PDA

View Full Version : Im so mad, I just need to vent a bit

Domeguy
03-15-2016, 02:26 AM
I'm so mad right now I don't know what to do, or what to throw and break. I've had my stepdaughter living in our home for about 18 months. She's 31, married to a man in prison, and when she moved in, it was just to be 'for a couple of months so she could save up a bit of money for when he got out of prison'. He was supposed to be in for just a short time due to a misunderstanding with the court, but it's been well over a year, and I have no idea when he is to get out. My stepdaughter has been telling me lies all along from day one. Shortly after she moved in, my pain meds started coming up short. I thought the pharmacy was shorting me, so I counted all 120 of them when I had them refilled. The very next day, there were only 62 pills in the bottle. I got my wife and told her and her daughter. No one knows what happened, and there were only the 3 of us in the house. My wife believed me, but didn't do or say anything about if. Guess what happened 6 months later...yep. I was pissed, but again, nothing. My wife told me I have to hide my medicine in my own house. BULL SHIT. I Left 6 in the bottle, and 2 days later, there were only 5 in there. Step daughter had already gone to work, and told wife 1 was missing. She gets mad at me for "setting up her daughter". So after some yelling, I tell my wife she can't come back, I'm done with her. Some how it's all my fault, and I tell my wife, either stepdaughter leaves, or the both of you leave, because I'm not leaving my house. Wife is bearly talking to me now. I checked the answering machine yesterday and find a phone call from the county probation office, not saying who they are calling for. So I call them today to find out what they want. They were looking for stepdaughter. They ask a bunch oh questions, and I tell them everything she has told them is a lie. See told them her husband lost his job and now has cancer, looking for sympathy. I told them he is still in jail, and it all lies. So, she may be going back to jail, and again by my wife, it's all going to be my fault. This is just skimming the surface, but for years I have done all I could to help her, and this the way I get repaid. I'm done with the both of them, and if a divorce is in the works, I don't give a damn.

Stormfeather
03-15-2016, 02:30 AM
A smart plan would be to talk to the probation officer, tell him your suspicions as well when it comes to the theft of the pain pills, as she is probably selling them. As for your step-daughter, shes made her bed, let her sleep in it. Tough Love Brother.
As for her Mother... if she had been a better parent, maybe the family wouldnt be going thru this grief as well. She needs to either step up as a parent and cut her apron strings, or move out with her and find out exactly how bad it can get down that rabbit hole. Either way, COVER YOUR ASS. Money, savings, valulables, ect ect. You are a smart man, and you know the deal, make sure you got yourself covered.

piranha2
03-15-2016, 03:02 AM
Sorry to hear this, Dome. Going through the same thing with my stepdaughter. Difference is, I raised her from 18 mos. old. No way to explain some peoples behavior. It was a big part of my divorce and I would not change anything I did for all those years. I treated her like she was my own, but she rebelled and nobody knows shit except for her.

ElevenBravo
03-15-2016, 03:21 AM
1) Its always the "just for a little while" story
2) Its always going to be "till I get the money"
3) Jail or prison is never because of a "little misunderstanding"
4) family will always take advantage of you
5) the wife will always take the blood child's side
6) pain pills went somewhere, they dont just get up and walk away one day

Justification to be pissed? SURE!

However, please bear in mind that anger is not a productive emotion. Make decisions based on logic and they must we well planned and slow to action. Snap decisions in anger will not have the same final outcome.

This doesnt mean you wont come up with the same decision, but the execution may be better received.

BTW,
Id be pissed too! ;-)

EB

Sniper-T
03-15-2016, 11:03 AM
Sorry to hear DG; that surely sucks.

You need to talk to a lawyer ASAP. Whether or not you start the ball rolling towards divorce, you need to know where you stand, and what you need to be doing.

In the meantime, start putting things carefully away, leaving them with trusted friends. Need definitive proof, get a camera pointed on your med bottle...

And more than anything:

CYA!

Cover Your Ass!

AlphaTea
03-15-2016, 05:35 PM
You might want to do something to head off an order of protection by either of them. If they file an OOP on you, unfounded or not, you may lose your weapons.

jamesneuen
03-15-2016, 11:05 PM
The OOP can only justify removal of his weapons if they can prove he intends them bodily harm and they do not reside with him. They must make the effort to remove themselves from the situation prior to the police taking that step.

On the other hand, I would agree that having the opinion of the best divorce lawyer in town would be a benefit if only because then she couldn't be taken as their client once you consult them so you save the best for yourself. I'm on wife number 2 already so I've been there and feel for you boss. If you need anything I'm always here.

