PDA

View Full Version : Crows

Kesephist
04-25-2016, 07:50 AM
james, you mentioned in an earlier post your wearing collar rank with a dress white Naval uniform. I'm ex-Army from way back, and we had to wear rank patches on the upper arm, time in service and combat markings on the lower arm, and on the dress shirt under the jacket, collar rank.

What I could look up with the dress white EM Naval, the enlisteds don't wear collar rank until chief.

Dress uniform is ... well, I recollect it would sweat pounds off of you with ease in the heat and freeze you into a troopsicle in the cold for its lack of protection.

My last set, medals and discharge were all honorably dispatched after that dishonorable individual desecrated a Bible in public in January of 2009.

jamesneuen
04-25-2016, 05:23 PM
I'm not naval, I'm enlisted coast guard. We wear service dress blues. The crows go on the light blue shirt collar underneath your dark blue jacket.

We also wear rank, grade, and a stripe for every 4 years in service on the left arm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

jamesneuen
04-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Ribbon bars over left chest pocket and name pin on the right.

AlphaTea
04-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Does the USCG have Cracker Jacks like we did in the USN?

Kesephist
04-25-2016, 06:51 PM
USCG SAR are perhaps the best SAR outfit on the planet, and they are completely nuts, in the very best way.

I've heard and read a lot of accounts where they pulled folks out of the almightydamnedest situations. Dolphin drivers have gotta be insane, and Rescue Swimmers... they are the only group I -ever- heard of that make both SEALs and Rangers say "Man, they do some ***t even we can't do."

Semper Paratus, people.

jamesneuen
04-25-2016, 07:26 PM
Alpha, no we don't thank god

jamesneuen
04-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Kesephist I concur, though for completely different reasons. You have to be nuts to sign up for a career spent in those tin cans let alone jump out of them and then back in.

I have been in a helo a total of 3 times. Each time with more reluctance than the last.