PDA

View Full Version : Member Drive

RedJohn
02-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Please don't forget to invite your like-minded friends to signup here.

TEOTWAWKI13
03-15-2011, 07:05 PM
I've been (cough, cough) recruiting...

RedJohn
03-15-2011, 07:09 PM
I've been (cough, cough) recruiting...

Yeah, I noticed. Thanks a lot.

TEOTWAWKI13
03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
All good brotha. Good people on this site. And my dad was 173d Airborne attached to 5th Ranger. I kinda have a no man left behind attitude. :)

bacpacker
03-17-2011, 12:25 AM
It looks like I'm still batting ZERO

The Stig
03-17-2011, 12:42 AM
What do you mean backpacker? Have we been running people off already?!V

RedJohn
03-17-2011, 12:46 AM
I think he says that he did not bring anybody.
It is nice to bring people, but it is not mandatory.

bacpacker
03-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Rj is correct. I've invited some folks but haven't seen any of them yet. Still workin on it.

The Stig
03-31-2011, 01:31 AM
So guys...how do you think the site is developing?

What do you like? What would you like to see different?

Seems like after the initial rush participation has slacked off a tad. We all lead very busy lives but RedJohn and I wanted to make sure there wasn't a reason (that we could control) why things seemed to have slowed down.

Also, what drives site participation is members and content. You guys have done a great job with finding new members and adding content. We look forward to seeing that trend continue as we push the site forward.

Twitchy
03-31-2011, 02:49 PM
So guys...how do you think the site is developing?

What do you like? What would you like to see different?

Seems like after the initial rush participation has slacked off a tad. We all lead very busy lives but RedJohn and I wanted to make sure there wasn't a reason (that we could control) why things seemed to have slowed down.

Also, what drives site participation is members and content. You guys have done a great job with finding new members and adding content. We look forward to seeing that trend continue as we push the site forward.

Same over at another site im on... It's most likely temporary...

bacpacker
04-01-2011, 01:03 AM
I personally like the site very well. In particular, there is no BS post on an hourly basis, I can't recall any flaming against anyone. Seems as if everybody is just sharing what knowledge, expereince they have. Along with a little good nature humor thrown in here and there.

I wouldn't worry about things slacking off much. I ran a weekly ham radio net for 11+ years and spring/summer always saw a drop in traffic. Folks are getting outside mowing, gardening, playin with the kids. Just not as much time available. For my part, there is nothing I've seen wrong that has turned me away. I tend to check the site several times through out the day, some of the time on the phone. That does slow me down from posting some, usually until I get home and on the computer.

I don't post a lot of new threads, but I (hopefully) do get some out that generate some interest. I more tend to comment on other posting's. I will make an attempt to add more original post as topic's come to mind. One last thing, I think this site has a great group of pretty much like minded folks that are working toward very similar goals. That is a winning combination in my mind.

RedJohn
04-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

The Stig
04-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Yes thanks for the kind words.

Just for clarification, speaking for myself, I don't mind the discussion of causes of SHTF events. If a natural disaster takes place it's worth discussing it. The Japan situation provides many different angles for discussion. A discussion about the aging power grid and the different situations that could cause it to fail seems worthwhile. If folks want to kick around different scenarios I think that's a valuable tool for preparedness.

So we're not dead set against the cause of SHTF discussions. What we're dead set against is turning this into the National Enquirer of prepping websites. There is much to be learned by discussing the causes of SHTF events, especially when the discussion includes potential responses to said event. In other words, if you can tie in a prep related discussion/lesson to the causes of SHTF events that is a great thread.

What RedJohn and I feel is a useless thread?

"What do you you think will cause SHTF?" threads
Threads discussing tinfoil conspiracies about government take overs, UN invasions or FEMA death camps.
Unrelenting debates about EMPs, their possible causes, their effects and their probabilities
Discussions about how "they" are engineering the collapse of the US for "their" own good
"When will SHTF take place" threads
Daily threads about EMP's
Threads more focused on government conspiracies than prepping
Threads predicting the downfall of America
Threads rehashing the latest prophecy of doom from some "expert"

I'm probably not being very clear.

I guess the simplest way of saying it is this: If you can tie a "shtf event cause" thread back to how you would prepare for it you are good-to-go. Avoid cheesy pop-corn threads, or those that make the place look like a bunch of paranoid nuts.

We're serious people discussing being prepared on as serious level. Your thread should reflect that. If it does, then you are cleared for takeoff.

RedJohn
04-02-2011, 10:38 AM
I have to completely agree with this statement.
As long as it is not tinfoil material, but hard facts, I have no problems talking about the reasons SHTF could come.

mitunnelrat
04-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Does this mean, that even though there have been sightings in my area, I can't talk about getting a campsite perimeter alarm against Bigfoot?

lol... Sorry about that, I had to! :D

RedJohn
04-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Only if there are 2 zombies with him.

mitunnelrat
04-03-2011, 03:59 AM
lol... I think they're on their way to France... ala 28 Months Later... so I won't find any around here. Guess I'll just have to restrain myself and stick with only discussing what I'm doing, and not why.

RedJohn
04-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Do you think zombies will come eat your brain?

You certainly can talk about your reasons. What we want to avoid is the stuff that we see on other sites.

mitunnelrat
04-03-2011, 02:11 PM
smartass movie reference on that last one. ;)

28 Days Later had a sequel called 28 Weeks Later. And in that an infected boy flew over to France. They left it open ended enough, imo, for another sequel.

Tactical-Adventure-Gear
04-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Tactical-Adventure-Gear here. ZombiehunterEky told me about the place so here I am. Ready to share any info I have in this small and overworked brain of mine.

TAG

RedJohn
04-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Welcome to you. Any info is good.