PDA

View Full Version : My actual EDC

RedJohn
09-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Where I live, right now, I am pretty limited in what I can carry. Of course, I am not following the letter of the law and got into troubles a couple of times with confiscation of a couple items.

My left jean pocket contains my change, of course, and the back right my wallet. In the back left one, I carry a small phone with a free monthly charge. It allows me 2 hours of connection per month, but it is only there if I loose or brake the main one. In my font right pocket, I have a space pen, a police whistle and a Gerber combat folding knife. I also carry a small asp in my belt.

In my car, there is a baseball bat, and a minimum of 3 1.5 litters water bottles. It is very limited, because I seldom use my car.

Of course, I would love to carry a weapon, at least my SW Bodyguard .380, but I cannot do this here.

What about everybody else?

izzyscout21
09-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Depending on what I'm doing, I have a minimum loadout of my flashlight, swiss army knife, and Sig 938 with extra mag.

If I actually leave the house, my EDC changes considerably. Normally, I add a Glock 17, 2 extra mags, SOG or Benchmade folder, and a multitool.

AlphaTea
09-02-2015, 04:51 PM
My EDC varies with weather and where I might go during my day
Choice or combo of G26, G27, G29sf, G30sf, G42 or SR1911 and xtra mag(s) in a M-TAC
Smart Phone, keys, mini Bic lighter, BSA ferro rod, Leatherman and Surefire G2 in a Ripoff holster, Firefly II, Photon II microlight, $100 cash, $2.50 change, a comb, wallet, CRKT M16-10, Victorinox Executive, pill bottle, eyedrops, small purell, pen

helomech
09-02-2015, 05:52 PM
My everyday carry is way lighter than most I guess. I carry a Kahr CW40 and a kershaw knife.

bacpacker
09-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Wallet with some extra cash stashed. Keys, either my Kershaw Leek or a Boker folder, Surefire G-2 or Olympia RG-260 flashlight, Bic or a Bic mini lighter, Galaxy S5 phone, zebra F-701 pen, Small pocket Rite in the rain notebook, bandana, Casio G-Shock solar powered watch, and safety sunglasses if outside. That's pretty much it for my work EDC. Firearms are banned from the site.

Otherwise add in either a Sig RS290, or Glock26 and a spare mag.

I also keep around 5 liters of water in a cooler in my daily driver, along with a GHB, extra knives and bandanas, gloves, and toboggan.

helomech
09-02-2015, 07:49 PM
Now when I drive to work I carry quite a bit. My SKS with about 500 rounds of ammo, sig 229, kahr 40, highpoint C-9, kershaw knife, all my karate weapons ( sai, nunchukas, bo, comas, tonfas) lots of water, extra mags and ammo for each pistol, compass, fire starter. Depending on weather blankets, hand held GPS, 2 stream light flashlights, food.

ak474u
09-03-2015, 02:13 AM
I drive a company vehicle that the insurance company forbids weapons in, (my boss doesn't care, but the insurance co does) I carry my full GHB minus my G19 and 5 spare mags. On body, I carry an M&P knife, wallet, 2 iPhones, asp pepper spray. In vehicle, I have water, SOG fast hawk, a 4 foot oak 2inch dowel that I use for "reaching stuff" at work, or at least that's my story.

realist
09-04-2015, 03:01 PM
My EDC changes a lot to but my base is a folding knife CRKT M-16 or similar, The Wilderness money belt with $250. Wallet with extra cash, usually $250, cellphone, keys which have P-51. I generally carry a M&P Shield or a full-size M&P all in 9mm.

In my truck I have a locking toolbox which I carry all my GHB equipment. I carry everything I need to get me through whatever I have thought of, however I was driving home from a trip with the family recently and decided I will be adding some sort of folding cart. A cart will allow me to carry everything from the truck I need.

Kesephist
09-04-2015, 03:19 PM
I'm minded of a story of Pecos Bill, when he went to lasso a tornado to ride. Apparantly, before he jumped off of Widow Maker to mount the cyclone, he checked that he had his sixgun, a bowie knife, and a 20 dollar gold piece stowed. "Well, when I land, wherever that is, if I'm alive, if I got these, I'll be alright."

