PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Willow
08-25-2016, 05:11 PM
Thank you for letting me join your forum! My husband and I are in the Tennessee area and look forward to meeting like minded individuals!:D

Sniper-T
08-25-2016, 05:17 PM
Welcome aboard! We have a strong and capable contingent from Tennessee.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-25-2016, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard! Glad you made it, "we" can vouch for ya just don't screw it up! (sarcasm) We are all here to learn, pass on knowledge from a (dare I use the word) diverse background of AMERICANS..........what's left of us. Have fun, ask questions, dive in and pass on what you know as well. You are more than welcome to resurrect old posts as far as I'm concerned, because you might need some answers. Don't take anything personal because as you go through the site you'll see some poisonous barbs being thrown around but it's all in jest or is it joust? No matter, I hope you found a new home. Don't forget to bring your hubby!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome aboard! We have a strong and capable contingent from Tennessee.

Funny, I haven't seen you down here yet? Thanks for taking care of Domeguy for me Brother, sounds like he had fun.

Willow
08-25-2016, 06:20 PM
Thank you both! The hubby will be very involved too! Thanks again Brownwater Riverrat for bringing me here ;-)

bacpacker
08-26-2016, 12:46 AM
Welcome aboard the group. Pull up a log and sit around the campfire. There is a great deal of info on here, but never shy away from throwing your .02 (well $2 with inflation) into the mix. Great bunch of people on here, but there is all kinds of verbal sparring goes on to. All in good fun.

eagle326
08-26-2016, 02:27 AM
Willow
Welcome to the colony. Hope your stay with us is enlightening for all to and fro. With that being said the Tennessee group is as stated strong and capable. Now they're a rascally group and damn good at what they do.But you have to keep an eye on those testosterone filled guys and their equally matched Southern Belles. They're a humorous bunch as you'll find anywhere ; yet serious as a heart attack.

But worry not for Grumpus Maximus and I being the only 2 sane ants in this whole colony keep an over watch so as to keep these youngin's in line as best we can. Yes they're a challenge but then we wouldn't have it any other way. So as Backpacker said cozy up to the fire and partake of the fruit of the colony for you'll never find a more loyal group to cover your 6 in time of need. Now as for River Rat ; Is he bat shit crazy? Why yes he is but he's also full of information most people wish they had. And we wouldn't have him any other way! Love you Bro. Well really I love your dozer . :p

Katrina
08-26-2016, 04:52 AM
Welcome Willow to you and Da Hubs. These guyz are a really great group. The ladies are even more fantastic. I have learned a lot from them.

Grumpy Old Man
08-27-2016, 12:34 AM
Welcome from Galt's Gulch in the heart of Texas! It's not quite God's Country but you can see it from here! And pay attention to Eagle; he knows Evan as well as I do!;)

ElevenBravo
08-27-2016, 01:12 AM
Welcome from SWVA!

We have some TN folks here, but.. they are strange people. ;-)

EB

Willow
08-27-2016, 02:23 AM
Lol, yes Tennesseans can be a bit strange!! Just kidding of course! I am originally from Colorado but have adjusted to the Tennessee lifestyle after 25 years!

realist
08-27-2016, 03:20 AM
Willow welcome to you and you significant other, from the Left Coast. We are a merry band of pirates. Do not hesitate to ask questions or make posts they are all welcome. If you think some of them folks from Tennessee are strange you have not made it to the Left Coast yet.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-27-2016, 09:36 PM
You guys sure are hell on us Tennessee folks, technically I'm from Florida but I can't claim it anymore due to it's condition. I watched as "Mickey Rat" moved in and destroyed the whole damn state! Now there's nothing left for me there, except my little "Dancing Rat" ironic that her first role in the Nutcracker was a mouse.............

eagle326
08-28-2016, 12:37 AM
You guys sure are hell on us Tennessee folks, technically I'm from Florida but I can't claim it anymore due to it's condition. I watched as "Mickey Rat" moved in and destroyed the whole damn state! Now there's nothing left for me there, except my little "Dancing Rat" ironic that her first role in the Nutcracker was a mouse.............

No;No;No . Don't try to pull that poor poor me stunt Rat. Grumpus Maximus and I got our eyes on you youngin'.
When you moved to Tennessee your past was erased. :eek: Iffin' we weren't tough or Hell on you ; you'd just waste away and then Lady K. would be pissed at Grumpus and I. And that ain't happening sailor!! Got it ?

Now stand tall and walk in the footsteps of those long ago Tennesseans cause you ain't gettin' no sympathy here.

