PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Survival Experts/Preppers for New TV Show!

salger
05-31-2016, 10:28 PM
Hello,

My name is Stephanie Alger and I’m a Casting Producer with Pilgrim Studios, a production company based in Los Angeles. We’re probably best known for our show “Dirty Jobs” with Mike Rowe.

I’m emailing you today about an exciting new show that we’re working on about people with survival shelters. On our show, we’ll invite participants to live in their shelters for a few weeks and film it. We’d provide a stipend AND stock the shelter, so it’s a great opportunity to test your level of preparation!

Feel free to email me at SALGER@PILGRIMSTIDIOS.COM for more info!

And/or

If you think you would be a good candidate for the show send an email to SALGER@PILGRIMSTUDIOS.COM with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and your shelter/bunker!

Stephanie Alger
Casting Producer
PILGRIM MEDIA GROUP
12020 Chandler Blvd., Ste. 200
North Hollywood, CA 91607
(818) 853-0229 direct
(818) 847-7938 fax
(818) 200-8947 mobile

ElevenBravo
05-31-2016, 10:40 PM
According to IMDB, Pilgrim is indeed a production company listed for some older shows.
12020 is a real building on Chandler N Hollywood CA as verified by Google street view,
but there is no signs outside to indicate residents.
My LinkedIn-Fu may be weak, I cannot find you (Stephanie Alger)

Im already disqualified, I dont have a shelter or a bunker. My mind is my primary tool. ;-)

EB

eagle326
05-31-2016, 11:22 PM
My shelter is Walmart ; Do I qualify ? :p

Stormfeather
05-31-2016, 11:40 PM
I got this email a few days ago and responded to them. (Only because I have talked to these folks before.) They are an actual company and they actually do good work. I did send them to our friendly website here, as well as others. I also informed them that they would be hard pressed to find anyone on our site who would be interested, (other websites would have more people who may possibly be interested) but you actually never know!
The guy I talked to was actually interested in information on questions to ask, what to look for, and what to look out for, so in that aspect, I think this group here would be especially beneficial because we are probably the best on the net in regards to no ego, no BS, and actually willing to help out people.
If this is something I should have forewarned the group here about, I do apologize. But as far as a reliable source of knowledgeable people without all the ego of say a large rifle named web forum, this probably is one of the best out there.

Sniper-T
06-01-2016, 12:36 AM
I wonder if she would be willing to come film up here in February... 100 miles from the nearest city?

lol.

Stormfeather
06-01-2016, 01:05 AM
They wont be filming til next year, and from what Im understanding, they will just be setting up cameras and viewing remotely. Zero interaction with the "bunker person"

salger
06-01-2016, 01:07 AM
I have not updated my Linkedin for quiet some time. You can find me at http://staffmeup.com/profile/stephalger77?ne=1

ElevenBravo
06-01-2016, 02:19 AM
Roger that salger, not a problem. Forums tend to attract the "questionable" while trying to look "official", SF's vouch is sufficient for me.

Were not the typical "paranoid" type, but rather the better educated type here, I think is what Im trying to communicate.

If your looking for the types that were starred in series that had a name similar to "Doomsday 'something or another'", I do not think your going to find it here... Most of us are "normal" folks working a job with families and level heads... yeah, boring.

We are a mix of preppers and survivalist, some a little of both.. but were grey folks that blend in with "civilization". However, we will be prepared for emergencies, problems or mayben even a million screaming (insert the country of your choice) soldier rushing the border. HA HA!

Im not a Bear Grylls (mostly because I refuse to drink my own urine) but I do fancy I have some woods skills that would keep me alive long enough to be found.

Ive been here for a while, there are a few truly active members... and I *think* Ive represented just about all of us to one degree or another. Many here have military backgrounds, some dont... and no one cares... Its more about the level headed exchange of information and having a common core group to talk to (since most co-workers and family so live in the moment we are 'weird' to them).

