PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen, I need your help

mitunnelrat
12-17-2016, 03:12 AM
To be blunt, we're dying here. Seriously. Don't believe me? Look back at the last three months of activity. We've had a smattering of "I did x" posts in "What did you do to prep this week"

We've had 3 weeks since any other thread activity in GD, and only 4 active threads.

Equipment and Basic supplies has seen 3 active threads in the last 3 months, and I started two of them. Nothing in the EDC sub-forum since March. Worse yet, we had a first time poster ask a question, and none of us noticed? I eventually answered his question, but even I missed that. Day-um. Discounting his query and my reply though, there has been no activity in there since October.

Bushcraft has seen one post, total.

Food & Water. It looks like we may be doing slightly better here. 5 active threads, but... one is a spoof. Nothing against that at all, but I want to focus on our prep related content for the moment. The farm and garden subforum saw two of the "4" threads itself, but not since October. The main food index has two more. Only one has been active this month. The next closest was the start of November.

Shelter. 4 threds. Nothing since the end of October.

Medical. 5 threads. Nothing since the end of October.

Transportation. 1 thread. This month. Unfortunately its on my trailer, and on hold unless I share what I plan to buy and add to it.

Communication. Nothing since August.

Weapons. 6 threads. Ok, we like our guns, but there's still been no activity in there for a month.

Money Matters. Nothing since March.

Reviews. Nothing since June.

That sums up the "survival" index of our forum. What should be the meat of the colony. What we thrive on and live for here. Instead, we have the next run of stats...

Town Hall 20 threads. 4 political topics. Currently active.

Intel. 10 threads. 2 confirmed political. Currently active.

Media Center. 1 thread, this month.

Classifieds last saw activity in October.

Stories. 1 thread. Currently active.

The other thing I've noted is a disparity between the like/ thank entries and number of replies in a thread. I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to this, but how much more discussion might we have if we took that option away? Its a route I'm pondering.

I"m also going to say its time to end the political discussion. The twelve or so of us who regularly participate are already well aware of how you think and feel about the election, and politicians in general. Lets move past this again, please.

At the end of the day, we need more content. We've had 23 active threads in 3 months. Of those, 19 have been started within 90 days, 5 from me alone. I like that most of our activity has been in new threads, but how is it only one man is generating fully one fourth of that?

And I have yet to begin trying hard. Just watch, because for my part I'm going to get back to what we started with here. Doing shit. Excelilng at it. My challenge to myself is to get out and do a winter bivouac over the New Year holiday. Pics and review will of course follow. And again ihn April... July... October...

My challenge to all of us is to put more on our main index. Honestly, I don't care how trivial or mundane you think it may be... If its prep related, and you're doing it, I want to see it. In words if you must, but preferably with pictures. I'd like to see more commentary on why you like something, or what you think could be done differently. I want to see some disagreement, dammit! Lol. We need some excitement in this place.

Lets get this bitch rocking, remember to tag the ever living shit out of the new threads, and employ every other trick and technique we can to get the forum showing on search engines. We're all very comfortable bs'ing with each other. We're family, and it shows. But I visit my family on social media sites, and this is more than that.

We are united in common cause. Lets show the world.

Kesephist
12-17-2016, 03:35 PM
To be blunt, we're dying here. Seriously. Don't believe me? Look back at the last three months of activity. We've had a smattering of "I did x" posts in "What did you do to prep this week"

We've had 3 weeks since any other thread activity in GD, and only 4 active threads.

Equipment and Basic supplies has seen 3 active threads in the last 3 months, and I started two of them. Nothing in the EDC sub-forum since March. Worse yet, we had a first time poster ask a question, and none of us noticed? I eventually answered his question, but even I missed that. Day-um. Discounting his query and my reply though, there has been no activity in there since October.

Bushcraft has seen one post, total.

