PDA

View Full Version : Attacks in France

bacpacker
11-14-2015, 02:08 AM
This started several hours ago (before 6pm est) and the latest I heard was at least 150 dead, many more injured. 4-7 different locations were hit in a pretty coordinated attack. Here is a couple of links to the news stories.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/nov/13/shootings-reported-in-eastern-paris-live

http://www.britalypost.com/paris-under-attack-100-dead/

Apparently hostages were taken and some executed. France has now closed their borders and have a curfew underway. (Too little, too late IMO).

Looks like the refugees are making a rapid impact. What do all think about all this? More importantly, what steps do we need to hit quickly? We all know there will be repercussions here even if we have no attacks soon.

realist
11-14-2015, 02:19 AM
This was a well coordinated attack. Over 150 dead and who knows how many wounded. They were saying the shooters shot the wounded in the head as they moved through the room. My wife tonight could not understand why this happened and what they wanted. When I told her, all of us dead, she just kinda looked confused. I told her we are the infidels and they wanted everyone who is not Muslim dead. I think that is pretty simple. It is hard for some people to believe there are evil people in the world.

bacpacker
11-14-2015, 02:32 AM
That is their ultimate goal. It is hard to understand because most people would never consider doing something like that.

ElevenBravo
11-14-2015, 02:34 AM
Coming to a Murican city near you, sooner than later I would presume.

Sad the world we live in now, and how our current CONUS has deteriorated. But I fear things such as this are knocking on our door...

EB

ak474u
11-14-2015, 02:39 AM
The only thing we can do is be prepared, avoid areas that could be a target (street festivals, stadiums, concerts, religious events that may draw attention from jihadis). Carry, everywhere. In the grand scheme of things, the attacks could have been worse, and likely will be soon.

realist
11-14-2015, 02:49 AM
There will be a time, I hope, where everyone becomes fed up with what is going on and the leaders in power will use the power at their disposal to crush ISIS. There are people who compare the rise of ISIS to the Nazis during WWII. Hopefully they are wrong but the fuse may be lit.......

ladyhk13
11-14-2015, 02:54 AM
Hopefully this will open our politicians eyes and deny the POTUS's grand scheme to bring in 250,000 of them into our country. Doubtful but one can hope.

Illini Warrior
11-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Hopefully this will open our politicians eyes and deny the POTUS's grand scheme to bring in 250,000 of them into our country. Doubtful but one can hope.

10,000 Syrians arriving in New Orleans any day now .... talking head guest on FOX made a great point .... that Syrian native corp that the US spent a fortune $$$$ on training & equipping - deserted and went over to the ISIS entirely .... the US couldn't vet 500 Syrians that could be trusted - how do you vet 10,000 - 20,000 - 100,000????? .....

all the havoc in Paris was from a dozen guys - 12 freaking guys - How many suicide squads of nutz case Muslims are hiding among these initial 10,000 .... do they have orders & info to join up with established deep cover agents already in the US?????

izzyscout21
11-14-2015, 08:14 PM
Anyone who doesn't think it is coming/ is already here is an absolute fool

ladyhk13
11-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Yup! Why can't the U.N set up a 'Safe Zone' over there and when the crap is over let them go back to their own towns. The cost will be less than shipping them here, giving them welfare, housing and not to mention the security issues. I say every one of us call or email our Reps and tell them to do just that. We DO NOT want these people here. Bombard them with demands NOW!

You guys wanna pool all of our resources and buy an island somewhere and move? ;)

eagle326
11-14-2015, 09:18 PM
Was hoping to leave this world in some sort of peaceful departure. But then again what fun would that be. When the time is right I'll have to get this old boy some hogs as force multipliers. Get rag heads grouped up and wounded with the help of some bouncing bettys ; knee deep punji pits with other surprise packages and let my pets feast. Nothing like free food for my little pretties. That is of course after we relieve them of their armaments. :cool:

I'm probably gonna need that hover board Stormy was talking about. Hope he can hook me up. By the way how many gears does a hover board have ? Or does it have some other kind of speed control. Old feeble minds need to know.
Oh maybe some kind of gas agent to render them immobile a little bit. Don't want my pets working up such a sweat that they're too tired to enjoy the free meal. Also a nice 10' x 12' steel cage so they can go 1 on 1 in unarmed combat. :p

Just Sayin'

bacpacker
11-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Yeah Eagle, a heard of pigs would work well. Around here we are being overrun with wild hogs. Might be a good thing???

