PDA

View Full Version : What if? A NEW wrinkle in the game

Socalman
04-20-2016, 05:01 AM
If you did not read my original post in the thread What if? Are you ready? you should read it before going on with this thread.

Shortly after you read this thread another quake strikes and your home is so badly damaged or destroyed that you can not sleep in it. Do you have sleeping shelter RIGHT NOW? Think about where and how you are going to sleep.

bacpacker
04-20-2016, 11:15 AM
We would move out to our camper, assuming it hasn't rolled over or sustained major damage. If so, we will be in a tent in the back yard. Or set it up under our pole barn, dirt floor.

Sniper-T
04-20-2016, 11:54 AM
garage, woodshed, hunting shack. All more than big enough for our purposes. Short term: I have 7 tents, and enough tarps to make another 1/2 dozen shelters. If in winter, I have wood stoves, chimney, etc that can be added anywhere at a moments notice.

good to go.

Vodin
04-20-2016, 09:53 PM
We got a 4Runner and we heavy blankets, quilts and feather beds. Also got sleeping bags and tarps it wont be pretty cept for the quilts and blankets my wife makes but it will be warm.

realist
04-21-2016, 02:11 PM
I have reinforced all the sheds on my property so they would survive an earthquake. They would not be the Hilton but we could be comfortable. If by chance they were knocked down with the house it would have been a really big quake. Plan B would be live in tents. We have everything we need to survive. As for food I have dispersed my food stocks and would not have a problem.

Illini Warrior
04-21-2016, 05:33 PM
bugging out doesn't always entail leaving the property/area .... besides having your home damaged by a natural disaster you can be forced into a fall back position by raiders/looters .... just one of the reasons you need local caches of the necessities - that includes tent(s) and other camping gear ....

ak474u
04-25-2016, 12:10 AM
I have a 22x12 detached deck in the back, that will soon be covered, but if it happened today, I've got all the supplies needed to basically make it into a big tent.