Food & Water. It looks like we may be doing slightly better here. 5 active threads, but... one is a spoof. Nothing against that at all, but I want to focus on our prep related content for the moment. The farm and garden subforum saw two of the "4" threads itself, but not since October. The main food index has two more. Only one has been active this month. The next closest was the start of November.

Shelter. 4 threds. Nothing since the end of October.

Medical. 5 threads. Nothing since the end of October.

Transportation. 1 thread. This month. Unfortunately its on my trailer, and on hold unless I share what I plan to buy and add to it.

Communication. Nothing since August.

Weapons. 6 threads. Ok, we like our guns, but there's still been no activity in there for a month.

Money Matters. Nothing since March.

Reviews. Nothing since June.

That sums up the "survival" index of our forum. What should be the meat of the colony. What we thrive on and live for here. Instead, we have the next run of stats...

Town Hall 20 threads. 4 political topics. Currently active.

Intel. 10 threads. 2 confirmed political. Currently active.

Media Center. 1 thread, this month.

Classifieds last saw activity in October.

Stories. 1 thread. Currently active.

The other thing I've noted is a disparity between the like/ thank entries and number of replies in a thread. I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to this, but how much more discussion might we have if we took that option away? Its a route I'm pondering.

I"m also going to say its time to end the political discussion. The twelve or so of us who regularly participate are already well aware of how you think and feel about the election, and politicians in general. Lets move past this again, please.

At the end of the day, we need more content. We've had 23 active threads in 3 months. Of those, 19 have been started within 90 days, 5 from me alone. I like that most of our activity has been in new threads, but how is it only one man is generating fully one fourth of that?

And I have yet to begin trying hard. Just watch, because for my part I'm going to get back to what we started with here. Doing shit. Excelilng at it. My challenge to myself is to get out and do a winter bivouac over the New Year holiday. Pics and review will of course follow. And again ihn April... July... October...

My challenge to all of us is to put more on our main index. Honestly, I don't care how trivial or mundane you think it may be... If its prep related, and you're doing it, I want to see it. In words if you must, but preferably with pictures. I'd like to see more commentary on why you like something, or what you think could be done differently. I want to see some disagreement, dammit! Lol. We need some excitement in this place.

Lets get this bitch rocking, remember to tag the ever living shit out of the new threads, and employ every other trick and technique we can to get the forum showing on search engines. We're all very comfortable bs'ing with each other. We're family, and it shows. But I visit my family on social media sites, and this is more than that.

We are united in common cause. Lets show the world.

I do think a significant part of the recent silence is an attempt at OPSEC. Another part of it is fatigue, watching this miserable parade of events and waiting for the final shoe to drop. Not from eagerness for that shoe to drop, but just to finally have action to react to, information to work with.

Any of the assembled here that is ex-military and ever drew guard duty in CONUS.... what was always, always, always the seemingly longest, dullest part? That last half hour before end of the shift.

Sniper-T
12-17-2016, 04:03 PM
To be honest, I have backed off posting and even reading and even logging in lately due to all the political crap. While I do understand it's importance, and it's necessity, I find it very tiresome and blah!

I do have some stuff to add into different threads, but have been procrastinating for personal reasons as well (work, home, books, etc.)

What do you say Ants, lets break out of our winter hibernation a little early and all step up and share what we've been up to.

bacpacker
12-17-2016, 05:47 PM
I think Keepist hit it pretty close for me. Had a lot going on from a work standpoint since May, then getting crap together for the wife to have her surgery and dealing with that, plus the election drama. I just haven't had it in me to put up much. Not an excuse to be so slack though. I will try and do my part to pick things up, but likely to be after the holidays.
Lookin forward to seeing what comes up new.

helomech
12-17-2016, 06:38 PM
Well for me it is hunting season. Most of my time is spent, working, hunting, or reloading. Nothing going on on the prep side. Hoping to start casting bullets soon, and if/when I do will make a thread on that. Got 5 buckets of wheel weights from our tire shop the other day.

