PDA

View Full Version : Other forums, wth...

ElevenBravo
09-28-2015, 11:38 PM
So, I trolled a forum for a little while (obviously not long enough...) signed up and tried to participate, like an adult... (GONG!) wrong answer..

I swear some of these people are worse than the armchair commandos at ARFcom. I wont mention the name but the url is glocktalk dot com. :-) Whops, I said it..

Why does this happen? Here... we can disagree and generate creative conversation... All the other forums, if you say something they micro scrutinize it and report back with all your errors, and THEN berate you for being stupid! This aint my first rodeo, I tend to know a little about some topics, and try to share & help, along with learn and grow.. but NO! Its like the playground when all the teachers arnt looking & smoking Marlboros... (Yeah, Im that old)... the other kids find its a good time to f'nk pick on ya and make you want to go home (home I guess, is this forum...)

EB

bacpacker
09-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Yep. I am a member on several forums on various topics from Auto and garage type stuff, guns, survival/bushcraft, knives, farm stuff, livestock, chickens, tractors, and of course prepping.
Damn near everyone of them has lurkers just waiting to hammer someone, or some know it all idiot you wants to lord over everyone with how smart they think they are. OTOH, most (not all) of them have some good folks who will help filter the BS and try to push good ideas thru. Most forums I just go to them to search for certain wants, ideas, or needs.

ElevenBravo
09-29-2015, 12:35 AM
The numbers were skewed at GL, instead of 5 helpful people and 1 asshole, theres like 15 assholes and 2 helpful people.

Im afraid theres not enough liqueur in the world for me to sift though that much shit to get to the sugar.

On a positive side, I did work a 6 for 5 mag trade, 6 of my M&P mags for 5 Glock 22 mags.. Only had to pay shipping, I was happy... even if I were at a $$ loss, its all good.

EB

bacpacker
09-29-2015, 01:17 AM
See, puttin up with a little shit was worth it.

:)

helomech
09-29-2015, 01:56 AM
I used to be on a bunch of forums, now I am really just on this one.

robsdak
09-29-2015, 02:45 AM
mags you say? i might go and look for a couple G23 13 rd mags.

i used to go to a few different places for info and ran into the same thing. 'i was doing this wrong, i didn't know what i was talking about or who are you to give advice'? so i just stopped going and took a break, even from here. too much on my plate, so to speak.

one thing i have come to realize is... it's US, THEM and TARGETS/Cannon Fodder... LMAO! so i just stick around here, when i am on line.

realist
09-29-2015, 03:35 AM
You can take his wife, his dog and his car but you talk bad about his gun and thems fighting words. Well when their motto is perfection what do you expect, they have drank the Kool ade.

Illini Warrior
09-29-2015, 12:58 PM
well, at least you get critiqued by a fellow prepper - new/veteran - good/bad .... the whole upsurge in prepping is driving new numbnuts that don't have a gram of prepper common sense, talent or knowledge ....

some of the prepper sites are votable - your response can be downvoted out of existence .... you respond with commonplace prepperism and the numbnuts spend more time down voting than trying to absorb some prepper wisdom .... sure makes you wonder how they intend to survive ....

Caveman Survival
09-29-2015, 02:31 PM
Yeah I found the same thing. I lurked on quite a few and was totally turned off by how they treated one another, different ideals, political stripes, ethnicities, sexual orientations... The level of hate held by keyboard warriors was astounding... And when you see that the mods have let the inmates run the asylum it makes it even worse... So I dropped all of the rest (except one other) and now reside in this place of wonderment, comraderie, and knowledge. Kudos for the ant farm!

izzyscout21
09-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Yeah..... I have a tendency to just stay here. I used to be on others actively. Now I'm registered in a few but only post in this one. I really got tired of the armchair commando bs. Well, that and I really HATE stupid people that absolutely BELIEVE they are correct, even when I can prove to them factually they are wrong. It's like they have believed and repeated the lie for so long that they will vehemently defend it in the face of contrary proof........ Gun forums are notorious for this. 95% of gun owners are like this. I hate everyone just about. this pretty much sums up almost every converstion I have with other gun owners:
http://img.ifcdn.com/images/82b02c4a9e6c9a7415e9b1a69d5bc8ccaf3a9610822d842dde ab003e54e918cf_1.jpg

ElevenBravo
09-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Izzy, next time dont hold back or sugar coat it! HA HA HA HA!