I'm not sure why so many around the country wonder when it will come here. Hell 9/11, Ft. Hood, Boston, & Chattanooga have already taken place here. Just none yet with a coordinated effort at multiple locations at once. It will happen though.

Like Ak mentioned, avoiding large gatherings, ball games, concerts, shopping malls, etc will help some. But just as easily could happen in resturants, bars, small stores, even at work. There is such a mix of people at work including middle easterners it makes me wonder.

Keep your head on a swivel and practice high levels of situational awareness at all times. Carry everywhere you can and try to avaoid the places you can't.

ElevenBravo
11-15-2015, 02:43 AM
<applying CLP to the bolt carrier group...>

bacpacker
11-15-2015, 02:56 AM
Cleaned and lubed my stuff this afternoon.

Kesephist
11-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Las Vegas Rock and Roll Marathon tomorrow afternoon. My work is nice n far from it.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/Desertphotofox/30secondstomars_zpsnb1ypxmw.png

[COLOR="#696969"]Kesephist

jamesneuen
11-15-2015, 05:26 PM
First Syrian refugees arrived in Louisiana today.

ElevenBravo
11-15-2015, 08:48 PM
http://elevenbravo.net/animated/ani-isis2.gif

bacpacker
11-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Yeah I saw that. Make New Orleans an even bigger shit hole. Hopefully that load will stay there below sea level.

ladyhk13
11-16-2015, 01:11 AM
Yeah I saw that. Make New Orleans an even bigger shit hole. Hopefully that load will stay there below sea level.

Doubt it. Think they will head north and come right up to our great state...they have been infiltrating for some time now. Getting pretty bad in several areas.

bacpacker
11-16-2015, 02:08 AM
Area around Murphey borough. I heard is getting over run. I'm sure it'll spread. Maybe the Mexicans will take em out. They out number them for now. ;)

ladyhk13
11-16-2015, 07:16 AM
Williamson county too. Been hearing about Robertson as well. Nashville is a dumping ground for refugees, that's how Shelbyville got all those Somalies (sp?), big mess there. Took over Tyson chicken plant. Won't even discuss Memphis...growing there too. Time to move to Montana for sure!

bacpacker
11-16-2015, 11:34 AM
I hadn't heard about Shelbyville. Crap!

ElevenBravo
11-16-2015, 10:47 PM
Speculation aside, news media aside, g0v information aside... I *think* it is possible that the POTENTIAL for trouble is WAY worse than what we "think", we just havent had similar events (like France) yet to be indicators...

I *think* cells have already been established here, and its a matter of time.

So, I suggesting stocking up NOW while you can...

223 and/or 7.62AK ammo and mags
CLP and/or lube
Tac vest with mag pouches
Radios set up on GMRS/FRS/MURS so you can have comms
Cammo (tiger stipe/woodland/real tree, whatever works in your terrain)
Camel back for water
MREs, cause canned food in a backpack sucks ass
Backpack, any type, preferable ILBE/USMC (IMHO the BEST!)
Electronic muffs, protect your hearing during firing but otherwise can still hear normally
Red dot scopes, Primary Arms has a FINE selection for a budget, but are quality
Night vision if your made of money

Reloading press, dies, primer, brass, trimmers, powder, bullets, calipers, etc.. etc.. etc..

