PDA

View Full Version : It is Memorial Day Weekend

Stg1swret
05-28-2016, 12:13 PM
For many here in America, it is the start of the summer season, and all that is associated with it. Let us no forget all those who served and gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we may enjoy the freedoms we do.

eagle326
05-28-2016, 01:14 PM
Airborne!!!!!

bacpacker
05-28-2016, 02:48 PM
In honor of my dad Sgt. Jesse J Coffey, 1st/5th, 25th Inf. KIA 4/1/1966.
Never forget

realist
05-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Monday I raise my glass to my uncle who was killed while returning to the USS Wasp during WWII. I would have liked to have known him. Our family was lucky only one of four did not come back, others suffered worst. To all those who made that ultimate sacrifice to allow me to sleep soundly at night they will always be appreciated.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-28-2016, 05:22 PM
For many here in America, it is the start of the summer season, and all that is associated with it. Let us no forget all those who served and gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we may enjoy the freedoms we do.

I didn't forget you, I didn't forget ALL OF YOU. I didn't forget the guy wearing the "Tet Offensive Survivor" T-shirt yesterday at wally world. I shook his hand and said, "Sir, thanks for saving me a seat on the bus." He laughed his ass off, him and his wife and I chatted for a few. We thanked each other and agreed about our current situation and went on about our day. Nope, I'll always stand in the shadows of those who served before me. They did it first, they paved the way for me, for us, for all. SO yeah, I didn't forget any of you! For those that are serving now and after me, I'm here with you as well as the rest of us..............driving the bus. I'm just waiting to stop for the party!

So to all you Puddle Pirates, Jarheads, Grunts, Rotorheads, BubbleHeads, Squids, Flyboys, and other associated branches of said protectors of the Republic. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY BROTHERS AND SISTERS! "HOO-YAH"

I'm going to go do my chores..............

rice paddy daddy
05-28-2016, 08:11 PM
In warm rememberance of the 514 men of the 1st Infantry Brigade, 5th Infantry Division (Mechanized) who perished in the Republic of Vietnam.
Rest In Peace, my brothers.

Sniper-T
05-29-2016, 12:29 AM
God bless all who served.

Vodin
05-29-2016, 01:15 AM
I am unableto express a thank you great enough to all that have served and are serving.

Domeguy
05-29-2016, 01:50 AM
I was going to join the Air Force right out of HS, but due to color blindness, I couldn't get any of the positions I wanted. This has been a nagging feeling in the back of my brain for almost 40 years. I feel ashamed just because I didn't get my way, I didn't serve my country. Well, all of those brave women and men who gave the ultimate sacrifice of their life serving this great country didn't quite get their way either. So to every brave American, who has served this great country, and made it great due to your efforts, I say thank you for your service, which to me means more than the words, I truely mean Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

ElevenBravo
05-29-2016, 04:56 PM
XOXO to ya DG- We appreciate your willingness to serve but if you are a patriot standing guard on the home land, you are also serving your country. You can serve and protect in more ways than one. Give that some though bro... and change those negative feelings into positive ones! Thats an order! ;-)

When we have a million screaming chinese/koreans/you fill in the blank here running across our borders and your plugging them will freedom pills, you will know what I say has truth. ;-)

EB

eagle326
05-29-2016, 10:25 PM
I was going to join the Air Force right out of HS, but due to color blindness, I couldn't get any of the positions I wanted. This has been a nagging feeling in the back of my brain for almost 40 years. I feel ashamed just because I didn't get my way, I didn't serve my country. Well, all of those brave women and men who gave the ultimate sacrifice of their life serving this great country didn't quite get their way either. So to every brave American, who has served this great country, and made it great due to your efforts, I say thank you for your service, which to me means more than the words, I truely mean Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Domeguy ; You were no more hard headed than most of us. But look at it from this old vet's eyes.
You in your youth wanted a specific job that you truly believed fit your talents. You also had no advanced seeing of the future. So you stuck by you beliefs and chose not to enlist.
While it is true you could have chosen a different M.O.S. you didn't. You can brow beat yourself to death over not joining our ranks but I'll offer you my view if you don't mind.

In every person's life are choices they make that lead to their destiny if you will. Now being as one who could not foretell the future you went with your gut instinct. This is what most of us do and if we truly follow the path we believe in it'll lead us to our future.
When all was said and done you became the person who forms wood ; recites solar power technology that many of us can't begin to fathom and more as we all know within the colony.
Now be it far from me to criticize your choices. The path you chose eventually led you to the colony and your talents which most likely out weigh me in importance due to your varied fields is one reason in this old man's eyes sees you as a very important cog in this survival machine. Every person's path if followed in truth will lead them to their destination and your's was to be here helping your fellow ants.

So hold yourself up and continue the knowledge you've spread so far my brother.

None of us are cut from the same bolt of cloth ; But together we from a protetive blanket or shield if you will.

Eagle

Stormfeather
05-29-2016, 11:22 PM
Good Stuff, all of it.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
05-30-2016, 03:54 PM

For all those on board the USS SHTF..............COLOR BLIND MY ASS! You can hit an 18" white dot in a green hay field with an M1A and an AR15 modified by yours truly at 500yds. CONGRATS YOU PASSED IN MY BOOK! You're in my (WSF) Warrior Sphincter of Friends!

"Hoo-Yah! DG!

realist
05-31-2016, 03:59 AM
To my Uncle Walter, I would have liked to have known you. I raise my glass to you.