AIRBORNE!!! :D

Vodin
08-28-2016, 12:56 AM
Welcome, glad you have joined up with us.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-28-2016, 03:39 PM
No;No;No . Don't try to pull that poor poor me stunt Rat. Grumpus Maximus and I got our eyes on you youngin'.
When you moved to Tennessee your past was erased. :eek: Iffin' we weren't tough or Hell on you ; you'd just waste away and then Lady K. would be pissed at Grumpus and I. And that ain't happening sailor!! Got it ?

Now stand tall and walk in the footsteps of those long ago Tennesseans cause you ain't gettin' no sympathy here.

AIRBORNE!!! :D

Well, shit if you wanna go that way then I'm from the NAVY! Cause that's where I was raised for the second 22yrs of my life. I just happen to settle here after that. Don't throw that AIRBORNE shit at me either, I don't recall a dozer ever jumping out of an airplane! Army.............(Ain't Ready to Move Yet)

Stormfeather
09-06-2016, 06:54 AM
Welcome aboard Willow, and we look forward to talking more with you! You will find this forum is one of the best out there!

eagle326
09-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Well, shit if you wanna go that way then I'm from the NAVY! Cause that's where I was raised for the second 22yrs of my life. I just happen to settle here after that. Don't throw that AIRBORNE shit at me either, I don't recall a dozer ever jumping out of an airplane! Army.............(Ain't Ready to Move Yet)

AH but they do my brother. You see we rig them bad boys up and load them. We jump first and they follow. Matter of fact all our equipment jumps along with us. Now our shit isn't the big big shit but we work it like the big stuff. ;) . One of the reasons unbeknownst for you moving to Tennessee is so you can bring that Navy boat talent of yours to the waters of Tennessee when the time comes and teach us land crawlers a new skill.

Besides both of my sons were Navy. Oldest was on U.S.S. Independence when it was in Philly getting updated.He was a welder.
Number two son was an internal communication electrician ; last ship was the U.S.S. Hawes FF53 if I remember right. So I have a soft spot for your blue water guys. 1st. Sgts. ; Chiefs and Gunny's all have to have attitude and that you do my friend. :cool:
Maybe if I live long enough you can teach this land / air rat to be a coxswain . Then I could be some kind of hybrid. Never had my ass chewed by a Chief. But son's tell of it not being a good experience.
1-800 How's My Coxswaining. :eek:

Stg1swret
09-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the funny farm Willow. As you can see, we area welcoming group, and have a tendency to pull each others chains from time to time. That being said, we all look out for one another, and won't hesitate to go the distance for each other. Sit back and observe a bit, chime in when you have something to say. We all look forward to reading what you have to say.

Domeguy
09-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Welcome to ClubMed Willow. As stated above, most everyone here is an expert here with many years of something useful, and we all try to share that knowledge here with the others. Occasionally we don't play well with others, but is usually just to poke a little fun at the people we love the best. So, sit down and join right in. The only advice I can give to you is just beware when someone is selling any gear, BWRR tends to get a bit...strange?

eagle326
09-06-2016, 05:47 PM
So, sit down and join right in. The only advice I can give to you is just beware when someone is selling any gear, BWRR tends to get a bit...strange?

Advice to Willow ? Domey come on. Did you bump that big noggin of yours again? BWRR a bit strange. Let's just say he's unique in a class all by himself.
Now with that being said and you're probably going to the grip & grin I will not be surprised to find out River Rat got all of the toys being offered and then find out you had to buy all of your stuff back from him because somewhere in the art of Rat's deal you forfeited yours unknowingly.

BWRR didn't get to where he is and as sassy as he is without some kind of Voodoo Mo Joe. Oh man I've loved to watch this in person. Tread lightly for Rat's trickery is strong.

BWRR be easy on him. :rolleyes: Or not. :cool:

Kesephist
09-06-2016, 05:48 PM
These are good people. A statistically significant % of these folks are in or near what is known as the Cumberland Basin... the east TN/southwest VA/southeast KY/West NC area. It's my devout goal to score a transfer out that way in the early part of 2017.

You'll have noted a lot of ex-military in these numbers. This shows that SHTF will be simply horrific, instead of truly apocalyptic. Hard Times, not End Times. Not to say it will be all ex-military, though.

Stormfeather
09-07-2016, 04:17 AM

Ummm..... Just sayin....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djsUMRfo9Jw

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-11-2016, 07:08 PM
No wonder, the Aussies did it.......they ain't afraid to play with toys. Besides, it was dragged/forced out of the aircraft so it doesn't count, the dozier has to jump. As I stated before, stupid Army people.....................

Socalman
09-14-2016, 04:21 PM
I am a bit late to the welcome party but, WELCOME WILLOW.

I am part of a small contingent of California members.