Sidearm: Combat ready, the two that spring to mind are Glock and M&P, plenty of extra mags, plenty of ammo...
9mm would put you in the "universal" catagory where most people are and gives you the greatest chance
of sharing ammo (but run HP, Everglads (google) has 124gr HP bullets far cheaper than you can buy the
loaded cartridge)

A team, a plan and a backup plan would be in order.

If terrorist strike in or near your home town, what in the above list would you take off and still be prepared? IMHO... nothing in the list can be removed.

GHB: A Git Home Bag would be SMART, and in that bag... plenty of goodies to get you home.. AR pistol would be better
than a rifle, I am looking a several "fun sticks", IE: 30 round Glock mags in addition to some stock 17 rounders...

For long term you gonna need a LOT of stuff.

Do I think it will happen in my home town? Doubt it, we dont have any value added targets here... but, that may be WHY they choose my home town, strike at the heart of terror...

Anywho, the original topic was about attacks in France and I dont want to drift the thread off and I know all here are like minded and I said nothing that you all have not already thought of, but it bears mentioning all the same.

EB

ladyhk13
11-17-2015, 02:21 AM
I hadn't heard about Shelbyville. Crap!

Surprised you hadn't. Was all over the radio when Tyson took away Labor Day and gave the Muslims one of their holidays paid off instead. Was such backlash that Tyson had to change it so fast it bade their heads spin. I still don't know anyone that will buy Tyson chicken or eat KFC in Tn because of it. Here is more detailed info on it.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/tyson.asp

bacpacker
11-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Holy crap. I somehow missed that. Completely. We quit buying Tyson years ago when their ties to the Clinton came out. Thanks for the link

Socalman
11-17-2015, 03:08 PM
The bastards have a foothold here, believe it. Detroit has areas that are like a middle eastern country.

My son spent about 8 years touring in the rock industry and worked/knows literally hundreds of people still in the biz. He said his Facebook page "blew up" Friday and Saturday as people were trying to find out about friends in Europe, who was in France, etc. He seemed a bit shaken, perhaps the most I have seen since he was in London when 9/11 happened.

However, we can talk about staying away from sporting events, concerts, etc. but all that does is give them another chit in the win column. We are NOT changing our lifestyle for the bastards. I have made sure that all mags are loaded and I checked each firearm and know it is ready. When we go out, I am keeping my head on a swivel.

ladyhk13
11-18-2015, 12:11 AM
Holy crap. I somehow missed that. Completely. We quit bu Ying Tyson years ago when their ties to the Clinton came out. Thanks for the link

You are most welcome. Keeps getting worse here.

realist
11-18-2015, 12:27 AM
Our Governor the wonderful wizard high mucky muck Brown said he will open up the state to the refugees. So why don't you all just send yours over here. We have room for everybody, just ask the five or six million illegals already here. Sooooooooooo my question to you if there is a terror attack by one of these folks does that make it homegrown terrorism since we brought it on ourselves??? I figure they have all heard about California and New York so put em all there and then at least we will know where they are........... Hey anyone got a room to rent????

bacpacker
11-18-2015, 12:57 AM
Come on the E. Tn. We'll find a nice hillside for you.

ladyhk13
11-18-2015, 02:51 AM
Come on the E. Tn. We'll find a nice hillside for you.

Have over 250 acres next to us for sale cheap.

Fatty
11-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Ordered another first aid trauma pack for the wife's vehicle. Normally we use my vehicle when we go somewhere as a family but obviously can't be with them 100% of the time.

Its becoming all too sad that Americans have no idea whats being brought to their door step.

Kesephist
11-19-2015, 01:37 AM
The only thing we can do is be prepared

Conditonally, yes... if we were already 'prepared', carry on.

avoid areas that could be a target (street festivals, stadiums, concerts, religious events that may draw attention from jihadis).

NO.

The Georgian Bank Robber said "The purpose of terrorism is to terrorize." If you are terrorized, you are fearful, you ball up and hide... how you do what you do is changed by the terrorist and his acts... and he wins.

Screw that.

Carry, everywhere. In the grand scheme of things, the attacks could have been worse, and likely will be soon.