Thats all I can think of, Im flattered you posted here... best I can do is take my Flip camera on a camping trip and then a shooting range...

Cheers,
EB

- - - Updated - - -

PS
Your cute as a button, but dont tell my wife I said that!!

ElevenBravo
06-01-2016, 02:24 AM
I wonder if she would be willing to come film up here in February... 100 miles from the nearest city?

lol.

I hear January is a good time frame to truly enjoy the view!

Domeguy
06-01-2016, 03:50 AM
Hmmmm...well, team Dome is looking for a new replacement for the newly vacated and highly coveted position of Mrs. Dome. My dome could be described as my survival shelter...just one that has 3300 sq ft with granite countertops, tile throughout, solid oak doors, and lavishly decorated interior. Ah, shit...who am I trying to kid...its a dump. I guess it's to much to ask if she has purdy teeth.

Sniper-T
06-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Dg, click on her Staffmeup link. But I am pretty sure that she has at least 30 more teeth than your prerequisite. I'm not sure if that is good or not.

eagle326
06-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Hmmmm...well, team Dome is looking for a new replacement for the newly vacated and highly coveted position of Mrs. Dome. My dome could be described as my survival shelter...just one that has 3300 sq ft with granite countertops, tile throughout, solid oak doors, and lavishly decorated interior. Ah, shit...who am I trying to kid...its a dump. I guess it's to much to ask if she has purdy teeth.

Hmmmmm
Just an idea here Dome. I was thinking that maybe you could bait a very young female bear and raise her up proper. You know teach her to bathe in the pond or whatever you have available. Maybe a nice daily hot tub routine with a nice cold drink. ;)
If you can work your ju ju on her you'll have a big time hunting partner who can bring Big daddy home the bacon as they say ; perfect home protection and alarm system ; she can keep you warm on those cold nights. Plus she has really good teeth as well. :)

The possibilities are endless. You could end up the head of the bear clan and become a legend in the Great state of Tennessee and the known world. I believe a man of your talent and let's not forget that head size packing all of that brain power could pull this off. Just imagine taking a walk through the woods with sweet momma bear knowing you own the woods cause she's kick ass protective of her man.

She's low maintenance :
No dentist worries
No hair stylist
No manicurist
Doesn't need silverware to eat
No shopping sprees
Knows the best cave location in case you 2 want to go camping
Won't babble needlessly
Outdoors is her latrine
Toilet paper usage is cut in half

I could go on but you get my drift. You should post some pictures in the woods maybe to draw her out and charm her with your wits and other worldly looks. I have total faith in you big guy ; you can do this. :cool:

Sniper-T
06-01-2016, 12:37 PM
^
I like that!

If you venture North, you can grab yourself a Polar bear and enjoy the additional cost savings of not having to buy a white wedding dress.

Domeguy
06-01-2016, 05:44 PM
You know, at first I liked where this was going...good thoughts of my fellow ants trying to help me out. Then I remembered something about my giant head and being eaten by a group of nomadic bears. Now you guys wouldn't be trying to get rid of me would you?

realist
06-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Heaven forbid why would you think that?????????

Sniper-T
06-04-2016, 05:45 PM
You know, at first I liked where this was going...good thoughts of my fellow ants trying to help me out. Then I remembered something about my giant head and being eaten by a group of nomadic bears. Now you guys wouldn't be trying to get rid of me would you?

A group of bears is called a sloth, or a sleuth...

Oh, and no... we would never dream of that..........

lol

salger
06-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Roger that salger, not a problem. Forums tend to attract the "questionable" while trying to look "official", SF's vouch is sufficient for me.

Were not the typical "paranoid" type, but rather the better educated type here, I think is what Im trying to communicate.

If your looking for the types that were starred in series that had a name similar to "Doomsday 'something or another'", I do not think your going to find it here... Most of us are "normal" folks working a job with families and level heads... yeah, boring.