2die4
09-16-2015, 03:20 AM
Generally out of work It's my Note 4, wallet, my Distinguished Gentleman patch, pocket knife, cree pocket flashlight, holster and Glock 36. Haven't found a good belt yet that will allow me to do a mag holster with an extra mag.

Medkit, anitbacterial wipes, shemagh, extra shirt, socks, in the edc bag.

GHB bag has a few bottles of water, 2 mres, natches, multitool, rope,whistle, emergency foil blankets, purification tabs,tarp, canteen and metal cup, another magazine for the Glock.

When winter comes, I keep an additional container with a pair of broken in boots, extra socks, gloves, shirt, beanie, hoodie, and a surplus mil wool blanket.

Domeguy
09-16-2015, 12:39 PM
I seldom leave the house most days, but when I do, on my key chain is a folding knife and flashlight. In the truck is a fannypack with all kinds of items such as SS cup and lid, fishing supplies, medical, extra food, fire making supplies, loaded mags, 3 oz silver, etc. In my wallet I keep a Credit card folding knife and extra money, and in the truck is the G26 and 3 1.5 liters bottles of water.

Onestep
09-23-2015, 03:42 PM
My EDC is consists of a money clip with ID's & sufficient cash for emergencies, Benchmade Mini Griptillion, Ruger LCP .380 in pocket holster and a trusty Timex with a Survival Strap band.
The vehicle has additional backup plus GHB, water and additional garments depending on the weather.

Fidel MD
09-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Where I live, right now, I am pretty limited in what I can carry. Of course, I am not following the letter of the law and got into troubles a couple of times with confiscation of a couple items.

My left jean pocket contains my change, of course, and the back right my wallet. In the back left one, I carry a small phone with a free monthly charge. It allows me 2 hours of connection per month, but it is only there if I loose or brake the main one. In my font right pocket, I have a space pen, a police whistle and a Gerber combat folding knife. I also carry a small asp in my belt.

In my car, there is a baseball bat, and a minimum of 3 1.5 litters water bottles. It is very limited, because I seldom use my car.

Of course, I would love to carry a weapon, at least my SW Bodyguard .380, but I cannot do this here.

What about everybody else?

If you carry a baseball bat, carry a glove and ball as well....your defense attorney will appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

I carry a wallet, keychain with squeezelight and Leatherman micra, a folding lockblade (usually a benchmade), and typically a Surefire E2D LED and Glock 30, with 2 spare G30 mags.

I have lots more in my truck, of course. I carry a full size multitool (Leatherman Wave) and another flashlight in my briefcase, which typically has a water bottle as well.

But then I work in a Trauma Center.

RedJohn
09-24-2015, 05:49 PM
If you carry a baseball bat, carry a glove and ball as well....your defense attorney will appreciate it.
Actually, this is a very good suggestion. Thanks for the tip.

bacpacker
09-24-2015, 11:58 PM
Excellent tip

realist
10-02-2015, 06:30 PM
One of my EDC things is a bag which goes with me wherever I go. It is about the size of a medium size cloth tool bag. It is an LAPG bailout bag tan in color. I wanted something which would blend in as much as possible. It is small enough that my wife allows me to carry it when we take her car. Now here is my problem. I have carried this bag everyday for the past seven years. A few days ago I went to pick it up and the handle ripped off one side. So now I am in search of a new bag. I think what caused it to degrade was the heat of the car. I will be replacing it with the same type bag. It just hits home to routinely check your equipment for serviceability.

In it I carry the following:
two bottles water
$100 cash small bills/$5 in quarters
Phone charger wall and car
note pad and paper
Glock 19, 7 mags, G-Code holster and double mag pouch
Multi tool
small first aid kit
Head lamp
Gloves
power bars and granola bars
folding knife
Sharpies / pens and notepads
Surefire light
surefire battery container with 6 CR123 batteries and a replacement lens
four AA batteries in heat sealed pouch

Sniper-T
11-06-2015, 12:59 PM
I really like the bat/ball idea. Be awesome to have sitting by the door as well. "I guess the damn kids left it there, officer"

My EDC is pretty basic...

right front pocket:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/multiplicity/1106150740a_zpslrtw74gk.jpg (http://s605.photobucket.com/user/Sniper-T/media/multiplicity/1106150740a_zpslrtw74gk.jpg.html)

left front pocket:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/multiplicity/0909141729c_zpsnw28aqhd.jpg (http://s605.photobucket.com/user/Sniper-T/media/multiplicity/0909141729c_zpsnw28aqhd.jpg.html)

lol. just kidding

left front:

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt140/Sniper-T/multiplicity/0914151233a_zpstxy0skwk.jpg (http://s605.photobucket.com/user/Sniper-T/media/multiplicity/0914151233a_zpstxy0skwk.jpg.html)

wallet in side pocket (cargo pants), sunglasses in shirt collar.

