PDA

View Full Version : Had a little issue yesterday

helomech
09-19-2016, 05:03 PM
First we live on a long dirt road, 4 miles only 1 other person lives on it. My son called and told me a guy on a 4 wheeler pulled a gun on him and chased his truck. He said the guy pulled to the side to let him pass, then after he passed the guy started yelling and pulled a gun. The guy chased my son for about 3 miles. Son calls the cops after I told him to. So I am getting pissed at this point, wife is telling me to stay home. Well I just can't. So I grab my sig 229 in .40 and my SKS and head down the road.

I spot the guy coming out of a gate and approach him, he has a pistol on his side. I asked him if he pointed that gun at my son. He starts to walk up to my car explaining. I have my hand on my pistol and told him to not come any closer. I guess he got the point and took a few steps back with his hands up. He got way polite from that point on. I told him the cops where on the way and I was going to stay with him till the cops got there.

Well long story short, no witness's, so they let him go. Going to find out in a few days what the DA is going to do. As the cops where leaving I walked up to him and said he better not mess with my son because of this, or I would be coming back to find him.

Sniper-T
09-19-2016, 05:11 PM
Whoa! Stay safe my friend!

bacpacker
09-19-2016, 09:13 PM
Big time head on a swivel.

LUNCHBOX
09-19-2016, 10:27 PM
I would say that's crazy but that's the world we live in now. Stay frosty...

mitunnelrat
09-20-2016, 12:54 AM
It certainly is the world we live in. I'd say was and will be, as well. Seclusion offers much in security, but I'd say this was a good overall a "good" experience. What you just experienced is, imo, a much more probable shtf scenario than a full-on wrol collapse.

The wolf is already at the gate. I'm glad it didn't escalate, so my questions are

What did you learn from tbis?
What went well?
What needs to change?

I'm sure you're already thinking on that

Sniper-T
09-20-2016, 01:11 AM
backhoe... back 40...

Stormfeather
09-20-2016, 02:52 AM
Just curious, if he was coming out of a gate, on a road that only you and one other family live on, then Im going to assume it was the other persons property whos gate he was coming out of, since he was riding a 4wheeler, he obviously had a somewhat short range. Have you made contact with the neighbors and talked to them about this person, explained what transpired, and if this person was allowed access to their property?

helomech
09-20-2016, 03:47 AM
It certainly is the world we live in. I'd say was and will be, as well. Seclusion offers much in security, but I'd say this was a good overall a "good" experience. What you just experienced is, imo, a much more probable shtf scenario than a full-on wrol collapse.

The wolf is already at the gate. I'm glad it didn't escalate, so my questions are

What did you learn from tbis?
What went well?
What needs to change?

I'm sure you're already thinking on that

Only thing I would change would be to take the other car, it had a camera in it. Other than that, I think I did everything right. I did not escalate the situation, but I was 100% ready to do what needed done. I had the upper hand, he did not know I was coming, my gun was at the ready, his was in a holster. I was mobile with the car, he was on foot.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious, if he was coming out of a gate, on a road that only you and one other family live on, then Im going to assume it was the other persons property whos gate he was coming out of, since he was riding a 4wheeler, he obviously had a somewhat short range. Have you made contact with the neighbors and talked to them about this person, explained what transpired, and if this person was allowed access to their property?

From what I understand, his father owns the property. There are many land owners on the road I live on, but only two homes. The rest are just land, no home. His house is on the other side of the property on the next county road over.

realist
09-20-2016, 04:39 AM
Not a good situation. It sounds like it came out okay for now. Be careful I would go over the incident with your son again. What could he have done differently. Did you ever find out what the guys problem was?

Sniper-T
09-20-2016, 11:54 AM
Perhaps he did not recognize your kid, and thought he was trespassing?

helomech
09-20-2016, 01:49 PM
Not a good situation. It sounds like it came out okay for now. Be careful I would go over the incident with your son again. What could he have done differently. Did you ever find out what the guys problem was?

My son is 17 so a pistol is not legal for him. I told him if he sees the guy to just ignore him and drive by, if he blocks the road try to back away, if that is not safe do what needs done. He understood what I meant. The guy claims Dylan through rocks on him when he let Dylan drive around. With Dylans truck you can not throw rocks unless you take the time to turn off the traction control. I think he was pissed because Dylan drives a little fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps he did not recognize your kid, and thought he was trespassing?

Dylan was on a county road.

Fidel MD
09-20-2016, 04:59 PM
Glad everyone is OK.

Perhaps the guy thought rocks were being thrown when some gravel was picked up by Dylan's fast driving? Or, he's just crazy.

At any rate, a good gray-man strategy is avoiding doing things that, while they may be legal, annoy other folks.