We are a mix of preppers and survivalist, some a little of both.. but were grey folks that blend in with "civilization". However, we will be prepared for emergencies, problems or mayben even a million screaming (insert the country of your choice) soldier rushing the border. HA HA!

Im not a Bear Grylls (mostly because I refuse to drink my own urine) but I do fancy I have some woods skills that would keep me alive long enough to be found.

Ive been here for a while, there are a few truly active members... and I *think* Ive represented just about all of us to one degree or another. Many here have military backgrounds, some dont... and no one cares... Its more about the level headed exchange of information and having a common core group to talk to (since most co-workers and family so live in the moment we are 'weird' to them).

Thats all I can think of, Im flattered you posted here... best I can do is take my Flip camera on a camping trip and then a shooting range...

Cheers,
EB

- - - Updated - - -

PS
Your cute as a button, but dont tell my wife I said that!!

Hi ElevenBravo!

Thank you for responding! I am glad you were able to find me!

This show is not going to be related to 'Doomsday Preppers' in any way. The goal for this show is to find relatable families that are prepared for the unthinkable or 'SHTF' situation. Not the people who have million-dollar bunkers or those who are unrealistically over the top stereotype. We want to show the truth and help educate the audience on what it really takes to be prepared in the event of a catastrophe where one would have to 'bug in' for a temporary amount of time to survive.

Please feel free to call or email me if you have any questions or for more info.

My email is salger@pilgrimstudios.com
Office line is 818-853-0229

Stg1swret
06-06-2016, 11:46 PM
Thanks for clarifying the premise of the show you are planning for everyone. "Doomsday Preppers", was pure entertainment, and cast preppers in a bad light. Most "bug in", or shelter in place scenarios will be relatively short term, less then 30 days. Should be interesting to see what you do with this, and how it is embraced by the general public.

Stormfeather
06-07-2016, 12:25 AM
Thanks for clarifying the premise of the show you are planning for everyone. "Doomsday Preppers", was pure entertainment, and cast preppers in a bad light. Most "bug in", or shelter in place scenarios will be relatively short term, less then 30 days. Should be interesting to see what you do with this, and how it is embraced by the general public.

I was talking to Blair about this, and relaying how in many instances, the issue that he is going to run into, is that anyone who has a bunker, and is a serious prepper, is that they will be concerned with OpSec in regards to location. A secret spot is only secret if nobody knows about it, lol! As Im sure many of you here would agree. The realistic issue that the studio is going to have, is the guy who wants his 15 minutes of fame, and is willing to divulge the location of his bunker/hidey-hole/BOL. Then it starts moving back into Doomsday Prepper mode and becomes a laughable content show that the rest of us sit here and shake our heads at, and think to ourselves..
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Strmfeathr/Mobile%20Uploads/GooseDoesNotApprove_zpslp8088ox.jpg (http://s95.photobucket.com/user/Strmfeathr/media/Mobile%20Uploads/GooseDoesNotApprove_zpslp8088ox.jpg.html)

realist
06-07-2016, 01:24 AM
Don't much have a use for the Hell's Angels but they used to have a saying which is truce, "Three can keep a secret if two are dead". Op Sec is important because a lapse can lead to you being one of the two.......

Stormfeather
06-07-2016, 02:15 AM
Don't much have a use for the Hell's Angels but they used to have a saying which is truce, "Three can keep a secret if two are dead". Op Sec is important because a lapse can lead to you being one of the two.......

I pointed this out to Blair, that once the location is known, then what happens 3-5 days later if SHTF, or 3-4 weeks later... a few people would be like..."I know where we can go... I know where theres a Bunker..." and thats how OpSec fails.

