PDA

View Full Version : Flu Shots

realist
11-19-2015, 03:46 PM
Have you got your flu shots yet???? I for one recommend them. There are some people who do not like the idea of any type of vaccine from the government and that is ok. I make sure all of my family gets their shots. Why, it is my hope in the event of a pandemic we will be able to weather the storm better. So it is my recommendation for all of you to get one, just another thing to prep for...........

Fidel MD
11-19-2015, 04:12 PM
I get mine every year...

If there is a vaccine that I can take, I take it. Just in case.

bacpacker
11-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Never took it. Never will. Everyone I know that does ends up sick with. Just a few days.

Fidel MD
11-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Never took it. Never will. Everyone I know that does ends up sick with. Just a few days.

I had mine two weeks ago....haven't been ill.

helomech
11-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Never get any vaccines. I have not been sick in over 20 years. I don't catch anything that I have been exposed to. From measles, to chicken pox, colds, flu, none of it seems to make me sick. Heck can't even catch poison ivy.

bacpacker
11-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Never had the flu. Wife has brought me strep before. She has been a nanny for 25+ years. generally I rarely get sick. If I do I'll have a fever for a day or two and pretty well sleep thru it. Then back at it sniffling some. Other than strep and a occasional sinus infection I am pretty healthy. Not much allergies either. The only time I've had any poison anything, I got poison oak(PO) all over my forearms one fall. I was cutting down and old dead elm that had a couple large PO vines on the trunk. I got hot and sweaty cutting it down so I went down to a t shirt and cut the tree up. I had sawdust all up both arms. Didn't realize what I had done until the next morning. That sucked and took nearly a week to get it healing up good. Never had any poision attacks before or since.

ladyhk13
11-19-2015, 08:35 PM
A few months ago a friend of mine (who is an RN) sent me an email with an article about a different flu shot they are giving to people only over 50 (I believe that was the cut off age, but it was for older ppl) and it was saying there was something in it that was not healthy for us. I wish I had kept the email. Has anyone heard of this?

Sniper-T
11-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Never get any vaccines. I have not been sick in over 20 years. I don't catch anything that I have been exposed to. From measles, to chicken pox, colds, flu, none of it seems to make me sick. Heck can't even catch poison ivy.

I'm similar. when everyone else is taking a week or so off work, I may get the sniffles for a day. I do get poison ivy, but it's probably my fault for rolling around in it. It itches me for a bit, then I give it a good scrub with gas, and its done. Drives my wife nuts... she walks past it and she has it for the whole summer and the itch drives her bat-shit crazy! crazier?? lol

Oh yeah, and I have never had a flu shot!

jamesneuen
11-19-2015, 11:53 PM
I'm required to for work but now we do a nasal spray instead of a shot

realist
11-21-2015, 12:01 PM
Lady we all just get the same here, young and old alike. If you do hear anything else could you post it?

Twitchy
11-25-2015, 03:45 AM

Heh, Apparently somebody got ALL the good genes! lol..

helomech
11-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Just lucky I guess.

Sniper-T
11-25-2015, 06:50 PM
When I grow up, I want to be Helomech

helomech
11-25-2015, 09:18 PM
LMAO, no you don't.

Socalman
12-17-2015, 04:04 PM
It still is not too late to get the flu vaccine if you are inclined. I get mine every year. As a teacher, I dealt with class loads of 250 - 340 kids per year IN MY ROOM. If you think I was not exposed to all kinds of things, I would like to offer you one or both of my bridges I am selling. One in Brooklyn, the other on the west coast over the San Francisco Bay.

Never had any side effects from the vaccines.

ElevenBravo
12-17-2015, 10:08 PM
I went for decades NOT taking them, partly from the "horror stories". I started getting one about 8 years ago, havent missed a year and havent had the flu since. Thankfully.

EB