PDA

View Full Version : AR Copter

izzyscout21
08-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this one, so mods feel free to move to the appropriate category.

One of the guys at work just picked up one of these:

AR.Drone Parrot - First quadricopter that can be controlled by an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad (http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/usa/)

I think the thing could be useful. It's got cameras on board and you can see everything through your Iphone. After seeing him fly his around the dealership here, I want one.

RedJohn
08-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Not being "survival" GD, I move it to the Town Hall.

My brother is thinking about buying one.

Twitchy
08-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Not being "survival" GD, I move it to the Town Hall.

My brother is thinking about buying one.

I would personally, rather have that helicopter with a few attachments you posted on G+ last week :D

The parrot AR Drone is rather limited in operating space... IMO, you have to be to close to be able to use it effectively... Maybe as a close range non line of sight camera, but nothing more really... Red johns you could mount a rifle on the thing and light up something if needed... THAT would be fun... Imagine that at the range :P

RedJohn
08-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I would personally, rather have that helicopter with a few attachments you posted on G+ last week :D

Yes, me too. Btw, don't look for me on G+, Facebook and any other social network systems as I cancelled my account on ALL of them.

Twitchy
08-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Yes, me too. Btw, don't look for me on G+, Facebook and any other social network systems as I cancelled my account on ALL of them.

How come you cancelled them?

RedJohn
08-20-2011, 11:18 PM
How come you cancelled them?

I find nothing to do on social networks and I don't need to know someone is taking a piss.

Sorry for the hijack, Izzy.

The Stig
08-23-2011, 09:57 PM
I find nothing to do on social networks and I don't need to know someone is taking a piss.

Sorry for the hijack, Izzy.

Just so you know, I just took a piss.

bacpacker
08-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Tmi