PDA

View Full Version : More malice from Moonbeam 2.0

Kesephist
07-02-2016, 05:58 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/california-governor-signs-strict-gun-bills-article-1.2696412

Hope to Heaven this doesn't spread.

Kesephist

KI7CIL, General class

Domeguy
07-02-2016, 06:08 AM
(Banging head against a wall)...stupid...stupid...stupid...stupid...

helomech
07-02-2016, 12:40 PM
How can a governor change law. I though that was what the legislative branch did.

Illini Warrior
07-02-2016, 12:43 PM
How can a governor change law. I though that was what the legislative branch did.

he signed them into law before going on vacation - they were rubber stamped passing thru the state congress ....

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-02-2016, 01:49 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/california-governor-signs-strict-gun-bills-article-1.2696412

Hope to Heaven this doesn't spread.

Kesephist

KI7CIL, General class

Don't know what to say except "good luck coming to my house" those people are idiots......... By the way CONGRATS! on getting your General, General!

realist
07-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Well I bought some 10 round mags so the kids can be in compliance. The one thing about the bullet button law people don't realize is they will all be an assault weapon. What that means is I will shit can all my bullet buttons and replace them with a regular magazine release so they will work the way they are suppose to. It will take about a year before we can all sort this POS of out.

WARNING we have Gavin Newsom who will be Governor next time. From there I figure he will run for President, which I would bet on and then we will be really in trouble.

Good news: I now live in the 10th most expensive area of the nation. We have kicked around possibly moving in the future. However my wife always wanted to wait until my daughter was out of college. However with the insane prices people are getting for homes in our area we are reconsidering. The area is fantastic, it is just the politics, taxes and liberals that make it a cesspool. So what are we going to do? Probably move out of state to some area which is more conservative and where we can pay cash for a place and have no debt. So here is to hoping we will be able to do this maybe in about a year. We will see...........

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Well.............TN's not to shabby as far as your requirements go. However I think the sand people (being polite) are encroaching more and more but we are keeping tabs on it. They want to capture the center of the Bible Belt. We have all the resources, wildlife (food), water, change in the weather (seasons) that is tolerable. Cost of living is a plus for sure. The people are a hell of a lot nicer that's because some of us Ants are here!

Kesephist
07-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Good news: I now live in the 10th most expensive area of the nation. We have kicked around possibly moving in the future. However my wife always wanted to wait until my daughter was out of college. However with the insane prices people are getting for homes in our area we are reconsidering. The area is fantastic, it is just the politics, taxes and liberals that make it a cesspool. So what are we going to do? Probably move out of state to some area which is more conservative and where we can pay cash for a place and have no debt. So here is to hoping we will be able to do this maybe in about a year. We will see...........

Do NOT put off such a move til "the sweet bye and bye" if it can possibly be helped. That "bye and bye" could get soured in the blink of a November Tuesday.

Sniper-T
07-03-2016, 02:06 AM
ok... so we are restricted to 5 round mags... (for rifles), but bullet buttons??? wtf?

seriously?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-03-2016, 04:29 AM
Bullet buttons...........I had to really think about that one. I mean I've been working guns for years and I don't recall ever hearing "bullet button" before. If you have to have a special tool to release your mag then why own the damn thing, seems kinda pointless to me. Also makes me sound ignorant not knowing what a BULLET BUTTON is!

It's that little button on the back of the bullet that you push to make it fire right?

realist
07-03-2016, 03:04 PM
A bullet button replaces the magazine release, it prevents you from pushing in the button. The button has a hole in the middle which you insert the tip of a bullet, to release a lock, which allows you to push the button and remove the magazine.

Stupid - yes but you gotta lov them. Why, well it is screwing with the anti gun people. When California decided it wanted to ban the evil black gun it was simple so they passes a law, "Colt AR-15" rifles are now illegal. Done deal right? Well I have a Bushmaster not a Colt so mine is legal. Then they complained that is not fair, that is not what they meant, they wanted all "Assault Weapons" banned but could not come up with a definition. Okay we got them now you can not have a semi-auto rifle with a pistol grip, flash hider and a removable magazine. So you can not have a readily removable magazine, it needs to be fixed, ie tools needed to remove it. Well enter the bullet button which uses a tool, bullet button to remove the magazine. But this makes it too easy to remove the magazzzzzzzine, too bad its a tool. Okay so now we ban the bullet button!!!! Well there is already a new fix for it so there will be more pissing and moaning. The one thing they did do is pass a law ALL magazines over 10 rounds are illegal. They are putting restrictions on ammunition and internet sales.

If we can just take all the guns away from these people then everything will be good and no one will ever be shot again by those things because they are illegal and no one would have one because it would be illegal and no one would break the law because that would be illegal but that would not happen because they could no longer get a gun because they are illegal.........breath, breath, breath.........

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-05-2016, 02:01 AM
Thank you I have now been edumacated, damn you gotta move! I guess my brothers have to be careful what they take to "that damn cabin" now too!

From LadyHK......."Sucks to be you!" "Love you mean it!, Really!"

realist
07-05-2016, 01:04 PM
You gotta love the ingenuity of some people. The guy who made the original bullet button has come out with another fix for the ban. Now you have to push the rear pin to open the receiver and it allows you to remove the magazine. This guy must have a good laugh. every time they make changes, he counters their move.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Well I'm glad somebody is staying ahead of these "elected officials" .............as I watch the news and, well you know it's just going to be an ugly few months. Then again it could be an ugly rest of our life the way things are going. Not to sound dismal.

Socalman
10-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Many of us here in California worked very hard to pass a referendum that would have put these laws on the Nov. ballot. We had 90 days to get about 365,000 VALID signatures. Unfortunately we fell short and they will go into effect.

The next step is to challenge them in the legal system and there are efforts underway to do that. Groups like the Firearms Policy Coalition, Cal Gun Owners and the NRA are all involved. I hope they would work together and not duplicate each other. The bad thing is that the legal system could take years. If Hillary makes appointments to the Supreme Court and it goes that far, chances are we lose.

Kesephist
10-26-2016, 10:23 PM
Well I'm glad somebody is staying ahead of these "elected officials" .............as I watch the news and, well you know it's just going to be an ugly few months. Then again it could be an ugly rest of our life the way things are going. Not to sound dismal.

I thought >>I<< was the resident pessimist.

But you're quite right, as regards direction if not magnitude. And backroom brewed laws such as are happening in the People's Republic of California are NOT HELPING.

I had heard that other non-gun businesses were issuing challenges. Not from concern about guns, but about THEIR businesses being next.

dry zayn tag

Kesephit