PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

bacpacker
11-12-2016, 12:44 AM
On this Veterans Day I wish to extend my gratitude and sincere thanks to all of you who served.

Katrina
11-12-2016, 01:18 AM
Thank you as well

Stg1swret
11-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Thank you, it was an honor to have done so.

eagle326
11-12-2016, 12:18 PM
As Stg1swert said. It was and is an honor to have served you and all others and still an honor to do what I can do in any way.

ElevenBravo
11-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Thx, although I never got deployed and never jerked the trigger in anger... I did still stand at the ready so I guess I did my part, albeit small.

EB

bacpacker
11-13-2016, 01:29 AM
Thank you as well

Katrina, I'm not sure how this was meant. Please do not take any offence, but to remove any confusion I want to state that I never served. So no reason to thank me.

eagle326
11-13-2016, 01:58 PM
Katrina, I'm not sure how this was meant. Please do not take any offence, but to remove any confusion I want to state that I never served. So no reason to thank me.

You may not have served son but we can still thank you for your love & support of all of us vets.
For without the support of people like yourself our job would have no meaning. People like yourself and Southern Belle lets us know we have our 6 covered.

So with all that said ; Thanks for your undying support.

jamesneuen
11-13-2016, 03:02 PM
Never served in a war or been stationed overseas so I never really felt the term veteran applied to me. Part of the reason I didn't mind leaving the Coast Guard was because I disagreed with a lot of the work we did down in the Caribbean. I had joined the Coast Guard because I didn't agree with being sent overseas for a war I didn't believe in and ended up just doing it stateside instead.

mitunnelrat
11-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Well, you were Coast Guard, so...

I have to jack with you. I was Army. No combat. I had a similar discussion with a combat vet named izzy.

The gist is you still stood and served. Maintain the bearing instilled within you. Stand tall. Stand proud. Few can or will do what you did. (I say "especially" as a pirate, puddle or otherwise. It takes a special ķind of snowflake to live on water)

We all signed up, we all served. You have my respect, bro, as do all other vets.

Thanks too, to everyone else.

jamesneuen
11-13-2016, 03:28 PM
I dunno, puddle pirate vs butt pirate, I think there might be a difference....... Someone at work asked me what I would do if a mandatory gun turn in was enacted. I told them I had pledged an oath to uphold the constitution and protect the country against all threats both foreign and domestic. My retirement never mentioned a single thing about no longer holding to that.

Katrina
11-19-2016, 04:41 AM
No offense taken. I was thanking you for remembering and thanking the ants that served.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-19-2016, 02:24 PM
I don't remember what I did on veteran's day. I do know that I took time out to call and remember a few of my friends both past and present. My loving wife gave me a card and that made my day. I know my little town has a parade and they do a thing at the school for all the local veterans here every year and I get invited and I don't go. I don't remember what I did that day I guess because I was to busy thinking about everyone else who made my life safe. Maybe what I did during those 22yrs of service, I don't know can't remember.

But I will say this, "thanks for remembering" because you see sometimes I lose track of time and y'all keep me from slippin off the rails.