PDA

View Full Version : Excell ammo and firearm inventory

AlphaTea
11-18-2015, 05:22 PM
Several years ago I made up an inventory in Excell that I use to keep track of my ammo, weapons and Magazines.
Each caliber of ammo has its own tab and there is even a tab for Total rounds. There is a tab for firearms that lists make, model, caliber etc for each. I even save pics of each weapon on seperate tabs.
If any one wants a copy, message me you email address and I will gladly send you a copy. Below is a screen shot of one of the pages with obvious modifications to some of the items.
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/AlphaTea/Mobile%20Uploads/Weapons.png
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71/AlphaTea/Mobile%20Uploads/5.56%20totals.png

Sniper-T
11-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Nice! I have something similar for the guns. Gave up on ammo, too hard to keep up with buying and shooting. lol

jamesneuen
11-18-2015, 06:04 PM
I set up something similar when I moved into military housing because they need a copy on base. I included original purchase receipts and parts, plus pictures of any modifications.

bacpacker
11-19-2015, 12:41 AM
Alpha,
Thanks for putting this back up. I got a copy from you way back then and still have it on my main thumb drive.
It is a good spreadsheet

AlphaTea
11-19-2015, 03:07 AM
I posted it again over at ar15.com recently by request. I thought someone else over hear might want another shot at it. It is pretty handy. I used to do a lot of work with Excell.

realist
11-19-2015, 01:50 PM
I did the same thing for all my guns and ammo. Since I store all my ammo in ammo cans, which are numbered it enables me to find what I need.

AlphaTea
11-20-2015, 03:03 PM
I did the same thing for all my guns and ammo. Since I store all my ammo in ammo cans, which are numbered it enables me to find what I need.
I do something similar. I use a P-Touch labeler and put 2 labels on each can. One on the front side on the latch and one on the lid. I use big 72pt letters for the caliber and to the right of that I put something specific like IMI M855 or Golden Saber +P on a 24pt font.
If I take ammo out of an ammo can I consider it gone. everything in mags is considered shot even though I keep a fair number loaded all the time of range ammo. For each of my carry weapons I keep at least 3 mags fully loaded +1 in the chamber all the time.

bacpacker
11-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Alpha I can't recall, is the sheet set up reloading supplies as well?

AlphaTea
11-20-2015, 08:55 PM
Alpha I can't recall, is the sheet set up reloading supplies as well?
No, but it would be pretty simple to do. There are plenty of tabs if you know how to build a table in excell you will be all set.
If you dont know how, give me the info you want in it and some kind of layout idea and I could probably knock it out pretty quick.

bacpacker
11-21-2015, 12:25 AM
I use Excel a lot at work. Very useful tool. The reason I ask, 1. I haven't used it in a while and couldn't recall if it did or not. 2. Looking for it on my computer, I found that it was on my old puter that died and I haven't downloaded the hard drive yet.
Would you being will to email a copy to me? It is a good spreadsheet and I would like to get a copy and recount all my inventory. Adding the reloading pages wouldn't be hard to do at all.

realist
11-21-2015, 11:43 AM
I do something similar. I use a P-Touch labeler and put 2 labels on each can. One on the front side on the latch and one on the lid. I use big 72pt letters for the caliber and to the right of that I put something specific like IMI M855 or Golden Saber +P on a 24pt font.
If I take ammo out of an ammo can I consider it gone. everything in mags is considered shot even though I keep a fair number loaded all the time of range ammo. For each of my carry weapons I keep at least 3 mags fully loaded +1 in the chamber all the time.

I label top and front of the can so I can see what it is if it were say in the back of the truck. I also differentiate it training from load out. I agree with you if it is partly done I take it off the list. I also have a bunch of them filled with brass for reloading.

AlphaTea
11-21-2015, 08:48 PM
I use Excel a lot at work. Very useful tool. The reason I ask, 1. I haven't used it in a while and couldn't recall if it did or not. 2. Looking for it on my computer, I found that it was on my old puter that died and I haven't downloaded the hard drive yet.
Would you being will to email a copy to me? It is a good spreadsheet and I would like to get a copy and recount all my inventory. Adding the reloading pages wouldn't be hard to do at all.
No problem. just PM your email