Stg1swret
06-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Location of one's BOL is a defenite problem, but could be over come. It all depends on how one wishes to get the cameras and recording equipment out to the site. If one is "bugging in" as Stephanie states, one may actually be at one's house rather then at a remote location. These are all details that would need to be worked out pre-production. There are ways around everything if one works at it. I'm currently corresponding with Stephanie, and I'm sure she'll answer the logistical and OpSec issue involved. From what I've heard so far, the production company wants to stay as faraway from "DoomsdayPreppers" type of show as possible.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-07-2016, 02:28 PM
I got this email a few days ago and responded to them. (Only because I have talked to these folks before.) They are an actual company and they actually do good work. I did send them to our friendly website here, as well as others. I also informed them that they would be hard pressed to find anyone on our site who would be interested, (other websites would have more people who may possibly be interested) but you actually never know!
The guy I talked to was actually interested in information on questions to ask, what to look for, and what to look out for, so in that aspect, I think this group here would be especially beneficial because we are probably the best on the net in regards to no ego, no BS, and actually willing to help out people.
If this is something I should have forewarned the group here about, I do apologize. But as far as a reliable source of knowledgeable people without all the ego of say a large rifle named web forum, this probably is one of the best out there.

OH.....by the way I'm bringing some friends over to your house for dinner. I won't be coming but I gave them directions. They didn't say when they'd be there..............oh, they've arrived! Nice job Stormy, dipshit!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-07-2016, 02:35 PM
OK, so I'm going to see how this one plays out, by the way, you can't see me, I'm hiding under Domeguy's house. You gotta love the cave systems in TN, they go everywhere!

Stg1swret
06-07-2016, 02:50 PM
You have to look at this for what it is. Pilgrim Productions is looking for people to volunteer. I m sure that there will be some willing participants under the right conditions. No one is getting their arm twisted to volunteer. If they don't get enough participants, I m sure they will scrap the project and move on to other projects. Even a prepping 101 type program might be in the mix. Let's face it "Doomsday Preppers",was a farce, and a slap in the face to those of us who are serious about being prepared for a real world SHTF event. No one with any common sense is preparing for a zombie invasion, or fighting off the entire 3rd world.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Yes, I concur and you might have noticed the sarcasm dripping from my previous posts :rolleyes:

Like I said, I'll watch from the cheap seats and try not to derail the thing.

Stg1swret
06-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Actually talked to the young lady today. They have two more weeks to go in their casting search for willing participants. Stephanie says this has been quite a learning experience for her. If I had a bunker/shelter I might give it a shot. Anonymity seems very high on her list for whom ever may agree to being filmed. Couldn't really get into how they were going to assure that, as I caught her just before she was about to go into a meeting. She did however express gratitude to all who, gave her advice, and plans on returning here should the production company have other prepper related projects. We'll have to see if this project gets off the ground. Further details as I get them.

ElevenBravo
06-08-2016, 01:17 AM
No one with any common sense is preparing for a zombie invasion, or fighting off the entire 3rd world.
Speak for yourself, skirt man! HA HA!

realist
06-08-2016, 02:16 AM
Third world, no I don't live anywhere near Chicago, so I'm good, only Zombies

Illini Warrior
06-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Third world, no I don't live anywhere near Chicago, so I'm good, only Zombies

when you talk 3rd World you're not talking Chicago - the southern border states is 3rd World Central .... not only the entire spectrum of the Southern Hemisphere but all kinds of POS creeping across the border from Africa & Asia .... and now Obammy is seeing to it the they get more than share of the Muslims being allowed in ....

Chicago has their hands full with the domestic watusi tribes ....

Stormfeather
06-08-2016, 12:18 PM
OH.....by the way I'm bringing some friends over to your house for dinner. I won't be coming but I gave them directions. They didn't say when they'd be there..............oh, they've arrived! Nice job Stormy, dipshit!

Any friends of yours is always welcome to dinner at my house BW!

Sniper-T
06-08-2016, 01:08 PM
hmm... she certainly didn't express a lot of enthusiasm for coming up to Canada. lol

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-08-2016, 05:51 PM
Any friends of yours is always welcome to dinner at my house BW!

Actually I think you know I'd rather just bring me and the little lady. We got a lot of catchin up to do........