PDA

View Full Version : You cant make this (range) shit up!

ElevenBravo
03-09-2016, 02:21 AM
Ill start with my Episode 1, of many more to come... if I am forced to continue to go to the public range...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDME-_Frzyw

- - - Updated - - -

Post your preference:

Menthol or Regular?

Nose over toes, or head over ass?

There is always SOMETHING to see, I need to take my Sony more often...

EB

ak474u
03-09-2016, 03:46 AM
That's like when we used to play "spot the gangsta" at the gun show. We usually found them near the high points, m-11s, and pistol grip mossbergs. Lol

Sniper-T
03-09-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't understand... he has a tactical vest on... doesn't that make him a player?

:rolleyes:

Gunfixr
03-09-2016, 12:26 PM
Ammo company likes him.

ElevenBravo
03-09-2016, 10:55 PM
He was bragging to his buddy about the weight of the vest, and how he had to carry more than that for years... and years. I threw up a little. Pudgy fuck was a REMP for 3 years (minimum contract) most likely, and was never a member of The Blue Cord Brotherhood, Id bet my nutz on it!

I wish I had more video of him, but I dont.. at one point Lil and me were loading mags and something flew across our table. I didnt see what it was. Seconds later hes looking around for the plug to his shotgun magazine (The part on the end of the spring, push end). I have NO idea how he broke his shotgun, but... he did. Maybe he was (ah hem) in the Navy instead??

EB

Sniper-T
03-09-2016, 11:15 PM
^
lol
I know nothing about any of that shit, but it sounds funny. I've never worn a tactical vest, or any of that stuff. so I don't really know. But if anyone wants to join me for an 8 hour night time track on a badly hit wounded bear by my buddy's kid, in a tight bush... I welcome you. and we'll have beers and backstraps after!

No disrespect to soldiers intended, I DO respect!!!!

Gunfixr
03-11-2016, 03:18 AM
Way back before the cell phone was popular, and cell phones could do anything more than talk, there was the day I went to a small semi-private range, to find a fellow who was drinking beer and shooting, with his very young son. He even shot his own pickup truck, just to see what would happen, according to him.

I left, didn't go back. Was a shame, kinda neat place.

T70
03-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Public ranges are scary places!!

helomech
03-11-2016, 06:33 PM
I have only been to a public range twice in my life.

Stormfeather
03-15-2016, 01:47 AM
Public Range nightmares...

I was the Head RSO for the day on a range, watched a guy load one round into a Para-Ordnance 1911, flip it over and push it up against his forehead and hit the go switch. Had grey matter hit the bulletproof glass right in front of my face. I sighed... flipped out the lights because he was the only person in the range at the time, walked over, flipped off the open sign, went outside, had a cigarette, walked back in, called the owners downstairs and told them what happened, let them call the police. From there I went to the cleaning closet and got the mop, hot water, Clorox, and gloves on, and waited for the silliness to end so I could clean up afterwards. I knew it was a done deal as soon as he was falling back, I could see sunshine from the lights overhead.
Do Not Scroll Down unless you have a good solid stomach for it..... Very Graphic.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/Military/3b8d1d52-b0f0-4b60-98ca-445b3fd0ee13.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Strmfeathr/media/Military/3b8d1d52-b0f0-4b60-98ca-445b3fd0ee13.jpg.html)

AlphaTea
03-15-2016, 05:48 PM
A range that I frequent in Columbus Ga has had several suicides in recent years. Why do yourself in where somebody has to clean up after you? Go out into the woods, or even your front lawn where you can be hosed away

RedJohn
03-22-2016, 01:34 PM
From there I went to the cleaning closet and got the mop, hot water, Clorox, and gloves on, and waited for the silliness to end so I could clean up afterwards.

Everytime it happened in our rage, we were forced to call for a special sompany to do the cleaning. These dudes were expensive.

realist
03-22-2016, 11:04 PM
What about just doing a wash down with a hose and some bleach...........

RedJohn
03-23-2016, 01:49 PM

Impossible. Body parts "have" to be disposed properly as per the law and we had to call a specialized company to remove them. Then they had to clean it all up.

Stormfeather
03-25-2016, 02:34 AM
Everytime it happened in our rage, we were forced to call for a special sompany to do the cleaning. These dudes were expensive.

You would think that would have been the case... but no, we was open later that afternoon after the cleanup.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, thats pretty much what it was. Bleach, Water, mop bucket, gloves, and glass cleaner afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

A range that I frequent in Columbus Ga has had several suicides in recent years. Why do yourself in where somebody has to clean up after you? Go out into the woods, or even your front lawn where you can be hosed away

I think the main reason people do it, is that they may not have access to firearms at home, so they go where they can access them and commit the deed. Its not like we can run a background on them and see if they are a 5150 or something like that. As long as they dont set off your spidey sense, theres usually no reason to deny renting them a firearm. Secondly, I think they choose to do it at a range, so as to not mess up their home so a family member doesnt have to clean it up. Thanks for being so considerate.....

