PDA

View Full Version : Passion and Posting

Stg1swret
07-09-2016, 12:41 PM
In light of recent events, and responses to other subjects we all feel strongly about, I feel the need to speak out a bit. I am doing so, not so much to chastise anyone, but to offer a little advice. Before you post stop and think about what you are about to say. You lose me, and I stop reading what you have to say when you start name calling. Make your point using logic and facts. You don't like a policy , or what a politician is doing, explain your objection to it, or him/her. Children use name calling, etc., when they can not defend an action through logic. We all have good points to object to various policies, laws, and proposed actions by our government and politicians. Why ruin your argument and objections by resorting to insult. We here are all better then that. Just my 2 cents.

ElevenBravo
07-09-2016, 01:43 PM
I havent seen anything that was juvi as of yet (here), at least as far as I know... but for all I know you may be talking about something *I* posted. At any rate, you make a good point and reinforces what I should already know, think before post, stay on topic.

Thanks-
EB

edit:
Im not saying it was never posted, but either I have not seen it, or I didnt recognize it... Still good to be mindful in your posting.

bacpacker
07-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Sgt you make a good point. Like EB I haven't picked up anything specific, but I tend to spout without thinking sometimes myself. Great reminder. It's always better to use well thought out arguments in any discussion to get a point across.

Vodin
07-09-2016, 03:46 PM
I will make a better effort to stay on subject. That is something I need to improve on. Thank you Stg1swret.

Domeguy
07-09-2016, 08:08 PM
As the undisputed champion of going off track and killing a post, you make a valid point.

Sniper-T
07-09-2016, 11:35 PM
there have been many political/antpolitical posts lately... while interesting, we must remember, that that is NOT the focus of this forum.

So, unless Obama and Hilary's latest indiscretions have changed, or initiated your updated prepping style, and you are posting a prep related post... don't post it here. save that for facebook.

ElevenBravo
07-10-2016, 12:28 AM
Given the CURRENT (read: at this very moment) political climate, were talking about how the ebb and flow will effect us in PREPPPING. I dont think anyone is discussing which person to vote for, or not.. and thats not what I came here for either.

bacpacker
07-10-2016, 01:57 AM
I can see both sides. This site has been great at keeping pure political crap at bay. However, a discussion of current events political or otherwise is crucial in this environment. We are spread across North America and there is no way any one person can keep track of all the stuff going on across the board. Having all the crap that is going on from all the shootings from terrorist such as san Berdadino and Orlando to Dallas, to the individual incidents in La, Mn, Tn, Mo, and Ga. this week. To the events with the FBI. We all have so many issues that we face, some for all of us, other more locally.
Having an area we can go discuss these things is critical for planning our responses and our future. IMO talking about who you are or are not voting for is a great deal different than talking about different issues that we face however political they may be. To a large degree much of what we may face is directly generated from politics, as ugly as they are.
I will follow the wishes of our Mods as they do a great job across the board. I do not want my post taken the wrong way, but I do feel the need to throw my .02 out there.

ElevenBravo
07-10-2016, 02:07 AM
10-4 bp

RedJohn
07-10-2016, 07:35 AM
You guy understand and this is great. Don't forget to post in the right categories also. I have been moving threads lately and also removed some as well. Please remember that:

General Discussions is under Prepping. Only discussions that are related to prepping and don't fit in the other prepping directories. All other GD discussions should go under Town Hall.

Also remember that there is a specific category for breaking news.

Politics don't belong here unless they have a direct impact on what you should prepare for right away.

Please guys, let's not turn this place into the other ones.

If you feel an urge to do it, let's talk. I can create another forum where anything can be talked about. Come up with a domain name (letstalkbullshit.com) and I will finance it and create it.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Did not realize that this domain is already a site. :D

ElevenBravo
07-10-2016, 02:50 PM
I would just assume keep the politics and other bullshit out of the site, its one reason I come here rather than else where, plus the only friends I really have, live here.

As far as moving threads, we may not always pick the right forum to put it... thats just the way it is.. if it needs to be moved, move it.

Deleting threads: One got deleted earlier, I forget the title. Its not me to question why, but it would be nice if the participants were PMed or something with a brief reason why so we can better police our own keyboard. Just a suggestion. I was part of that thread, nothing raised a flag, its gone and Im confused. I guess its the OCD in me that whats to know why. HA HA!

Thanks for everything RJ-

EB

RedJohn
07-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Usually, I don't delete but move it to a special place in the admin forum. For some reason, this time, I did, so no way to recover it.