PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment

robsdak
09-28-2015, 02:47 AM
guys, if this is in bad form or taste. please DELETE. more humorous than on topic.....

a little background is in order...

i have a neighbor that likes to drink and talk about the bible. the more he drinks, the more he knows... anyway, he has been talking about the Blood Moon for a month and what it's meaning and the surrounding effects are going to be. yes, it was neat to see the last Lunar Eclipse in my lifetime, but i have to say it was BORING!

he has sent me all kinds of youtube videos to watch and articles too read on the subject and has asked my opinion. it was as follows... 'any IDIOT can stand on a soapbox and attract a crowd to listen to what is being said.' i feel disappointment. i was/am prepared for NADA. it was like my birthday or New Years Eve, well without all the fireworks.

is the world ending where your at? need/want company? LMAO!

Sniper-T
09-28-2015, 07:31 AM
kicked back with some friends and watched the moon... rose as expected, eclipsed as expected, coloured as expected, and I went to bed after. no worries!

realist
09-28-2015, 02:46 PM
I sat out in the hot tube with the wife and had a cocktail. The moon came up and I went to bed. When I got up this morning we are still here.

Fidel MD
09-28-2015, 03:03 PM
LOL, we were all set to watch it, we started to see the occlusion and some clouds came in.....

Foiled again!

ak474u
09-28-2015, 11:24 PM
All we saw was a red halo thru the light cloud cover. Poked my head out once in a while to listen for screams, sirens and gunfire. No more than usual.

ElevenBravo
09-28-2015, 11:26 PM
Your neighbor... WTF.

Though, I cant throw rocks too hard, I tend to get smarter the further I get into the bottle too!!

;-)

EB

bacpacker
09-29-2015, 12:23 AM
Total cloud cover. Nothing to see here...moving along.

Fidel MD
09-29-2015, 01:09 AM
What about the End Days?

I was expecting an earth-shattering KABOOM!

Domeguy
09-29-2015, 01:15 AM
I must have had my head in the sand, as I didn't hear about it until 2 days before, and I didn't hear any dooms day prediction reports about it. It was a total bust due to cloud cover, so I guess I will get a reprieve, and get to live another day, or 2, or 3, or 4, ... I never was one to believe in others BS.

jamesneuen
09-29-2015, 01:59 AM
Boy, I always miss the end of world predictions. I never get any proper time to panic. Can we make a sticky where we can post upcoming apocalypse dates?

robsdak
09-29-2015, 02:31 AM
really? maybe i should invite him here and let him post some of the BULLSHIT that comes out of his mouth... but, then again, i don't want to ruin this place. i like it the way it is.

i took his 'predictions' as i take all the others... like the 2YK thing, 2012, aliens and whatever i can't think of at this moment, as just that. CRAP! LOL it's fun to just sit and listen to him spout off about it. as you guys know, i lead a very boring life. LOL

realist
09-29-2015, 03:26 AM
Okay I have to admit I was watching TV initially and they showed it starting. When I went out to look everything was dark and I thought it all came to an end then my wife turned on a light. Aside from being hidden a little behind my redwood tree while I was in the hot tub it went ok. I would of watched it more but I got cold and my drink was getting warm so I had to get back in the tub. That's all I remember until I stubbed my toe going up the stairs. Then again I have been drinking again tonight so maybe..................oh never mind........

ak474u
09-29-2015, 06:13 AM
The local news station is asking people to share their photos of the super moon on their Facebook. the thought crossed my mind about whether or not I should share a photo of a "super moon" with them. Lol

Fidel MD
09-29-2015, 10:03 AM
Boy, I always miss the end of world predictions. I never get any proper time to panic. Can we make a sticky where we can post upcoming apocalypse dates?

I think we need a separate forum just for end of the world predictions - with the date clearly indicated and those who believe can sign in.

It'll be funny, right up to the la

izzyscout21
09-29-2015, 05:25 PM
Super disappointed the world wasn't ending. I really wanted to jock up in full kit and show the rest of the world how prepared I was for the end.

robsdak
09-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Your neighbor... WTF.

Though, I cant throw rocks too hard, I tend to get smarter the further I get into the bottle too!!

;-)

EB

al least you have some sense about you. : ) him, well, if it isn't related to Busch LITE (can't even drink real BEER!), NASCAR, talking about NASCAR, ignoring his 15 yr. old son. (that's why i bought a bow), bitching about the EX Wife and giving her money or going to work. he is talking about the religious "End O the World" and what too look for. so far he is like the TV preachers 10/0

I think we need a separate forum just for end of the world predictions - with the date clearly indicated and those who believe can sign in.

It'll be funny, right up to the la

let's not give the fellas more work for nothing. i don't really think anyone of us here would sign in. LOL

Super disappointed the world wasn't ending. I really wanted to jock up in full kit and show the rest of the world how prepared I was for the end.

THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!! someone that thought like i was. not that i really want all this PARADISE around me too end, just want to shoot a few things, cook on my outdoor stove, sleep in my shelter, use my fire-starting skills, my outdoor skills, trap a rabbit, eat freeze dried food. shit, wait... i am describing camping, right? damn it, i'll be back in a week or so. ROTFLMAO!

eagle326
09-29-2015, 09:21 PM
I know how you guys feel. I like to sit on side porch like the second hand lion I've become with an Evan Williams and one of my lead throwing friends and wait for evil or stupid to show up. But so far the only thing I see is an empty bottle and unfulfilled dreams.
But hey if I live long enough I'm sure my lucky day is coming.

izzyscout21
09-29-2015, 10:50 PM
THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!! someone that thought like i was. not that i really want all this PARADISE around me too end, just want to shoot a few things, cook on my outdoor stove, sleep in my shelter, use my fire-starting skills, my outdoor skills, trap a rabbit, eat freeze dried food. shit, wait... i am describing camping, right? damn it, i'll be back in a week or so. ROTFLMAO!