Katrina
03-16-2016, 05:08 AM
Sorry to hear this Dome. Prayers going out to you

Domeguy
03-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Does anyone remember about a year ago, when I reported she was arrested at work, only to find out it was a case of mistaken identitY, and how upset I was for her......WRONG. She lied...who would have thought that. She was arrested, for what I'm not sure of yet, but I plan to find out. I think that arrest led to the parole board looking for her this time. Mire when I find out something.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
03-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Dude, we need talk. I'm right across the Elk................ready for a camp out? A little "Thunder on the Creek?" Callin all ANTS!

Second: To ALL OF US, the internet is a dangerous weapon..............."Domegal" is a member of this site and anything that is posted could be used against DG in a DIVORCE court of law. So becareful........all of us. Just need to get that out there.

Domeguy
03-16-2016, 10:40 PM
She wouldn't even remember how to log on, but I think she is starting to understand I'm not the bad guy here. Her mother had gall bladder surgery today, and will be in Al for tonight and tomorrow, go back to work on Friday, and then we go to my son wedding on Saturday. His second, and they have been living together for two yrs, so it's not a huge deal. Luckly my ex wife won't be there, as I would definitely have to shoot someone after dealing with her on top of this. My wife is talking civil to me now, but come Sunday, I am going to need some honest answers from someone for a change. I think my wife knew all along and just didn't tell me. When I called the probation clerk, I gave them at first, my sons ex wife's name, the one who was arrested for child abuse on my grandson because the week before, someone left a message on my answering machine for her. When she didn't see her name, I gave her my stepdaughters married name and maden name, but neither one of those came up. About 1/2 hr later, I remembered she had a first husband, and gave them that name. The clerk said yes, that's the one and she just called in about 10 minutes earlier. She asked me some questions about her current husbands health and place of employment. I told her, yes, he did have a cancer surgery a year ago in prison, and for employment, he's still in prison. My step daughter had just told the clerk she hadn't been able to check in because her husband lost his job, and now has cancer. She asked if she still lived at a certain address, an I told her that's my address, but I kicked her out for stealing my pain meds. Step daughter told the clerk my address was her new address as of that date. The clerk told me they need to go and pick her up and give her a new address, the county jail. And that's the last I know. Lying to the probation officer is a real quick way to get back in jail.

And just so everyone knows, I think of most everyone here as a part of my family, like a brother I newer had. I want to thank everyone for their support and kind words. Thank you.

bacpacker
03-17-2016, 12:45 AM
Sorry to hear about all this DG. Sucks really bad. Sounds like you are working thru stuff pretty well. Just keep your head on straight and don't let all this shit get to you. Just stand your ground and make sure you get the straight scoop. Prayin for you Bro.

Vodin
03-18-2016, 05:39 PM
DG,
Sorry for the late response but I will voice a possible enlightening on your wife's side. Have her hold the pills after she counts what she is caring for. Then if anything disappears it should make her look a little closer at the situation.

realist
03-19-2016, 01:14 PM
BR that is so true, people would be surprised as to what shows up in court. If we do not want it repeated against us then everyone needs to think about the consequences before they post.

Domeguy I would not wish what you are going through on anyone. It sucks but it would be good to get some good legal advice before you act. It is important you do not act when you are mad. Most people, myself included, would do anything for our kids, the problem is when they overlook serious faults. Good luck

Kesephist
03-19-2016, 07:04 PM
What BWR and realist said. At least have the basic wit to confine to PM what gets said, if both parties have access here and it is only intended for one.

ch7ster
03-21-2016, 04:25 AM
Lay out your situation to an experienced divorce attorney. Often you can get an initial consult for little to no cost. I have several attorneys in extended family and often hear how beneficial it was for client to seek counsel earlier than later.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
03-23-2016, 03:11 AM
OK, just for general purpose I know it hasn't gone as far as the "D" word. So let's keep this as a support group. Only time will tell in these situations. Give them time to work this out if at all possible, in the mean time we are here to keep his dome "inflated". All the advice given I'm sure will prove worthy when and if the time comes. Me knowing the both of them, I want to see this thing worked out if at all possible. But our children can cause us to put the blinders on. BTDT.........So, I'll be here for "damage control" and to shore up any sagging overheads or bulging bulkheads till we get the ship under control. Just my roll-a-quarters.....and that's where I stand.

Domeguy
06-22-2016, 04:33 AM
Just to follow up on this for those who might be interested...things went very quick, maybe too quick, but I had been unhappy in the marriage for several years. And the stepdaughter shit was just the straw that broke the camels back. We have gotten a divorce, a no fault, one lawyer quickie special. I drew up the papers and took them to the lawyer. I keep the house, the cats, my retirement, everything. She moved out, sets up her own place all on her own. I agree to pay her a one time payment at a unknown time later upon the death of my stepmother of 30% of inheritance, I keep the 70%. So, she signed the papers yesterday, and now just waiting for it to go through the court system. I'm getting pretty good at this, and am currently accepting applications for the next future ex wife. Life is good��

realist
06-23-2016, 04:02 AM
My first wife cost me $90 because my attorney would not pay the filing fee. As to my second wife well she is still here and tolerates me, we have been together so long something tells me it wouldn't be $90 again.....

