PDA

View Full Version : Camo wrap for lots of things

Metrocruiser
12-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Hey all,

Have any of you used something like this? Its 30 dollars for 1 kit.
Compared to 3 cans of paint that is about 25 dollars and a lot more prep work. I suppose I could probably do my bolt action and my sks and maybe a couple 7.62 crates. Hmm, now I am thinking it may be funner.

Rifle wrap (http://www.mossyoakgraphics.com/rifle-wrap-mossy-oak-camo-skin)

Illini Warrior
12-21-2015, 01:29 PM
if you pick up a rifle/shotgun that needs a furniture tune up it's a cheap alternative to re-finishing ....

Sniper-T
12-21-2015, 10:17 PM
the result will be proportionate to the effort put in. I have seen some phenomenal jobs, and some serious bubba'ed ones.

Same as paint too I guess.

Have fun and post up some pics!

ElevenBravo
12-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Just my observation, nothing more... from a good distance all the camo stuff will appear one color... wont do a bit of good. But up close, looks awesome.

So, Im thinking a can of Krylon flat earth or green and a couple of coats would be a cheaper and easier way to mask the black of the weapon.

They say, black is not a naturally occurring color in the wild.. but shadows are black. Anywho, an earth tone paint would likely suit just as well.

Im half tempted to paint my AR.. but havent committed to it.. just a thought.

EB

Sniper-T
12-21-2015, 11:43 PM
I have exactly one black long gun, everything else is wood and blued. yep, old fashioned, but I've never had trouble in the field.

Then again my favourite clothing colour is camo!

jamesneuen
12-22-2015, 12:22 AM
I did a test of paints awhile ago. If you don't want to spend the money on actual gun paint and a sprayer, use automotive paint.

There is an adhesion promoter and then the paint, and then the clear coat. I did a couple sets of AR furniture for some friends that wanted to be able to easily tell their guns apart from others at matches. It worked out great. The Krylon I used just rubbed right off

realist
12-22-2015, 03:25 AM
I showed the wife the wraps and she wasn't impressed, not for the guns or vehicles but for the kitchen.......she said no.

Metrocruiser
12-22-2015, 03:35 AM
Lol. Ty for all the feedback. I am going to buy 3 colors and practice on my ammo crates 1st.

I will post pics :o