PDA

View Full Version : The Man in the High Castle

ElevenBravo
03-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Started watching tonight, Ill let you know. 10 min in and its interesting.

EB

Domeguy
03-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Have you read the book? The show looked interesting, so I read the book as I have enjoyed some of his other works, such as "Do androids dream of electric sheep" which was made into the greatest movie ever made "Bladerunner".

AlphaTea
03-16-2016, 05:06 PM
I cant wait for the new season to start!

ElevenBravo
03-16-2016, 11:20 PM
They come in seasons?!?! I thought it was like a mini series...

EB

Domeguy
03-17-2016, 12:56 AM
It was also my impression it something like a 3 or 5 part mini series.

AlphaTea
03-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Bummer if mini series. Really left me hanging in the last episode.

Domeguy
03-18-2016, 02:40 AM
Well, with out giving anything away...the books ending just sort of ended. It didn't tell me anything much. A few of the characters at the end just decided, "ok, I guess that's just the way things are." To me, I like a big build up to the ending, then BAM, you sure didn't see that ending coming. But with this book, in my opinion, there was a big non ending, that fizzled out into not much.

AlphaTea
02-01-2017, 02:03 AM
Well, I finished season two.
I have to say, it was DEFINITELY better than season one. It gave a lot more attention to the character development which really made the story make more sense. I still have some questions though. The man understands that Julianna is central to the films, but he doesn't seem to know about the Trade Minister and his assistant jumping between realities. Is this where all of the canisters come from?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, I just noticed that we have two threads about The Man in the High Castle.