PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday Preppers (revisited)

ElevenBravo
08-23-2015, 06:44 PM
Yup, good old Doomsday Preppers... I watched all 3 seasons about a year or two ago.

So last night I was looking for some comic relief and started watching it again.

Again, THESE are the best that they cold dig up? I really hope Im not representative of that group, because there idiots! Its almost as if they
picked the most ignorant and inbreed folks they could to sabotage the prepper movement by making "us" look bad! HA HA!

OPSEC is one thing, but on the flip side.. I dont share my prep mentality because of this show! "Oh, your one of those guys too..."
NOPE! I have a brain, can think freely and live a normal life all the while I prep and plan.

I will give credit, there are 1 or 2 in the whole 3 season that seam to "have it together". But the prepping for ONE major event thing
has really got me reaching for a cold beer and hot popcorn...

EB

helomech
08-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Those shows are very scripted. The producers cut and splice videos to make them look a certain way.

bacpacker
08-23-2015, 07:10 PM
I watched just to try and get an idea or two from. Mission accomplished.

ElevenBravo
08-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Scripted & fake reality TV... Murica 2.0, gotta love it!

2die4
08-24-2015, 04:24 AM
The first season seemed really to focus on hey Normal Americans preparing for "just in case" As the seasons progressed it has gotten stupider and stupider. Now it's just for entertainment purposes only.

Kesephist
08-24-2015, 07:22 PM
This is the media bloc that thinks Michael Moore is valid. The prep mentality is the glitterati antithesis. Was it truly considered, even briefly, that after the first season, anything like fair play or full shrift was to be given?