ElevenBravo
12-17-2016, 07:32 PM
Ive been working 60+ hours a week to keep the G0V functioning with my voluntary tax contributions.
Its only getting worse for me, more and more demands each week. I havent even shot a match in
6+ months, cause I work 3 out of 4 Saturdays. I dont have time to create original content to post
on a forum, Ive hardly got time to keep the house in order.

But I do visit when I can because all my bestest friends are here.

EB

mitunnelrat
12-18-2016, 02:15 AM
Its all good. I realize life happens, I was buried in shit for a while myself. I just want to ensure we all get the best quality experience here that we can in the time we do have available for it.

Fatty
12-20-2016, 12:20 AM
Lots of overtime for me as well. Still log in daily to keep my ear to the ground, but just a work hours plus Christmas stuff on the side so not a whole lot of time to reflect.

I think things will pick up for a lot of people after the new year.

AlphaTea
12-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Wow, I had not realized how much interest and participation had declined. Non participation could have risks to oneself in NOT being up to date or prepared. I am guilty as charged. I really have not had anything to contribute, and like what was said above, we are waiting for the other shoe to drop.
I for one breathed a sigh of relief at the election results and have lowered myself one DEFCON level. I really did not expect the sane people to be triumphant and have been busy acquiring "things". While my acquisitions may have been slightly overboard:o I am now ready for a lot more than I thought I would be. So, a lot of good came about.
Now, I have a suggestion:
Maybe it would be wise for us to have a MOD (or two) for each forum just to keep it going. Geez, maybe we already do and I never knew it!!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-21-2016, 02:14 PM
Uuuuuh, roger that on all counts, guilty as charged. We can say what ever we want. I know I have had a bunch of projects going on and have gotten into a routine that ends in passing out on the lazy-boy waking up going to bed getting up and doing it all over again. BUT! I have pictures and I need to get off my ass and do some posting of these topics, dirt bike, tractor, dozier and a few rifle builds. I said I was going to do this and dropped the ball, again guilty as charged. SO let's see what I can dish out.................

Gunfixr
12-23-2016, 03:45 AM
Well, not much useful going on in my life.
Not prepping right now, working towards a move.
Never really gardened or did other "homestead" type things here on the city, but after the move, plan to.
Not really doing a whole lot of gun stuff, work has declined. In fact, I become unemployed next week, as the shop is closing. I can post a couple builds, that's about it. Did get a gun class last summer.
Transportation, comms hasn't changed much, in a holding pattern.
Not much medical, did get a suturing class last summer.
No bushcraft in the big city, will be after the move.
Sick of politics.
Not much money, it's going out in far more directions than what comes in.

The move? On hold. Recently passed father's house for sale, psycho sister screwing the deal.
Now, if you want to hear my life's drama, I got enough of that to fill volumes.
But that's about all I got, for most of the past year, and into the immediate, at least, future.
This site isn't about drama, so I've tried to keep that down.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

Katrina
12-23-2016, 05:17 AM
Sorry haven't been on as regularly. Work has been a b**ch due to company "re-organizations", people leaving, I'm now doing 3 other peoples jobs along with trying to keep my own work up. Now that I moved retirement date to the 29th of this month I'll be able to get on more. I get home from work now, eat dinner, sit down to watch a TV show and Dahubs wakes me up to go to bed. I'm exhausted but on a happier note all my grand babies will be here Sunday, so Christmas will be AWESOME for us. May all my Ant family have a Great Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year
Love you guys!!

Sniper-T
12-24-2016, 01:17 AM
c'mon ladyhawk... I for one miss your posts. let's hear some updates about the chicken coop... and more. I guess I have to admit... I miss the opportunity to tease you about your favourite food... cat-burgers!

:)

realist
12-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Okay I have not excuse. I hope to be posting more in the future.

Gunfixr where you moving to???

Stormfeather
12-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Yea Ive been screwing the pooch on a lot of shit lately, will step up my game! On a side note... for the holidays, I have my ex-"want to have drunk sex because we're bored" alcoholic booty call sharing my house with me for the holidays with my new to me 17 year old daughter... can we all say....awkward..?

