PDA

View Full Version : Yet another senseless riot

Stg1swret
09-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Another senseless riot, this time in Charlotte, NC. Black man shot and killed by police. !2 cops injured, and 5protesters/rioters arrested. Police cars smashed and destroyed, but the protesters help their cause by vandalizing and looting stores stealing cellphones, and flat screen TV sets. As we all know, these consumer goods are at the heart of soothing the ills that plague these wronged citizens. If only they had more cellphones and flat screen TVs, the police wouldn't be shooting them. It doesn't matter that the guy who was shot allegedly brandished a gun and that is why the cops shot him. The rioters needed cellphones and Tvs.

Illini Warrior
09-21-2016, 01:50 PM
it'll only take a responding cop a few seconds to empty his magazine - he just needs to be having a bad day and the wrong thrown rock clocks him in the helmet .... that's when it spreads nationwide ....

mitunnelrat
09-21-2016, 03:04 PM
There was a question posed some number of years ago on what a collapse of the US would look like. If we would maintain a cohesive state, or not. My opinion then, and now, is we will see something akin to a "Balkanization" of the nation. Splits within the country, and within the states along racial and political divides. These incidents are markers to me in support of this, and come as no surprise.

bacpacker
09-21-2016, 10:52 PM
MIT, I think you are spot on. That is certainly happening, being pushed by certain people actually.

ElevenBravo
09-21-2016, 11:52 PM
Murica, version 2.0

sigh...

eagle326
09-22-2016, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=mitunnelrat;91287]There was a question posed some number of years ago on what a collapse of the US would look like. If we would maintain a cohesive state, or not. My opinion then, and now, is we will see something akin to a "Balkanization" of the nation. Splits within the country, and within the states along racial and political divides. These incidents are markers to me in support of this, and come as no surprise.[/QUOTE

Balkanization is a distinct possibility in the aftermath of said collapse. To use the Native American term ; there are many tribes of separate beliefs and our government knows this and is pushing it to the extreme limits of human patience.
Within the core of each movement there's a silent majority who holds back ideas for sake of discovery. It's within this coalition of the ( Rainbow Tribe ) that the rally cry of freedom will resonate to all who hunger for the freedom of a free man.

Now will their journey be of few sorrows ? Nay ; Their journey will consist of pain ; sorrow ; death ; loyalty ; living ; love. For only they who understand the Rainbow tribe philosophy will survive.

My 2 cents :
Eagle

Stg1swret
09-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Ugly night in Charlotte last night. Violence escalated, a protester/rioter shot in head by another protester/rioter. More looting and destruction of property. Perhaps some calm will be restored as the family of the slain black man killed b the police that sparked this will seem the body cam footage today.

Sniper-T
09-30-2016, 12:26 PM
What is really scary is that a simple shooting sparked all this... imagine what these same people would do in a true 'event'? Knock out power for a week, stop the food trucks and close the McDonalds'. I pray for any ants in an urban area like this.

Kesephist
10-01-2016, 01:38 PM
What is really scary is that a simple shooting sparked all this... imagine what these same people would do in a true 'event'? Knock out power for a week, stop the food trucks and close the McDonalds'. I pray for any ants in an urban area like this.

WW1 was kicked off by a single shooting... actually a bungled bomb attack, lost in traffic, then found and shot target pretty much accidentally. The Giffords shooting was about the last high-profile-target shooting event in this country, and before that you have to go to that dimwit "Taxi Driver" wannabe shooting Reagan...

The mass shootings of late ...every time I see one, I cringe inside wondering if THIS one is finally gonna provoke BHO and the rest of his fleas into martial law and gun grabbing. These last five and a half weeks prior to election and the lame-duck period afterward are prime for such shenanigans. If it isn't enough, hey, he's outahere anyway, and if it does play in his favor, he still has all his apparatchiki in place to get it done and become President Pro Tem Inter Arma Legis.

Having said that, I can FEEL the Constitution and Declaration that are on display in DC lose just a little bit more of their ink, their parchment dessicate just a little more.

I like to think that, way back in the deeps of time (late 1981) that if the duty-struck 20 year old kid knew what this 55 year old ol' fart does, that he still would have raised his hand and given his oath and became a soldier.

I like to THINK that. More and more, though, these days....

Socalman
10-02-2016, 04:45 AM
The latest shooting in Los Angeles today of a teen who had been chased in a car and then was fleeing on foot has got some rumblings going on.

Not far away in Pasadena Police tazed a man twice and then restrained him. They discovered he was not breathing and untied him and began CPR but he died. There had been multiple calls about him having a knife, one from his brother (the 911 call has been played on several news broadcasts) who stated he was on drugs. He didn't know what drug , just that his brother was high. So what has happened? Black Lives Matter protests taking place in Pasadena blocking traffic. As far as I know, no violence YET. Tensions are high.

Another reason I loaded in more food/water storage today.

realist
10-02-2016, 06:25 PM
You know it is interesting the killing of that guy in Charlotte never really made the news out here. It was just a quick blurb and nothing more. Now I suppose had one of those notorious cops had shot him it would have been national news for several days.

I love it they had a shooting in El Cajon, CA my old stomping grounds. The guy was suppose to be deported but since his host country drug their heels they just let him go. Did I mention he was a criminal too. Well I saw on the news people were marching in the street and one guy had a picture of this guys image showing him as an angle, really please......

Socalman
10-03-2016, 03:13 PM
The guy down in El Cajon (close to Mexico, south of San Diego) was standing facing away from officers with one hand in his pocket. He was ordered to show his hands. He turned to face the officers, pulled his hand out and pointed an object at the police while assuming a shooting stance. What did he think would happen.

So it turns out he was pointing one end of a vaping device at the cops. Someone posted on Calguns.net a picture of a woman holding a vaping device in one hand and a Glock 17 in the other hand with her hand on the trigger. It took about 2 seconds of looking at a picture to determine which hand held the Glock. In two seconds you could be dead! I called this one suicide by cop.

(Lots of people on Calguns went ape over the fact that the picture was taken with a finger on the trigger pointing at the person with the camera. The original poster replied that he knows about trigger etiquette, it was done to make the point.)

realist
10-04-2016, 02:52 PM
Two seconds is a long time to have someone shooting at you. Non shooters just don't understand. Oh ya why didn't they just try to wound him or shoot the gun out of his hand?? I would love to put those people in the simulator for a real education.

jamesneuen
10-04-2016, 05:07 PM
My wife used to ask me the same questions till I took her to the range and made her do some shoot/no shoot drills.