I know the feeling.. I never registered at ARF, and am thinking I can do without.. Its easy to get away from a forum if it goes sour, just quit showing up.

Bad thing is, I honestly would like to be helpful.. but, seams its not allowed.

Here, we can cry, bitch, preach and moan and no one gets all wadded up. Maybe throw stones but no one goes away mad (except for thoses that should...).

EB

Gunfixr
09-29-2015, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I only have a few I mess with anymore. Used to be a lot.

izzyscout21
09-29-2015, 10:53 PM
Izzy, next time dont hold back or sugar coat it! HA HA HA HA!

Don't tempt me. I have a notorious lack of tact.

Sniper-T
10-06-2015, 11:48 AM
I am active in a few other, local forums, but only for fishing/hunting and quad/sledding. This is my prepping home!

Sniper-T
10-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Don't tempt me. I have a notorious lack of tact.

There is a lot to be said for tact...

https://aqu52.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/1454827_10153550208035154_815457413_n.jpg?w=420&h=420

ElevenBravo
10-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Warrior and Caveman...

You two guys/gals are the newest ones on this thread, but been around for a "little while"..

I wanted to publicly thank you guys for being part of the forum, you guys fit right in and were glad to have you aboard!

EB

Caveman Survival
10-07-2015, 02:03 AM
Warrior and Caveman...

You two guys/gals are the newest ones on this thread, but been around for a "little while"..

I wanted to publicly thank you guys for being part of the forum, you guys fit right in and were glad to have you aboard!

EB

Well thanks 11-B! Aside from the massive knowledge overload, the interesting and respectful debate, and the off-board wackiness that I get from the ant farm... The single thing I like the best about SHTF READY is decency everyone shows one another, and the fair and consistent moderation that happens on the off chance that things go slightly a wry. Political and ideological stripes aside, the community is one of the best I have had the privilege to be a part of. Hands down!

Caveman Survival
10-07-2015, 02:04 AM
Now I just hope to unlock the avatar achievement some time soon ;)

jamesneuen
10-07-2015, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I've been here for awhile and still haven't gotten around to that yet......

Kesephist
10-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Sure would be nice to know what that takes... in candor, if it is at the will of the gremlins, I'm gonna be a one-each no-avatar-havin' sumbitch till the place gets taken down.

As to other forums... I STILL don't have permission from them yet to post the locales here. Given almost USD$4K of transactions on one... well, that's a hole in the foot I do NOT need. Suffice that both of them have a mild prep-friendly tinge to them.

Kesephist

Sniper-T
10-07-2015, 04:26 AM
??? you all should be there... I'll look into it!

izzyscout21
10-07-2015, 04:06 PM
Well thanks 11-B! Aside from the massive knowledge overload, the interesting and respectful debate, and the off-board wackiness that I get from the ant farm... The single thing I like the best about SHTF READY is decency everyone shows one another, and the fair and consistent moderation that happens on the off chance that things go slightly a wry. Political and ideological stripes aside, the community is one of the best I have had the privilege to be a part of. Hands down!

Thanks for that. This is the environment we've wanted to create all along. Hearing members say this is encouraging.

izzyscout21
10-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I've been here for awhile and still haven't gotten around to that yet......

James, you should be able to load one. I just checked the Admin control panel

izzyscout21
10-07-2015, 04:12 PM
Now I just hope to unlock the avatar achievement some time soon ;)

250 posts gets you premium member status. Premium member status unlocks the avatar achievement. lol.

