PDA

View Full Version : LesT We Forget

Stg1swret
09-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Today is the fifteenth anniversary of the most tragic day in modern American history. Almost 3,000 innocent civilians lost their lives in a terrorist attack carried out by 19 ISLAMIC extremists. For many of those directly affected by the event, it brings back nightmares of a hellish day that will never go away.
The country, was ill prepared to deal with such an event, but rebounded from the blow. Unfortunately, in the past almost eight years, we have gone backwards less we offend those with ties to the various new terrorist groups that mean us harm.
We as preppers, just added one more event to our list to deal with after this attack. We unlike most of the country do not cower in fear of such a thing happening again, but stand steadfast in our resolve to deal with such events and their aftermath.
Words like, "never again," "Not on my watch," and "Not while I have anything to say about it," along with our planning and training put us above the sheeple who rely on the government, local, state and federal to save them.
We shall and must prevail and take care of not only our own, but those around us. As an old "Sheep dog", I've seen a lot of horror and man's inhumanity to man first hand. I can not and will not stand idly by and let it happen if and when another SHTF event happens in my area. What say you?

bacpacker
09-11-2016, 09:58 PM
While I have never had to deal with anything on that scale, I have had to deal with severe weather outbreaks around here before. I will have NO PROBLEM stepping up to do what needs doing should the time come again.

realist
09-12-2016, 09:22 PM
All you can do is train and prepare and hope for the best. Take care of the family first and then friends, the rest will fall in place. I would hope we are better prepared now then that awful Tuesday morning. On a global scale there is nothing I can do however on the local front we have worked hard, only time will tell if we are successful.