Dragonfly (Sandi) is taking it much better than I am.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
12-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Yea Ive been screwing the pooch on a lot of shit lately, will step up my game! On a side note... for the holidays, I have my ex-"want to have drunk sex because we're bored" alcoholic booty call sharing my house with me for the holidays with my new to me 17 year old daughter... can we all say....awkward..?

Dragonfly (Sandi) is taking it much better than I am.

Dude, you're having all the fun. Everyone is getting divorced around here. It does sound interesting though. But the guys do seem to have smiles on their faces. They all got new girlfriends..............

OK so where were you 17yrs ago?

Domeguy
12-31-2016, 08:00 AM
Guilty as charged with the zero input...but at least I have a REAL reason...busy with the new BEWBS. I'm sure that new BEWB smell will wear off soon enough...

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-08-2017, 11:23 PM
JWTFIT? Cause don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. Other than I haven't heard from your since this "Baker person" got ahold of you. You became the "over fed, long haired leaping Gnome" anyway, let me know when you change residents.

Gunfixr
01-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Moving out to the country.
Had to hit the Ira to get money to put up a building for my equipment, and then fix the house. Took weeks for the damn building permit, now it either rains or snows. The whole damn thing is at a standstill, and we're about to have to pay another months rent on the closed store building because we can't get out.
I just spend every day frustrated, not making progress in any direction, funds slowly dwindling, no income.
Wife says I drink too much, she's probably right. But if I weren't numb, I'd just be depressed.

I'm not getting divorced, at least as far as I know.
But, I am the mushroom in my house, so who knows?

ladyhk13
01-09-2017, 11:30 PM
c'mon ladyhawk... I for one miss your posts. let's hear some updates about the chicken coop... and more. I guess I have to admit... I miss the opportunity to tease you about your favourite food... cat-burgers!

:)

Awe...u miss me? Miss u too Sniper Dude. Well after 4.5 years of fighting all those corporations we finally got them to settle on that land we bought. Now we are looking for a new piece all over again. It takes hours and hours of sifting through websites looking for something that might be something we would even consider looking at. Hate having to go through this process again but gotta do it.
I got two new baby chicks this summer, named the boy Abraham and the girl Buttercup. Was great until they turned out buttercup was the boy and Abraham was the girl! So, just changed Abraham to Avi and she still knows her name. Such a beautiful and loving girl she is! I go out to clean the coop and their yard area and she jumps up on my shoulder and rides everywhere with me waiting patiently for yum yum time. Buttercup will see me and come running or cock a doodle doo if I don't pay attention to him right away. He talks to me by saying 'wadda wadda wadda' and tries to jump on my arm but he's gotten too big already! So I just have to pick him up and love on him. Think he and my male Guinea hen don't like each other though, Buttercups comb which is huge, has been bloodied twice already and he's white so it looks like someone has tried to butcher him! Overall, I love my chickens and try to spend as much time with them as possible.
I made a contact with the owners of a breakfast place in town and they happily agreed to let me have egg shells to give my girls. They save them in a 5 gallon pickle bucket for me and I can just dry them out and crush them. Figure by the time summer gets here I should have gallons of shell. They won't eat oyster shell so this is perfect for egg production. I haven't been getting any eggs the past couple of months so I started giving them shells about a week ago and I have 3 girls who have started laying again. How cool is that? Love free stuff.
BWRR bought me the coolest hand hammered copper still from Portugal for Hanukkah. It's so I can make my own essential oils. Obviously I won't be able to do any until the summer when everything is ready to harvest. Maybe we should make some hootch in the meantime while I can. Once oils are made in it can't use it for anything else.
How far are you from N. Dakota?

eagle326
01-10-2017, 12:32 AM
Ladyhawk ... don't know if you do it already or not but I use a red heat light bulb when we set clocks back. It tricks the hens into laying consistently just as they do in the spring and summer.

ladyhk13
01-10-2017, 12:58 AM
Ladyhawk ... don't know if you do it already or not but I use a red heat light bulb when we set clocks back. It tricks the hens into laying consistently just as they do in the spring and summer.