robsdak
03-27-2016, 12:28 AM
stupidest thing i have seen at a range. 'quick draw mcgraw' shot his big toe off on both feet. yes, BOTH! almost 6 months to the day. left one then the right one. teaching himself to draw from a western style holster

this isn't range related, but i have been involved (lack of a better word) in 3. 1. we answered a call to a welfare check and walked in just in time to hear the 'click' of the firing pin. 2. was a suicide call. came through the door to find the gentleman sitting on the end of the bed looked fairly normal. had to close the door to read the entire note. he had started at the corner of the room and wrote it in 7 lies all the way around the room. never made sense, just babbling about gas prices, milk prices and the like. no marital or children issues, nothing. just paid everything off, including his truck and done himself in. had a good life, job ect. 3. a young man had relationship problems and took his on life in the woods by his favorite tree stand. it was caught on a game cam. this one wasn't really classified a suicide. a lady just walked out in front of a semi and was gone! just a greasy spot on the road.

realist
03-28-2016, 03:12 AM
Red John we have the same type of laws here. They get real upset when you leave body parts about for others to find them. Speaking of body parts, Rob you are being too hard on quick draw, he was just confirming what he did the first time should not be done routinely that is why he waited........

eagle326
03-28-2016, 02:07 PM
stupidest thing i have seen at a range. 'quick draw mcgraw' shot his big toe off on both feet. yes, BOTH! almost 6 months to the day. left one then the right one. teaching himself to draw from a western style holster.

Rob:
Hot Damn ; I think I can beat this guy in a foot race. :p

Stormfeather
03-28-2016, 04:07 PM
stupidest thing i have seen at a range. 'quick draw mcgraw' shot his big toe off on both feet. yes, BOTH! almost 6 months to the day. left one then the right one. teaching himself to draw from a western style holster.

Rob:
Hot Damn ; I think I can beat this guy in a foot race. :p

I would hope so!

eagle326
03-28-2016, 04:20 PM
I would hope so!

Yea me too. ;)

Fatty
04-05-2016, 03:06 AM
Getting yelled at by the RSO for rapid fire....

With a mosin nagant.

Walked off the range and never went back.

Fatty
04-06-2016, 12:42 AM
Meant to edit my post, not delete it. Oh well.

Stormfeather
04-07-2016, 03:29 AM

So... how did that turn out for ya?

Sniper-T
04-07-2016, 02:46 PM

I put it back for you!
:)

Fatty
04-08-2016, 01:41 AM
lol, thanks. I think I'll stick to posting from my pc only lol.

jamesneuen
04-09-2016, 12:59 AM
Rapid fire with a mosin? Video or it didn't happen.

That being said, have any of you seen the breakdown of the JFK assassination? With how fast LHO would have had to sight, shoot, cycle, and repeat in the amount of time that people said they heard between shots? I've tried it and there is no F'ing way I can see myself ever firing that fast, accurately, with the bolt action rifle he had. I know the man probably had for more and better training than I but still...... I couldn't do it on a stationary target, let alone on a moving one.

bacpacker
04-09-2016, 01:03 AM
IMO Oswald was like Mc Veigh, fall guy for a major conspiracy.

jamesneuen
04-09-2016, 01:31 AM
I dunno, I find stupidly obvious and heavy handed that the "coroner report" and tons of other information was somehow "lost" just before it would have hit the freedom of information date. (50 years?) There were so many red flags in how Oswald supposedly set up and the "magic bullet" theory. I just find the whole thing to stink more than a fish market.

bacpacker
04-09-2016, 01:55 AM
I agree. None of the released information adds up. So many conflicts and then the supposed killer gunned down by a well known piece a crap.

jamesneuen
04-09-2016, 02:06 AM
Great minds think alike my friend. I did one of my papers on it for a college class. But that was 2 computers ago.

I still love watching the discovery channel breakdown of it. SO MUCH INFORMATION!!!! It was what originally got me involved in it. But I digress, it is one of the few conspiracy theories I have put a ton of thought into.

The only thing I really will argue with people about is how his head went backwards when hit. That shot was from behind. I have put a melon on a post and shot it to prove the point a few times before. No idea of the physics behind it but it was one of the first things I tried.

After that I tried to change bullet direction drastically multiple times using some cow femurs. That one didn't add up but that's why they call it the "magic bullet".

Fatty
04-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Obviously there is no way to possibly rapid fire a Mosin. Atleast not to the Marine Corps definition of such. Once I realized the kind of rock I had standing before me on the range, thats when I promptly took my leave.

Gunfixr
04-12-2016, 01:28 PM
I was a member of a private range for over a decade. Was an ro for awhile, until my work schedule, and their increasingly nazi like policies made me stop.
Anyway, they considered the firing of shots quicker than one per second or two to be rapid fire. So, considering some folks with a bolt action, you could qualify there.
After a couple years where everytime I went, I left pissed off, I let my membership lapse.

There are several local public ranges that rent firearms around here also. Every once in awhile, somebody goes in and commits suicide with a rented gun.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

Socalman
04-12-2016, 02:44 PM
At some of the local indoor ranges that rent they will not rent unless there is a party of two. However when I wanted to try some different pistols prior to actually putting down money, one range will rent a gun IF you leave a gun as a deposit. They figure that if you already own you are not renting just to end your story.