I know, right? I mean, all serious-like, it's gonna be a shindig for me and all my bubba buddies. Just like a big campin trip I say. We can hand out and drink beeraround the campfire whilst our wimmenz wash our deer camo.

Gunfixr
09-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Nice.

Rainy all week here, nothing to see.
Saw some hint through the clouds on our way to the Tavern for a late dinner.
Wife said I had to take her to dinner if I bought the gun I was drooling over.
Considering the price of the gun, even dinner at the Tavern was a good trade.

realist
09-30-2015, 03:20 PM
The local news station is asking people to share their photos of the super moon on their Facebook. the thought crossed my mind about whether or not I should share a photo of a "super moon" with them. Lol

You should only if you can crack a smile at the same time.

Funfixr

Now if it did come to an end and you could not see it then it could have happened right.....

izzyscout21
09-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Wife said I had to take her to dinner if I bought the gun I was drooling over.
Considering the price of the gun, even dinner at the Tavern was a good trade.

I wish I could get by with that.

robsdak
10-01-2015, 01:03 AM

you can, be like me and ditch the wife... LOL well a little clarification is in order... i never had nor needed a wife. always had bad luck in picking them, i like type A, they play type A, until they get comfortable and turn into type B. now, being a grown up that i am i saw through all the BS pretty quick and they were asked politely to pack their trash and go. iff'n i wanted to spend $2100 on a Bushmaster AR15 or $1400 on a Springfield Armory TRP Operator, i wasn't taking any lip.

disclaimer...... sorry ladies, not disrespect mean't.

Gunfixr
10-01-2015, 01:28 AM
Well, there are a few special factors at work, most likely.
I've wanted this since I was around 8 or 10 yrs old, and she knows I've wanted one at least the 25yrs we've been together. They are also rare. This is the first time I've actually been able to buy one, as in pay for it. She also knows it's been a real bitchin' year, what with my dad's cancer and passing, and my sister's drama piled on top.

It took a long time, but she finally realized guns were like an investment, there are far worse things to spend money on. I've really slowed down on buying, and had been selling lately.

I couldn't get by with it all the time. I did this time.

Even she agreed it's a cool gun, she wants to shoot it once, then decide if she will ever shoot it again.

ak474u
10-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Well, there are a few special factors at work, most likely.
I've wanted this since I was around 8 or 10 yrs old, and she knows I've wanted one at least the 25yrs we've been together. They are also rare. This is the first time I've actually been able to buy one, as in pay for it. She also knows it's been a real bitchin' year, what with my dad's cancer and passing, and my sister's drama piled on top.

It took a long time, but she finally realized guns were like an investment, there are far worse things to spend money on. I've really slowed down on buying, and had been selling lately.

I couldn't get by with it all the time. I did this time.

Even she agreed it's a cool gun, she wants to shoot it once, then decide if she will ever shoot it again.

So are you gonna leave us hangin on what kind of gun? Lol. On that note, a customer of mine showed me his 1907 .380 that I would say is a 95% condition. First one I've seen since I was a kid. It was pretty advanced being a striker fired gun in 1907.

Gunfixr
10-01-2015, 02:35 AM
Lol.
I figured someone would ask, sooner or later.

The gun is a tde north Hollywood manufactured (second run, after auto mag Corp went bankrupt) model 180 automag pistol, Cal 44 amp.

ak474u
10-01-2015, 02:56 AM
I saw a Pasadena 180 for like 5 grand once. Always wanted to shoot one.

Gunfixr
10-01-2015, 03:05 AM
I await the arrival of dies, brass, and bullets.
You come down this way, I can fix that problem.

realist
10-01-2015, 04:24 AM
I learn something new from you guys all the time. I never had heard of a Pasadena 180 until now. I know what an auto mag is but had never heard it called by that. Don't know how much you paid but Cabala's has one for sale $3,999.00 Such a deal its under 4 grand.

Can't you make ammo from cut off 308 brass?

ak474u
10-01-2015, 12:01 PM
I learn something new from you guys all the time. I never had heard of a Pasadena 180 until now. I know what an auto mag is but had never heard it called by that. Don't know how much you paid but Cabala's has one for sale $3,999.00 Such a deal its under 4 grand.

Can't you make ammo from cut off 308 brass?

They call them a Pasadena model because of where they were made, which also usually indicates where in the timeline of the different evolutions of the AMT products it was made, and how valuable it is to a collector.

Gunfixr
10-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Yeah, there are something like 11 names attached to the gun over the years, as it was made by different people and places. The guns were often sold at an extreme loss, several went bankrupt. Several were custom makers, making both original types, as well as customs with many variables. Purists don't see these customs as originals.

Yes, you can cut down 308, 30-06, or even 270 brass, but then it has to be inside reamed. Why buy all that tooling when starline makes brass? Only going to get a few hundred anyway, it's not going to be my edc.

This one was under $2500, and came with two mags.

I actually started an automag from scratch build several years ago. I have a barrel blank, upper blank, bolt blank, and lower blank, but have been stalled by time and funds since. I had acquired two unfinished mag bodies and Springs. I will make floorplates and followers for them, and have 4 mags.

realist
10-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Sounds like you got a deal. The big thing with guns like this is usually they come with only one mag. I would imagine it would be hard to find another. I agree with you on the ammo, buying the brass would be the smart move.