understand these folks doing $.25 trigger jobs and all sorts of WECSOG type work. As Troubleshooter said, improve your technique not rely on jury-rigged engineering to compensate.

Gunfixr
11-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Why can't these people just man up and admit they cannot work on guns ??
I'm sure there is something they are good at, so who cares. I got a good friend who is a mechanic. He does all my vehicle work, at the shop where he works, and I pay the bill. Why? Because I work on guns, not cars.Sure, I can do some things on vehicles, but they are not my strong suit. So I pay the professional to do it. Just like calling the plumber. I can do some plumbing, and I'm not bad at it, but I live in a 70yr old house. Most projects turn from minor into major when you start tearing into old plumbing. I call the pros, they have all the right tools, and do it all the time.
There's nothing shameful about admitting you're not good at something, as we're all good at something, but not the same things.
Most of these people will deny doing anything, when I have seen the evidence that they did.
Fucking pisses me off.
Ok, take another drink, stop ranting.

izzyscout21
11-20-2011, 03:41 AM
rotflmao