PDA

View Full Version : TARFU - Long Hot Summer

Stg1swret
07-10-2016, 11:14 AM
It is going to be a long hot summer, and events are just starting to show us what will likely be in store for everyone across the country. Major metropolitan cities will be areas to avoid due to protests and riots of one form or another. I have no crystal ball, and am not receiving visions fro on high, but base my predictions, on years of experience. Old age does have its advantages.

We have all seen the news reports about the protests and subsequent violence as a result of the shooting by police of two black men, one in Minnesota, the other in Louisiana. Protests have begun in major cities and are likely to spread. The introduction of the "New Black Panther Party", a militant group advocating the killing of whites is ratcheting up the tensions. Into this mix we have a very contentious political race for the White House. The political conventions in Cleveland and Philadelphia will just and to the already inflammatory situation that currently exists.

None of these situations are going to go away soon. Add to this the fact that as temperatures rise so do tempers. It will not take much for this powder keg to go off. People on either side of the issue are not listening to each other. While there are many that are looking to our political leaders for guidance, it is not forthcoming. Into this void, steps the mainstream media, who for the most part are just stoking the fire.

Police departments in large cities are going to be overwhelmed when these protests ignite, which in all probability will happen with great frequency as the summer goes on. Look for federal agencies and the national guard to be called in to try and restore order.

So what should we do? Continue prepping as normal, stay out of , or avoid trouble spots if at all possible, and pray that cooler heads prevail. It is easy for a confrontation to get out of control, it takes almost superhuman effort to De-escalate one.

Stay safe, keep your head on a swivel, your ear to the ground. We are in for a bumpy ride.

Illini Warrior
07-10-2016, 01:41 PM
I'd like to agree 100% - but - I actually shutter I read something like your posting .... it gives a wrong sense of security ....

the threat is openly against cops - and specifically white cops - and in some quarters less and less privately against whites in general .... we are facing the very same things the Jews in Israel have been battling for several years .... the cops and military got to be too tough a nut to crack - the Muslim attackers were just as satisfied getting on the bus with innocent little old babushka ladies ...

what's an hour or two drive outside of the city to someone bent on attacking innocent people and keeping it racially or religiously specific .... just because you aren't in a city or having protesting anywhere in the state doesn't seem to make any difference - the violence can crop up anywhere ....

keep your head on a swivel no matter where you live .... if something doesn't look correct - don't be PC bullied into ignoring it ....

ElevenBravo
07-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Also, in the absence of a white cop, a white anybody will do.... Im not being racist, but being non PC factual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM

I always carry, the only thing changed now... I also keep an extra mag on me. There are two on the night stand, and two in the map pocket of the driver's door.

Do I *want* to use it? HELLL NO! But I also dont want to be paralyzed, killed, family hurt, etc.. etc..

This makes me think of a whole other thread that I should spawn because I dont want to get into a "why do I carry" thing here.

EB

- - - Updated - - -

<snip>... the violence can crop up anywhere ....
And without warning.. Just because its calm this minute, doesnt mean it will remain that way the next. Keep your head on swivel, gas tank at least 3/4 full, spare mag and flashlight close, have an "out plan", avoid troubled or suspect troubled areas if at all possible. Teach the rest of the family the same.

EB