Stormfeather
06-23-2016, 04:28 AM
Let me see if my mom is still hooking up mail order brides Domeguy...

eagle326
06-23-2016, 04:41 AM
Let me see if my mom is still hooking up mail order brides Domeguy...

Beware Dome!! Filipino women ; Southern women ; Native American women will all kill you while smiling at you and get away with it if you piss them off too much.

Just saying. I'm sure Stormy will send you a marriage survival manual if you're so inclined to partake of his offer. :p

Domeguy
06-23-2016, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure if Stormy is offering up his mothers services, or serving to offer his mother up?

Sniper-T
06-23-2016, 11:41 AM
:eek:

Gunfixr
06-23-2016, 01:20 PM
I don't know, but maybe re-think this marriage thing a bit before the next one?
Maybe find a clean hooker? Probably cheaper in the long run. Just remember, you don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to go away quietly after.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

Kesephist
06-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Perhaps rehashing what the Dome has already done...

Bank would be getting notified most ricky-tick about any joint accounts. Sunder them, and reopen in other banks if possible. Ditto for insurance, if any.

Every lock in the house would be getting changed about now, internet passwords, system passwords, the lot. All these damn remote PC software packages (GotoMyPC, ETC) can be modded to hack. Changing the passwords will slow them down considerable.

Phone number change would be good too if it could be done with minimum fuss. Caller-ID and answering machine will help hold off on ulcers and shouting matches.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-25-2016, 03:45 PM
All I can tell you is I saw him yesterday and he has a smile on his face............now that being said it was Frontier Days in Lynchburg and there was eye candy a plenty (LadyHK)......................... or he's lost 10lbs and he's a little light in the loafers???????.............Maybe it was the strange text he received about some erotic babe that enjoyed his "horny jokes".................or maybe it's the fresh air from getting out of the dome where all the feline feces, dead rabbits, mice, garbage has piled up? (bachelor life)

Either way my report says he's GTG!............ Whew!:cool:

Domeguy
06-25-2016, 07:38 PM
Perhaps rehashing what the Dome has already done...

Bank would be getting notified most ricky-tick about any joint accounts. Sunder them, and reopen in other banks if possible. Ditto for insurance, if any.

Every lock in the house would be getting changed about now, internet passwords, system passwords, the lot. All these damn remote PC software packages (GotoMyPC, ETC) can be modded to hack. Changing the passwords will slow them down considerable.

Phone number change would be good too if it could be done with minimum fuss. Caller-ID and answering machine will help hold off on ulcers and shouting matches.

It's all been taken care of except for the phone numbers, but there won't be any problems with her. No ulcers or shouting matches. This was done now, so there won't be any of that in another 5 yrs from now.

- - - Updated - - -

All I can tell you is I saw him yesterday and he has a smile on his face............now that being said it was Frontier Days in Lynchburg and there was eye candy a plenty (LadyHK)......................... or he's lost 10lbs and he's a little light in the loafers???????.............Maybe it was the strange text he received about some erotic babe that enjoyed his "horny jokes".................or maybe it's the fresh air from getting out of the dome where all the feline feces, dead rabbits, mice, garbage has piled up? (bachelor life)

Either way my report says he's GTG!............ Whew!:cool:

I'm going to go with all of the above!

Stormfeather
06-26-2016, 02:10 AM
...Just remember, you don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to go away quietly after.

Aint that the truth.

Domeguy
06-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Aint that the truth.

I wouldn't know, as I've never had to pay for sex...they have been to busy pointing and laughing to actually take my money!

Gunfixr
06-27-2016, 12:04 AM
Oh, if you're having sex, you're paying for it, one way, or another.

Domeguy
06-27-2016, 04:27 PM
Being married..obviously I wasn't having sex. Being single again, I hope to change that. I've heard its a good way to spend a few extra minutes.

Stormfeather
06-30-2016, 03:20 AM
Being married..obviously I wasn't having sex. Being single again, I hope to change that. I've heard its a good way to spend a few extra minutes.

Minutes?!?!? Minutes?!?!?!

30 seconds... that includes cuddle time and a cigarette.

Domeguy
06-30-2016, 10:21 AM
Well what can I say...some of us are more interested in pleasing others first...I just have that natural gift to make women happy. It usually starts the second after the Judge grants the divorce to be final.

bacpacker
06-30-2016, 08:42 PM
You are Killin me DG.