Agreed on both of these points.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/Desertphotofox/30secondstomars_zpsnb1ypxmw.png

Kesephist

ElevenBravo
11-19-2015, 02:33 AM
I will respectfully disagree with K a bit but explain why... (at the same time I respect K's position because his is a valid argument also!)

*I* will avoid the high populated areas and events 1) because I dont like people but 2) so I wont be a victim.

There will be PLENTY of sheepel in attendance shedding blood to make the terrorist even "successful", but in order for
me to be a Patriot in the war, I must FIRST, survive. The key to survival is not getting killed.. hence, see above...

I hope this makes sense, I dont expect anyone to jump up and agree or be converted to "my" way of thinking... but what I do hope is that all can UNDERSTAND my way of thinking...thats all.

BTW, when the times start getting REALLY hard, be the Grey Man... the book 299 days has a GREAT example of what the Grey Man is, and its a bit MORE than what I used to think it meant.

EB

Kesephist
11-19-2015, 07:50 AM
I will respectfully disagree with K a bit but explain why... (at the same time I respect K's position because his is a valid argument also!)

*I* will avoid the high populated areas and events 1) because I dont like people but 2) so I wont be a victim.

There will be PLENTY of sheepel in attendance shedding blood to make the terrorist even "successful", but in order for
me to be a Patriot in the war, I must FIRST, survive. The key to survival is not getting killed.. hence, see above...

I hope this makes sense, I dont expect anyone to jump up and agree or be converted to "my" way of thinking... but what I do hope is that all can UNDERSTAND my way of thinking...thats all.

Understood, yes, and even necessary.

As has been stated before, though... LIKE it? Not a chance in hell. Coming to honest grips with the bastards is what would feel REAL good. But the @uckers are cowards...

"Fair fight" is a naivete unaffordable with these creatures. So.. having to get down there in the pit with them, fighting by their rules...

Screw it... ISIS wanted to play this way... if the pollyannas don't like it, they can tell ISIS that. Not us that want to stop ISIS.

Someone needs to remind ISIS of a little tidbit... France has nukes. They reserve the right to use them without consulting with anyone else.

Kesephist

ladyhk13
11-19-2015, 08:38 PM

BTW, when the times start getting REALLY hard, be the Grey Man... the book 299 days has a GREAT example of what the Grey Man is, and its a bit MORE than what I used to think it meant.

EB

I totally agree with you and that's exactly how we live. We actually call ourselves 'gray men' all the time...funny you use the term too.

bacpacker
11-20-2015, 12:33 AM
EB I have to agree in general. For the most part I hate being in crowds. I do to some events or crowded places from time to time. I love going to see concerts, although the cost has got so damn high I'm about done with that. But for the most part I stay away cause I have a hard time dealing with stupid people.
Grey is the good way to go for sure.

ak474u
11-20-2015, 01:29 AM
I'm a bad one to listen to. I live with a lot of fear. Every day when I drop my 5 y/o kid off at school, I wonder if it's the last time. When we went to his first basketball practice last night at a LARGE city owned athletic facility that forbids firearms, I sat outside the only entrance on a concrete planter with my pistol on my hip. I don't take out the trash without a gun, and I live in a pretty good neighborhood, and town.

bacpacker
11-20-2015, 02:09 AM
Now AK, who said they weren't carrying everywhere??

ak474u
11-20-2015, 02:17 AM
Now AK, who said they weren't carrying everywhere??

Nobody. I guess my fear is for others, and maybe the fear that I won't be there to plug the SOB that tries something. Lol

bacpacker
11-21-2015, 12:40 AM
Been reading some stories about muzzies from various countries showing up in the Americas in Tx and Az thru Mexico. Something to look forward to on top of what obummer is bringing in.
Here are two stories on it.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/18/report-8-syrians-caught-at-texas-border-in-laredo/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/19/exclusive-6-men-from-pakistan-afghanistan-busted-illegally-entering-arizona-from-mexico/