I know people do that but I want my girls to stay as natural as possible. They are obviously missing calcium from their bodies which is needed but I don't want to force laying if they wouldn't do it with the natural light they already have. They give me lots of eggs The rest of the year so I'm not going to complain.

eagle326
01-10-2017, 01:19 AM
Nothing wrong with the way you do it. I did it to add a little heat to their insulated coop. Their routine remained the same for roosting and waking up. Had 10 and now down to one but she's a happy camper.
Loves to talk when I get near the coop. She squats so she can be stroked.
Wife says she gets to live out her days on Chicken Social Security. She still gives us eggs even though she's 5 years old or so. Semi retired. ;)

ladyhk13
01-10-2017, 04:05 AM
Wow, that's old for still laying! She must be a happy camper ;) our coop is really insulated. When it was in the low teens it was still almost 40 inside so I think they were ok. They huddle together as well so I'm sure they probably stay warm enough. I have 1 rooster, 5 hens, 1 male guinea hen and 1 female. I hatched 190 or so Guinea babies over the summer. She just refused to stop laying! It was the first time she laid and everything I've read and been told they are supposed to lay about 40 in the spring and usually another 40 in the late summer/fall. My girl never stopped once she started! We ended up buying an incubator and a hatcher. Was lucky I could give them all away but if she does it again next year I'm going to have to sell them, won't be able to pawn them off anymore! Should be easy though, most are Pied and gorgeous.

eagle326
01-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Yea ; her still giving eggs even surprised me. Don't know that she'll do it much longer though. Probably just a freak occurrence. There were 2 left a couple weeks ago but she went to a corner and wouldn't move or eat. After trying to help her I decided to put her out of any misery and put her down.
Don't know how long our last one will last but wife says she gets royal treatment till she expires.
I take them away from flock and do the deed so as not to upset the others.

P.S.
Did you know they say chickens are from the Tyrannosaurus Rex D.N.A. line.

helomech
01-11-2017, 12:29 AM
My chickens come and find me when I slaughter. They like the scrapes.

Twitchy
01-11-2017, 12:38 AM
Sorry. Just saw this. It's been a hectic couple of months with work and taking life. The good news is I'm willing hard and fast towards getting in a better position to be about to fit form and relax for a while and stay providing on here again. Buying a house in the next few months and then I'll be shooting my many projects on here that will be associated with it. I look forward to it!

ladyhk13
01-11-2017, 12:59 AM
My chickens come and find me when I slaughter. They like the scrapes.

Are you related to Sniper Dude???? That is just wrong!

helomech
01-11-2017, 01:07 AM
Are you related to Sniper Dude???? That is just wrong!

Not my fault, they surround me.

eagle326
01-11-2017, 01:56 AM
It's the T- Rex thing ladyhawk.

Sniper-T
01-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Awe...u miss me? Miss u too Sniper Dude. ...
How far are you from N. Dakota?

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that you finally got that fiasco sorted out.

Geez girl, you talk about those those chickens like they're more than just food. I used to have a cat like that, once...
;)

I guess it depends on what part of N Dak you're talking about... lol. I can be at Pembina (I29, two miles before the border) in less than two hours. Grand Forks in just over three.

Why? you comin' visiting? Or are you just making notes for future cat rescues?
lol

Let me know, I'll fire up the barbie and we'll que up some burgers...

http://m5.paperblog.com/i/83/836913/the-worlds-top-10-best-images-of-cats-dressed-L-HSVtdB.jpeg

Sniper-T
01-11-2017, 12:10 PM

P.S.
Did you know they say chickens are from the Tyrannosaurus Rex D.N.A. line.

I just KNEW that they tasted like chicken...

eagle326
01-11-2017, 12:25 PM
I just KNEW that they tasted like chicken...