Grumpy Old Man
07-09-2016, 12:40 AM
DG my final hearing is in August after 4 years. I will remind you that a man without a woman is like a fish without a bicycle!

ElevenBravo
07-09-2016, 02:37 AM
...and a cigarette.

http://smokersreviews.com/sites/default/files/marlboro-lights-100s.jpg

You should think of switching, 100's last longer...

EB

Domeguy
07-09-2016, 05:42 AM
DG my final hearing is in August after 4 years. I will remind you that a man without a woman is like a fish without a bicycle!

G0M, I'm sorry to hear that, or congratulations....which ever the case may be.

Gunfixr
07-09-2016, 12:53 PM
You guys are just bad, bad I say.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-12-2016, 01:58 PM
http://smokersreviews.com/sites/default/files/marlboro-lights-100s.jpg

You should think of switching, 100's last longer...

EB

Actually I still smoke the full flavor. Bad Rat, bad rat......he, he...

Gunfixr
07-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Shit, for only 30 seconds, I wouldn't even bother, myself.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Just thought I'd celebrate for you two (Domeguy and Grumpy) glad to hear things are workin out. Now you've had my public display of affection.......Carry on!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/sardog87008/Snoopy_Dancing_by_jessie4508_zpsn3aefb5x.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/sardog87008/media/Snoopy_Dancing_by_jessie4508_zpsn3aefb5x.jpg.html)

Domeguy
07-13-2016, 05:20 AM
Shit, for only 30 seconds, I wouldn't even bother, myself.

Well, actually when I say 30 seconds, I may have been exaggerating a bit...maybe more like 15-18 seconds. I was hoping someday to get a bit more practice...see if maybe I could get that down to under 10.

Gunfixr
07-13-2016, 02:22 PM
Lol. Takes longer to get undressed.

Stormfeather
07-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Lol. Takes longer to get undressed.

What is this "undressed" thing you speak of? Is it her birthday?

Domeguy
07-13-2016, 08:02 PM
What is this "undressed" thing you speak of? Is it her birthday?

I may be wrong here, but in my dealings with the class of ex wives I have known, I think this event is something like a total solar eclipse happening. It would happen only when her birthday occurs on the same day as a Major Holiday, and then the key determining factor would be also discovering you just happen to have a $3 off coupon at the Sizzler.

Gunfixr
07-14-2016, 03:51 AM
Apparently, I had good sex.
Well, back when I used to have it.

realist
07-14-2016, 04:17 PM
I've been married for 32 years, I remember something about sex...........ur.... wait google don't fail me now. OH that, I think we used to do that but that was a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal long time ago.

helomech
07-14-2016, 06:13 PM
You poor guys, I have been married 21 years and still have sex every day.

Domeguy
07-14-2016, 06:37 PM
You poor guys, I have been married 21 years and still have sex every day.

We are all very happy for you, but we are talking about doing it with a partner, not by yourself.

helomech
07-14-2016, 06:56 PM
lmao, marry a nympho.

eagle326
07-14-2016, 10:13 PM
Most women are nympho's if done right. :p

Just sayin'

ElevenBravo
07-14-2016, 10:42 PM
You aint met my wife... Ive tried, no luck. I may not be "built right" or "unskilled"...

EB

eagle326
07-14-2016, 11:34 PM
You aint met my wife... Ive tried, no luck. I may not be "built right" or "unskilled"...

EB

11B
Did you notice I said ( Most Women ) ? ;)

realist
07-14-2016, 11:36 PM
Well that most women does not include my wife. However now my ex that might apply............just saying......

Gunfixr
07-15-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm happy for you, Helo. At least somebody is busy.

I did it right, mine was a nympho, for quite some time.

Enter full hysterectomy, due to endometriosis so bad, the ovaries were fused to the uterus and could not be saved.
Enter hypothyroidism.
Enter fibromyalgia.
Enter crohns disease.
She says it's still good as ever, better each time than before. Just doesn't give a damn whether she gets any or not, so there really isn't any "each time" anymore.

bacpacker
07-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Dam fixer. That story sounds eirily familiar.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-16-2016, 09:36 PM
And now we take you to the "Men's Forum".......................... :cool: I'm good. So it's really come to this?

Stormfeather
07-16-2016, 11:21 PM
So... does axle grease or gun cleaner make a better cologne?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-17-2016, 08:47 PM
80-90 gear oil, my favorite................

helomech
07-17-2016, 09:55 PM
Burnt gun powder is my favorite

Gunfixr
07-17-2016, 11:21 PM
Black powder.

God, I love the smell of burnt sulphur in the morning.

Grumpy Old Man
07-18-2016, 02:44 AM
Most women are nympho's if done right. :p

Just sayin'

I know I'm great......I'm always satisfied!