PDA

View Full Version : Tractor

realist
10-17-2015, 04:39 PM
Okay who out there has a tractor and if so what make, size and attachments? The War Department has given me the approval for the purchase of a B2710HST Kabota with a front end loader, belly mower and box scraper. It is owned by a high school and has been serviced every three months with all the other equipment. Total hours is 1,100. They want $7,500. I welcome all comments. I figure I will be able to really develop my property both down here and up in the mountains. Suggestions??

helomech
10-17-2015, 05:16 PM
I have a kubota mx5100. 50 hp 4wd hydrostatic. I love it. You did not say whether or not it was 4wd. I will say if it is 2wd you will not be happy with the front end loader unless you are on hard flat ground. That is the reason I got rid of my 50hp massey, it was 2wd and I would get stuck on a very regular basis and had to dump the load in the front end loader to get out. It was very frustrating and I will NEVER buy another 2wd tractor with a front end loader. Was a huge mistake on my part.

IMO 2wd tractor are for cutting fields and bailing hay, everything else needs to be 4wd

Sniper-T
10-18-2015, 01:56 AM
O <-- smartie...
. <-- fat kid all over that shit!

bacpacker
10-19-2015, 12:27 AM
I have a Kubota BX1860. It's not made for heavy use, but has been a good reliable tractor for what I needed.
I also have a Early 70's Duetz 3006. It's got close to 4000 hours on it. Other than a clutch and tires, It's had very little done to it.

I would thing the one you are looking at is a pretty good deal and should cover a decent range of work. It will be shorter on horsepower than Helo's, but can still do a lot. Maybe just slower.

Fidel MD
10-19-2015, 12:36 AM
seems like a great deal to me. I have a Kubota and have no problems with it. If you get it ask the school if they have any spares (filters, etc) you can get as well.

Domeguy
10-19-2015, 04:45 AM
By other comps on the Internet, it sure SEEMS like a good deal, especially with all the add-ons. But ask for a couple of day warantee just in case....Ya Neva No!

realist
10-20-2015, 03:49 AM
seems like a great deal to me. I have a Kubota and have no problems with it. If you get it ask the school if they have any spares (filters, etc) you can get as well.

Thanks for the suggestion but they don't do any of the work on it. They always have the local Kubota dealer service it with their other equipment. I do plan on taking a trip down to the dealer tomorrow to discuss the service they do.

At 27 HP it should be able to do most of what I need. I am in no hurry. There is no problem taking it back to them. I help raise money for the school each year. The dealer told them they would sell it for $9,500 and give them around $8,000. By selling it to me for cash they don't have to deal with the state either.