Imagine putting a T- Rex on the barbie. Now that's party food. :cool:

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Moving out to the country.
Had to hit the Ira to get money to put up a building for my equipment, and then fix the house. Took weeks for the damn building permit, now it either rains or snows. The whole damn thing is at a standstill, and we're about to have to pay another months rent on the closed store building because we can't get out.
I just spend every day frustrated, not making progress in any direction, funds slowly dwindling, no income.
Wife says I drink too much, she's probably right. But if I weren't numb, I'd just be depressed.

I'm not getting divorced, at least as far as I know.
But, I am the mushroom in my house, so who knows?

Gunner,
You made the jump? Did I miss something? Congrats is in order and the work is never done. Mother nature controls your schedule or you just have to deal with her when she slaps ya and makes you do it anyway. I think you're going to enjoy the "quiet life"

Side bar, if you have acreage do you have enough to be zoned agriculture and what are the zoning and building codes "then" when it comes to your property. It might change things for future projects. Here in TN it's a major change, pretty much no building permits for farmers so to speak. I'll have to look up the TN code and all that to post it for all, it was the State Attorney General's opinion which later became law two years ago. But as far as that building goes you wouldn't need a permit. Keep us posted!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-11-2017, 02:22 PM
Sniper, we are talking Bottineau, ND, Turtle Mountains, Peace Gardens EH? Gotta flatlander's reunion coming up. I saw the area where you are talking about, a bit east, couple days hike, haven't done the math yet. Don't even know how we're going to work this yet. But it's on the schedule............unless?

Gunfixr
01-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Gunner,
You made the jump? Did I miss something? Congrats is in order and the work is never done. Mother nature controls your schedule or you just have to deal with her when she slaps ya and makes you do it anyway. I think you're going to enjoy the "quiet life"

Side bar, if you have acreage do you have enough to be zoned agriculture and what are the zoning and building codes "then" when it comes to your property. It might change things for future projects. Here in TN it's a major change, pretty much no building permits for farmers so to speak. I'll have to look up the TN code and all that to post it for all, it was the State Attorney General's opinion which later became law two years ago. But as far as that building goes you wouldn't need a permit. Keep us posted!
No, not yet. Place been empty a yr waiting, needs a bunch of work. This was to be financed by the sale of dad's house, which sister is holding back (left to us both).
Because of the shop closing, and having to build a garage first, instead of later, and needing money right now, had to hit Ira, spreading that between last month and this month (two yrs, two taxes).
Hopefully there by summer, depends on several factors. Be doing most of the work myself, don't know how long it will take. Now unemployed, so time aplenty.

Just over 35 acres, it is agricultural. Mostly wooded. Small enough, no permit, but what I'm doing doesn't qualify. I don't really know a whole lot about local gov there. Here, there are people on the payroll who just drive around, looking for infractions. Several times they have stopped and noted my shed, but it's permitted. I don't know if they do that there, and it will be visible from the road.
Here, they just keep fining you, and demand it's removal. Can't afford that with a garage.

ladyhk13
01-12-2017, 06:50 AM
No, not yet. Place been empty a yr waiting, needs a bunch of work. This was to be financed by the sale of dad's house, which sister is holding back (left to us both).
Because of the shop closing, and having to build a garage first, instead of later, and needing money right now, had to hit Ira, spreading that between last month and this month (two yrs, two taxes).
Hopefully there by summer, depends on several factors. Be doing most of the work myself, don't know how long it will take. Now unemployed, so time aplenty.

Just over 35 acres, it is agricultural. Mostly wooded. Small enough, no permit, but what I'm doing doesn't qualify. I don't really know a whole lot about local gov there. Here, there are people on the payroll who just drive around, looking for infractions. Several times they have stopped and noted my shed, but it's permitted. I don't know if they do that there, and it will be visible from the road.
Here, they just keep fining you, and demand it's removal. Can't afford that with a garage.

