PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving Day

Socalman
11-26-2015, 02:45 PM
I just want to wish a happy Thanksgiving Day to all here. No matter what problems with which we deal, most of us have it far better than many in the world.

Looking forward to our kids & grandkids coming over (we see them regularly so not a big deal) for dinner. Nothing really special.

I am looking forward to sampling the marinated mushrooms I started last night.

What are the rest of you doing?

Sniper-T
11-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Nothing. We had our Thanksgiving almost a month ago. lol

Post up the recipe for the mushrooms!

And I will wish y'all a happy turkey day!

http://gfnoticias.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/galinha.jpg

eagle326
11-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Up 5 am ; prepping turkey with stuffing and getting everything else ready. I let the Goddess rest and do overview of prep. Been this way for 45 years.
She'll make up the salad ; deviled eggs ; celery sticks with daughters.

Hoping everyone has a safe and enjoyable day.

ladyhk13
11-27-2015, 02:09 AM
Nothing. We had our Thanksgiving almost a month ago. lol

Post up the recipe for the mushrooms!

And I will wish y'all a happy turkey day!

http://gfnoticias.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/galinha.jpg

What, no cat?

Sniper-T
11-27-2015, 02:13 AM
Cat is for Easter. Eagle is for Thanksgiving!

silly girl!

:)

ladyhk13
11-27-2015, 02:16 AM
Got a call from my mom last night. She fell...took her to the E.R and she broke the head of her humerus...not funny. Was there until 0100. BWRR woke me up this morning telling me to call my sister...my brother had a heart attack. Life flight end him to a hospital that could put in a stint after they gave him meds to break up a clot they found. He wanted to drive himself to the other hospital, they said no way...he could be dead by then so his redneck butt relented and took the flight. He'll be in ICU for 3 days and get moved to a private room for at least another 2. Needless to say his trip up (he would have been on the road only hours later) has been cancelled and he's more mad about missing hunting season up here. Go figure.

Sniper-T
11-27-2015, 02:26 AM
What hunting season is he missing?

lol

jk. that really suck kiddo. thoughts and prayers heading out your way!!
I guess you can still be thankful that they are still with you.

bacpacker
11-27-2015, 03:29 AM
Prayers tor them both.
My MIL blanked out last night and was taken to the hospital for a check out. Worst they could find was dehyrdration, other than late stage alzhiemers.

Happy turkey day to all

Katrina
11-27-2015, 04:12 PM
So sorry to hear about the family members My prayers go out to you all.

I'm very grateful for you all and our families
May you have a better December God bless

eagle326
11-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Cat is for Easter. Eagle is for Thanksgiving!

silly girl!

:)

Eagle ? !!!

Time to go into hiding . Damn just when I was staring to relax .

Sniper-T
11-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Yeah, sorry Pal. But you know how it goes. It is either you or your cousin:

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/bald_eagle-normal.jpg

and he looks a little tougher than you!

ladyhk13
11-28-2015, 01:19 AM
What hunting season is he missing?

lol

jk. that really suck kiddo. thoughts and prayers heading out your way!!
I guess you can still be thankful that they are still with you.

Deer season...don't they have that up there? Thanks for the prayers. Been one thing after another here...

Gunfixr
12-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear about all the family members you guys. I sure hope they all get better.

Thanksgiving here pretty uneventful.

With the fibro, my wife has a hard time with fixing that big meal, so the last several years, we all go out somewhere together, and take dad. Also, the last three years, my wife has had to work thanksgiving from 6 to midnight or so.
No dad this year. I wasn't going out.
She cooked, but kept it simple. Got one (two, actually) of these frozen turkey loaf things. It's about the size of a homemade bread loaf, and either all white or half and half white/dark meat. Then just cooked up some other stuff, beans with salt pork, real mashed potatoes, gravy, yams and rolls. There was cranberry sauce.
Other than waiting on the meat to cook, only took about an hour.
Kinda laid around comatose for awhile, and she went to work.
I drank rum.

realist
12-03-2015, 01:25 PM
It's a little far to the Left Coast but you would be more than welcome here in the future. We have found we do not like quiet holidays. Lots of family with kids and noise, that to me is the sound of happiness. Oh ya no low fat anything........ Here is to a healthy time next year.