PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Veteran property tax exemptions

2die4
01-19-2016, 09:40 PM
I came across this website at work and figured some of you might not know about tax exemptions in your state. I certainly didn't.

https://www.veteransunited.com/futurehomeowners/veteran-property-tax-exemptions-by-state/

Hope someone can utilize this information.

bacpacker
01-19-2016, 10:54 PM
I sure hope this helps at least one person on here. Many others hopefully.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Well here in TN it was a great thing as far as the property taxes went. Then this year we're paying a third of that exemption back. Sooooooo they are back to chipping away at us veterans again. Guess the state was losing money. First they giveth, then they taketh away.

It's typical military, just like our paychecks were, they would give you a raise here then take it from some place else, never really giving you anything at all, ending up with the same paycheck sometimes less. Yet Joe public thinks we got a raise. I believe they call that a balanced budget.

There are some other good things like Hunting and fishing license, tags for vehicles, to mention a few. Of course these all depend on the percentage of your disability.

A veteran really has to be classified as 100% "Total and Permanent" disabled in order to receive these benefits. Good luck with that, us Vets have a hard enough time filing a claim much less getting it approved through the VA.

Sidebar: I personally recommend AMVETs over any other organization. Fast and efficient, worked excellent for me. Anyone near Nashville area PM me for details, I have a great source.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-20-2016, 03:38 PM
Update: Thanks to your thread I found out why............T.C.A. 67-5-704(a)
Changes the market value from $175,000 to $100,000. Sooooo now I know, .........assholes.

Guess we shouldn't have such a nice place, maybe we should have a shittier one.

2die4
01-31-2016, 05:21 PM
Well here in TN it was a great thing as far as the property taxes went. Then this year we're paying a third of that exemption back. Sooooooo they are back to chipping away at us veterans again. Guess the state was losing money. First they giveth, then they taketh away.

It's typical military, just like our paychecks were, they would give you a raise here then take it from some place else, never really giving you anything at all, ending up with the same paycheck sometimes less. Yet Joe public thinks we got a raise. I believe they call that a balanced budget.

There are some other good things like Hunting and fishing license, tags for vehicles, to mention a few. Of course these all depend on the percentage of your disability.

A veteran really has to be classified as 100% "Total and Permanent" disabled in order to receive these benefits. Good luck with that, us Vets have a hard enough time filing a claim much less getting it approved through the VA.

Sidebar: I personally recommend AMVETs over any other organization. Fast and efficient, worked excellent for me. Anyone near Nashville area PM me for details, I have a great source.
Still happens. A few years ago they gave us a "raise". With that, they raised another deduction thus leaving me -21.00 less every month. *starts cadence*
Oh Lord, I wanna go
But they won't let me go
Oh Lord, I wanna go hoo-hoo-hoooome EH!
They say that in the Army the pay is mighty fine
they give you a hundred dollars and take back ninety-nine.

jamesneuen
02-04-2016, 12:56 AM
Loved that cadence

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-04-2016, 02:31 PM
As it reads... in TN the non taxable cap was if your property appraised in at $175K or less, this time they lowered it to $100K. Guess that's how they paid for their raise this year, yippee! Do the math...............

OH cadence, how I loved to mold young minds......................another time perhaps.

Kesephist
02-04-2016, 05:09 PM

How much of the VA is actually veterans? Is the Secretary for Veteran's Affairs on the Presidential Cabinet a veteran?

It is a disgusting note throughout history and almost all nations... they who fight for a nation are pretty much ignored or derided after their service. There are notable exceptions, of course... Sparta, Rome, the Gurkhas of Nepal...

That rough men, willing to do violence in the night, so softer persons may sleep soundly in soft beds, are treated so...

THIS is what we took our oath for?

Balls.

I shall keep mine, though. If, for no other reason, to distinguish myself from less moral individuals.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-04-2016, 05:52 PM
As much "Intell gathering" as you did on my posts you should know the answer to that question. Also you said "THIS is what we took our oath for?" so that would make your questions rhetorical, yes? Or are you quoting someone else? Hey.......just sayin man :confused:

Kesephist
02-28-2016, 06:58 PM
As much "Intell gathering" as you did on my posts you should know the answer to that question. Also you said "THIS is what we took our oath for?" so that would make your questions rhetorical, yes? Or are you quoting someone else? Hey.......just sayin man :confused:

I loathe Socratic inquiry, it wastes time and does nothing in the teaching paradigm that regular teaching methods don't already do, except pump up the questioner's ego...or so I see it. If I ask something, it's 'cause I do not know.

The hope was for ironic, not rhetorical, on the ? about the oath.

One would think that someone disabled in service to the state might be given some sort of break, inasmuch as they were damaged in the course of that service. Depends, I suppose, on how much of a bunch of ingrates run said state.

If there is anything left in 2017, and if Comrade Hilary takes over, things will be worse for the disabled veteran. (Remember, this is the mate of Mr. "I loathe the military"... and she has always been more vile than he, just less able to act, or we wouldn't have this forum.)

Do not put past her the removal of the Cabinet seat for Veteran's Affairs, and/or flat out abolishing the VA.

Again, though, this assumes that Cases OUTLAW, TICKERTAPE or STATIC have not taken place.

jamesneuen
03-01-2016, 01:26 AM
Meh, I'll get my military percentage for retirement, then wage war with the VA over what I should get for a percent.

Only after all that is done will I worry about the little extras

Kesephist
03-01-2016, 09:18 AM
You served?

jamesneuen
03-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Still serving till they get off their asses and decide to finish my medical board.

- - - Updated - - -

That profile picture was taken while on a break in operations somewhere in the Caribbean.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
03-04-2016, 02:16 PM
If it hasn't been told to you before Gunner, make two copies of your Med and Dent record. One for you, one for the VA, from this point on anything that goes into it you update. Documentation is what you need........ON TOP OF YOUR MED BOARD......from the day you entered service, till the day you leave. This will be a process, but when you're ready PM me and I'll help walk you through. Only cause I like Puddle Pirates, I respect the shit out of what they do. Hoo-Yah! ..........oh and you to Jimmie!

jamesneuen
03-06-2016, 04:13 AM
Lol, thanks BWRR. I've got 3 copies made so far. One for me, one complete one for the VA and a separated one that is split by each disability. Makes the rating people happy I hear. I'm just on pins and needles to see what percent the military gives me and how soon.

I'm still going through a lot of medical crap and I like my current doctor but I want this clown show to be done with. So I'm torn 50/50 about what I want to happen.