PDA

View Full Version : 5 in the front yard... Lil'B & Mama home alone...

ElevenBravo
01-14-2016, 12:05 AM
So... Lil'Bravo tells me the story after I get home about the neighbor to the left of us having some work done on there house, it appears digging up a water line for an apparent leak...

Anywho.. it seams one of the shitbirds went on a walk about down the street, mug facing the houses.. then there were two.. Next thing you know Lil sees 5 of them in OUR front yard (Posted: No Trespassing) and damn close to the front door, kind of roaming around...so promptly she retrieves her M&P 40 and calls 911, officer comes and does an interview, no charges pressed which is well and good since the point was made...

So later she goes to get the mail with the Smith in the holster and she tells me one of the guys says to the other(s) something to the effect of "Guys, were fuckin with the wrong house". Yeah, shitbirds.

So, maybe it wasnt all handled the same way I would have but it was done better than most people, and Lil is only 18 young and a lot to learn but I think she did well enough (except for going to get the mail, but at least she was strapped and it did make an impression).

So after hearing all this good news.. I retrieve the ARs from the safe (which she doesnt have the combo to), shes gets to keep it by her headboard for a few days precautionary. I figure they will be back tomorrow or more until the water line is fixed up, in the mean time shes instructed to just stay her ass inside.

So, if anyone wants to know why its good to raise your kids around guns, this is a good example. Armed and concerned trumps unarmed and afraid any day.

I didnt want to get into a discussion of what could have been done because we can ALL second guess and we have reviewed lessons learned for this and moving forward, I just wanted to make the point of KEEP YOUR WEAPON ACCESSIBLE. We like in a dedent neighborhood, its just the neighbor hired some shitbirds.

EB

bacpacker
01-14-2016, 12:49 AM
Sorry to hear of the BS she had to deal with. Good on you for teaching her how to deal with shit like this. Even better on Lil Bravo for actually listening and learning. There are always lessons to be learned, but she did real good IMO.

Reminds me of some idiots a GC brought in to work on our house when we got hammered in a storm back in 2011. Buncha DAMN crackheads!

ElevenBravo
01-14-2016, 01:12 AM
Firm and loving instructions issued:

1 ) Reviewed ROE.. You cant shoot though the door, call 911, keep dispatch on the phone, yell at them you are armed, to go away, I called 911 and keep saying it over and over (*if* they/him/her is ACTIVELY trying to gain entry, of course)
2) As we always do, finger off the trigger until its time (if necessary)
3) If there fleeing, the danger has passed, you *cannot* (unless you have a badge) shoot someone in the back (and get away with it)
4) Stay in doors, forget the mail... only bills come in the mail and that can wait.
5) GET DRESSED & HOLSTER UP: Put your clothes on instead of lounging around in PJs, mostly so you have PANTS that take a BELT in which you wear your HOLSTER. She has seen me 80% of the time carry in the house so its not a foreign concept.. but she needs to have proper wear to wear the holster.
6) Nothing else.. just be observant as any other time.. As Ayoob would say "Condition Yellow"

She has read his book about Self Protection so she knows green, yellow and red.. which is a lot simpler than the terrorist threat color codes. You never really go green, your at varying levels of yellow.. red is an imminent active situation or a situation that appears to be goin south at 150mph.

She had already watched these with me a LONG time ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD3zIA6vJkQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGe_G3HDKFQ

Standing rule in our house: Never answer the door, instead... answer the window.

EB

ElevenBravo
01-14-2016, 01:18 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0553195190?keywords=massad%20ayoob&qid=1452737785&ref_=sr_1_22&sr=8-22

Heres the book I passed to her to read a year or two ago, I bought it new in the 90's, I think new, for like $9.. its worth gold for entry level new mindset thinking re-programming of the common citizen.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=The%20Truth%20About%20Self%20Protectio n&clk_rvr_id=966326953559&mfe=search

ElevenBravo
01-14-2016, 01:37 AM
For clarity: She has her own M&P 40, pouches, holsters and 6 mags- and AR (with mags, ammo and chest rig), same as I.

EB

helomech
01-14-2016, 03:33 AM
My son has had his AR with a full mag in his room since he was about 12. He also has a pistol, shotgun, 22lr, and a bolt action 308 in his safe he bought. When his friends come over I take the safe key from him.

Kesephist
01-14-2016, 08:53 AM
It's time, sir, to move that information thief curbside one stop shopping bin errr mailbox onto the front of the house.

Might have a nice chat with the GC the neighbor hired, about the cheerful subjects of aiding and abetting in commission of a felony, conspiracy, and other novel topics, if these jokers are using his providing work as a means of reconnaissance, and commit a felony while in his employ. Damn straight that said jokers will implicate him if they get caught.

I've not the faintest problem in the world with the notion of giving an ex-con work, provided he stays clean and knows his $#it. Nor do I have the faintest problem with dropping the entire world on anyone if he violates that trust.

Well, four cubic yards of it, anyway.

Sniper-T
01-14-2016, 11:12 AM
Well done to both of you!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/happy/cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Illini Warrior
01-14-2016, 12:06 PM
lots of crimes from these "Home Depot" parking lot hires .... people that hire a company just automatically assume that the guys working are vested employees .... next thing you know there's a nite burglary and the house is robbed or the other contractors on the job are cleaned out ...

that's just 100% bad ju ju to have those laborers wandering around the neighborhood ....

realist
01-15-2016, 01:58 PM
You guys are just stereotyping that these young business men were just looking for another opportunity.

Ya know it sounds like most of use think alike. My daughter and son have their own guns to and know how to use them. When my son was about 12 years old my wife asked him what he would do if some one broke in while he was home. I am sure she thought he would say dial 911..............nooooo my son told her he would get one of my guns and shoot the guy (hidden smile, proud papa). Well needless to say I was given some grief by my wife and it was worth it. I told my son so long as he could justify his actions he could do what was necessary. I never worried about locking up my guns to keep my kids from them. If you teach your kids proper gun handing at a young age their is no mystic about them. I always worried about their friends, so when they came over things were locked up.

ElevenBravo
01-15-2016, 11:10 PM
Good enough to git er done...

Im hoping when USPSA starts back up she will resume that activity..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykKXux5vbY

Sniper-T
01-19-2016, 04:45 PM
If only they made something that the dude could put into his ears, or put on over top to suppress the noise....

lol

Mighty fine shootin' Ma'am.