Sniper-T
10-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Thanks Izzy... hadn't gotten to that yet. lol

jamesneuen
10-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Oh I know I can. I just haven't decided what to put there yet.

Sniper-T
10-07-2015, 05:56 PM
You can use this one...

https://iainhall.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/cat2.jpg

jamesneuen
10-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Lol, I will leave the cat ranching to you ST.

ElevenBravo
10-07-2015, 11:09 PM
1) Avatar is over rated (easy to say, since I can do one)
2) You didnt get the memo? To level up to avatar status you have to front spoon overnight with an admin. Thats what I had to do any way, isnt that the way its supposed to..... Hey! Wait a minute, I feel taken advantage of now!!!

EB

Sniper-T
10-08-2015, 12:02 AM
oh... EB... hush now!

You know you liked it!

... a lot!

you freakin' sicko!

;)

jamesneuen
10-28-2015, 10:22 PM
I have made the LEAP!!!!

<
<
<
<
<
<
<

robsdak
10-28-2015, 10:35 PM
1) Avatar is over rated (easy to say, since I can do one)
2) You didnt get the memo? To level up to avatar status you have to front spoon overnight with an admin. Thats what I had to do any way, isnt that the way its supposed to..... Hey! Wait a minute, I feel taken advantage of now!!!

EB

WOW! this place has really changed... i am busy in life for a few days and it all goes to hell. front spooning? you and Stormy been at it again? LMAO!

mine is sorta kinda what i look like (if i had hair and wore Red Flannel) and one of my several hobbies.

Sniper-T
10-28-2015, 10:36 PM
yum. looks like good eats there! Next you need to try cat...
fish!
louisianna style!

Stormfeather
11-01-2015, 06:26 AM
DaFuq?

Whats this Front Spooning you speak of?

How did I get cheated out of that?

realist
11-02-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't even want to visualize that

Socalman
11-02-2015, 03:34 PM
I have appreciated the welcoming attitude in this forum. Everyone seems to realize that people come here with various levels of knowledge on many subjects and do not attack someone that has a differing view point. There also seems to be respect for the fact that in various areas of this vast nation we have differing problems/needs. Yes, we all have the same basic needs 1) Regulating body temp which = shelter and clothing 2) Water 3) Food

Thanks to all who are the veteran posters here.

Katrina
11-03-2015, 03:30 AM
I have felt most comfortable here and one other site. I started out just looking to store the sugar and flour I had (Xmas baking) after Pop died and got invited here from another site (Thank you Lady). I 'm still "catching" up in a LOT of stuff but I know that if I need advise (or a shoulder to cry on) I won't be ridiculed or talked down to, teased a bit but always have gotten great advise from you all.

ElevenBravo
11-04-2015, 01:32 AM
We may not always agree, but we are always willing to spoon...

Er, I mean help folks out!

Im sure others are like minded: I have a lot to share, and a lot to learn. Peeps here are pretty level headed (how did that happen??). We may joke and jab, but I think everyone here could be trusted to watch the six.

EB

eagle326
11-04-2015, 01:36 AM
We may not always agree, but we are always willing to spoon...

Er, I mean help folks out!

Im sure others are like minded: I have a lot to share, and a lot to learn. Peeps here are pretty level headed (how did that happen??). We may joke and jab, but I think everyone here could be trusted to watch the six.

EB

I got you 11-B . Wake me up when my watch is done. :p

bacpacker
11-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Wake up there Eagle. Dozin off at the keyboard again??

eagle326
11-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Wake up there Eagle. Dozin off at the keyboard again??

I like to think of it as a inner mind trip through time.
When you think I'm not I am
When you think I am I'm not

Follow me now son ? ;)

2die4
11-04-2015, 02:02 AM
I get to be the Big Spoon....

bacpacker
11-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Gotcha Pops

ElevenBravo
11-05-2015, 01:58 AM
Who is gonna wake me so I can wake you? J/K

With Zs are in the perimeters Im not sleeping. My nose will be resting on the charging handle and viewing the field though the peep sight.

EB