PDA

View Full Version : Terminology question

Kesephist
10-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Is there a discrete technical term for a prepper or group of preppers that planned on a BOL, got tired or exhausted from all the tension that is leading up to the inevitable event, and went forward with their plans?

Keep it clean and civil, and somewhat ON POINT.

Kesephist

Sniper-T
10-14-2015, 01:11 PM
huh?

Illini Warrior
10-14-2015, 01:40 PM
double huh? .... what the hell are you talking about?

jamesneuen
10-14-2015, 03:07 PM
He is saying that a group of people have bugged out to their location before a disaster has happened. I don't think there is an official term for that.

izzyscout21
10-14-2015, 03:29 PM
"pre-bug"?

izzyscout21
10-14-2015, 03:30 PM
"forward- deployed"?

jamesneuen
10-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Premature evacuation? Lol

Sniper-T
10-14-2015, 04:09 PM
^ I was just going to write that!

lol

bacpacker
10-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Retired.

I have some friends that did exactly that. Retired, bugged out to their new homestead, then work from home as need be. It's working out well for them.

Caveman Survival
10-14-2015, 08:20 PM
Homesteader...

bacpacker
10-14-2015, 11:15 PM
That's what I hope to do one day. Just have my doubts things will hold out that long.

ElevenBravo
10-15-2015, 12:00 AM
Every last one of you are rookies...

Hes talking about a MAG

Mutual Assistance Group

Its the PC term for a bunch of whacko gun toting God fearing prepared for the worst republicans...

EB

Sniper-T
10-15-2015, 12:15 AM
I disagree EB. I am sure we are all familiar with MAG. but that is not what his question was.

Essentially, your MAG group arrived early at the party... nothing is happening... no one is there... it doesn't look like it will be inhabited, ever! What, besides 'losers' is that group called?

Around here, we call them 'Amish'! They are the only ones truly prepped for TEOTWAWKI... assuming, of course, that they don't need guns!

When I grow up... I wanna be an Amish... but...locked and loaded for Armageddon!!!

oh, wait... I almost am!

Fidel MD
10-15-2015, 12:47 AM
Going Galt?

jamesneuen
10-15-2015, 01:11 AM
Amish have guns ST. They just claim to be pacifists, though I've read plenty of police reports about them getting picked up for fist fights.

Kesephist
10-15-2015, 01:26 AM
Every last one of you are rookies...

In technical point of fact, unless there is some one in here who has been through a SHTF event, we ARE all rookies

Hes talking about a MAG

I did mention person or group.

Its the PC term for a bunch of whacko gun toting God fearing prepared for the worst republicans...

Perhaps I was unclear... The person or group I was talking of has basically bugged out BEFORE a SHTF event, 'cause they are wore out with the tension of being ever-ready all the time, and have jumped the gun, and went ahead with their BO and plans before TSHTF.

I should expand my query...not only "is there a tech term for such folks?"... but "what is the opinion of the assembled here of such folk, that do such a thing?"

I've my own guesses as to how some in here would or will react to such action, and will keep those guesses fairly close to the vest, thanks to the local 5th columnists (two of which have already spoke) (and again, I'm not happy, Staff, to bring it to light, but with a situation of this size, it's pretty much a given it's compromised).

And before those worthies jump in, I'm NOT referring to myself. I couldn't bail if I had to, at this point in time. A little more, and maybe... but there is so much less and less with every day.

Kesephist

jamesneuen
10-15-2015, 03:42 AM
I personally would love to do it if I could afford to. After or final upcoming move and the military has done with me, I plan on finding 80 acres to start building on exactly how I want.

If they are completely self sustaining or at least trying to I would call them homesteaders.

helomech
10-15-2015, 04:07 AM
I basically did that 10 years ago. I bought my place and started my little farm, but it is just me the wife and my son.

Sniper-T
10-15-2015, 11:16 AM
I guess technically, that's where I am too!

bacpacker
10-15-2015, 04:52 PM
I currently attempt to homestead, to the level I can. I plan to increase to some degree every year it's possible. I just currently don't have the prime location I want.

ElevenBravo
10-16-2015, 12:25 AM
I reckon I miss understood the question.. Oh well, better to be wrong than have not tried...

EB

piranha2
10-17-2015, 03:21 AM
Whom in the hell is Galt?

jamesneuen
10-17-2015, 01:38 PM
John Galt, the "hero" of Ayn Rand's Objectivist doorstopper, Atlas Shrugged, who destroys civilization to avoid paying taxes

as taken from wikepedia because my description i typed was horrid

realist
10-17-2015, 04:44 PM
The correct question is, "Who is John Galt?" Atlas Shrugged is a long book I started a long time ago and need to pick it up. My son told me he will not totally respect me until I finish it since I got him into it....

Fidel MD
10-18-2015, 03:20 AM
The correct question is, "Who is John Galt?" Atlas Shrugged is a long book I started a long time ago and need to pick it up. My son told me he will not totally respect me until I finish it since I got him into it....

Its the best book you'll hate reading