Guess laws are different there. Here, if you are zones Ag, even if you live in a county that requires permits (some counties don't require any at all and some are crazy) you are exempt from permits for your house and all other buildings that could possibly be needed. That includes a house for workers, barns, garages, workshops, cock-a-doodle condo's...you name it. You are so in the wrong state!

Sniper-T
01-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Sniper, we are talking Bottineau, ND, Turtle Mountains, Peace Gardens EH? Gotta flatlander's reunion coming up. I saw the area where you are talking about, a bit east, couple days hike, haven't done the math yet. Don't even know how we're going to work this yet. But it's on the schedule............unless?

hmmm....

I've always wanted to fish Metagoshi... maybe the little mrs and I can get away for a weekend...
when's the trip planned for?

Gunfixr
01-14-2017, 02:47 AM
They don't really care.
It's about extorting the money.
Always the money.

It'll work out, this is once. The property tax being only about 1/3 of what I pay now will make up for it.

RedJohn
01-26-2017, 07:23 AM
Sorry ladies and gents. I am the first guilty party here. I just discovered this thread and it is already a couple weeks old.

I have been exhausted day and night (I am tired in my dreams) for the past few years. We may have found the cause (may is the keyword here) and I am being treated for it. Hopefully, I will return soon.

I have a ton on of bushcraft on the site's email. Just need to get to it. I am going to try to schedule time in my days for it. No promises.

Thanks to the staff and the readers for keeping this place alive. I will continue to fund it as long as you want it.

We could be a lot bigger, and I would actually earn cash in this venture, if we allowed the bullshit that goes on on other prepping sites, but I am not driven by money and you guys prefer quality conversations. So let's all come back on track and restart this site properly. One thread a week and three thread replies per day, should be enough to start again properly.

I count on you all, and I promise that I will try to do the same myself.

Envoyé de mon SM-T800 en utilisant Tapatalk

bacpacker
01-27-2017, 12:06 AM
RJ, Hope all is ok with you. Constant exhaustion is a rough way to live. Prayers out for you.

Sniper-T
01-27-2017, 01:11 AM
^
ditto... dude, seriously, take a deep breath and get your shit under control. we'll keep the homestead rolling...

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-29-2017, 04:57 PM
Yeah, what he said!

Willie51
01-31-2017, 02:15 AM
Hi all, it's hard to believe that it's been over 1 1/2 years since I've even logged on here. Work and life has the wife and I more busy and exhausted than ever. 2 new grand babies and another on the way (due in about 6 weeks) has had us happily busy. :) We've moved my mother here to small town America to take care of her and the wife's mom in Wisconsin is not doing well either these days, so we may be moving her here to Florida as well. Anyway, we still prep as we are very happy with the election results, but the world is still as dangerous as ever and feel some things in America are still very fragile. I also started another new business about 3 years ago which controlled my life (publishing a magazine) but just sold it to have some quality of life. While spending so much time with a publication and computer work, the last thing I wanted to do was be on a computer. Anyway, missed you all and will try to contribute more in 2017.

RedJohn
03-02-2017, 09:14 AM
OK, I give a nice speech about only 1 post a day and 3 new conversations a week, and then I just disappear ... again. Do what I say but not what I do. :p

Time to go to work. I am going to start a new sub-forum. It is probably going to be under Bushcraft (https://www.shtfready.com/forums/37-Bushcraft). Because some information may be sensitive, I will secure this sub-forum to members ONLY. This sub-forum will be maxed at about 100 threads. I will be the only one creating threads in it to avoid confusion, but every member will be able to discuss the drawings that will constitute the first message.

I wont start today because I want you to drool a little but I hope that you will like it.

Sniper-T
03-02-2017, 11:02 AM
You tease!

http://rs1175.pbsrc.com/albums/r633/madness59/drooling_homer.gif~c200

bacpacker
03-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Lookin forward to it.

RedJohn
03-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Actually, I already posted the cover and the first page. One page per day for the next 100 days.