Too much in the truck to list.

Kesephist
11-06-2015, 06:32 PM
I seldom leave the house most days, but when I do, on my key chain is a folding knife and flashlight. In the truck is a fannypack with all kinds of items such as SS cup and lid, fishing supplies, medical, extra food, fire making supplies, loaded mags, 3 oz silver, etc. In my wallet I keep a Credit card folding knife and extra money, and in the truck is the G26 and 3 1.5 liters bottles of water.

A recommendation: the 3 oz of silver... preferably a 1 oz, 2 .5 oz and 4 .25 oz. preferably with the ounce and 2 .25s in a pants pocket and the rest in the belt pack.

T70
03-14-2016, 11:00 PM
I love these kinds of threads. Mine is pretty light off duty. I normally carry a small Case XX pocketknife with a carbon steel blade, my wallet, and a Bersa Thunder 380. If I'm hunting, fishing, or in the woods I add a lighter and a small flashlight. Everything else is in my hunting bag.

At work I carry a Glock 22 on my hip, a Bersa 380 in an ankle holster, the same small pocketknife, a KaBar Bk11 on my belt behind my mag pouches, a lighter and a Surefire Flashlight and all the other normal duty belt stuff, pepper spray, Taser, etc. A Bushmaster AR15 and Benelli Nova 12 ga are in my vehicle along with a bunch of other gadgets.

Domeguy
03-15-2016, 01:40 AM
A recommendation: the 3 oz of silver... preferably a 1 oz, 2 .5 oz and 4 .25 oz. preferably with the ounce and 2 .25s in a pants pocket and the rest in the belt pack.

Somehow, silver slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder.

jamesneuen
03-15-2016, 11:08 PM
I always buy the silver in either scrap or ingots. I don't put much stock in any of that except as an investment.

If things really go south I doubt a hunk of metal will be worth anything unless it spits lead.

Domeguy
03-16-2016, 03:10 AM
James, what do you mean by ingots? Do you mean the 1 ounce bars, or did you find a buried pirate treasure chest down there in Florida? I forgot to but my 3 oz. silver bars back into my kit.

Sniper-T
03-16-2016, 11:53 AM
I found a pic of James inventorying his ingots...

http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2012/01/11/215530-silver-ingots.jpg

I could only find a pic of his scrap silver pile:

http://www.bullionstreet.com/uploads/news/2011/12/1323861235.jpg

I can't find the one where he is pretending to be Scrooge McDuck and flolicking pantless in it. (probably a good thing!)

https://cnnmoneybuzzblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/scrooge-mcduck-blog.jpg?w=614&h=400

*shudder*

:)

jamesneuen
03-16-2016, 05:02 PM
lol, no I mean the 3 oz. and 1oz. bars. An ingot just describes a shape to me, my mistake. and the junk silver is usually coins though I do have some junk silver chains from jewelry at garage sales.

On the other hand I have been pantless as I inventory them...... no it did not directly have a linked reason. lol.

Mike Ehrmantraut
12-07-2020, 10:34 PM
Bersa BP9cc with 2 extra mags (OWB) and my "Murse", as the wifey-poo calls it. It's Nicgid Cross-Chest Sling Bag I've been carrying around for quite some time. In it is my wallet, phone, keys, bandana, S&W tactical pen and water-proof note pad. A Leathermen Micra mini multi-tool, One of those PTR Multi-tool cards. Fine Sharpie, nail clipper & chap-stick. S&W Delta Force CS 175 flashlight. Gerber Suspension multi-tool. Elk Ridge ER-A003 folding knife (great knife at a GREAT price!) A little-bitty Boo-boo kit. Bic lighter, USB cable and a Benfiss 20,000mAh solar charger power bank. Did I mention the "Monkey Fist" key chain?