PDA

View Full Version : 026 - Steal a Plane

RedJohn
03-09-2017, 08:57 AM
https://www.shtfready.com/images/redjohn/bushcraft/100/026.jpg

helomech
03-10-2017, 03:43 AM
Just steal a helicopter, there is no key to start it.

RedJohn
03-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Just steal a helicopter, there is no key to start it.

My helicopter flying lessons are far away and I am not sure I would be able to perform a hover anymore. A plane would not be a problem for me up to airliners. For the big ones, just pray for no emergency.

Sniper-T
03-10-2017, 11:08 AM
^
Agreed.

I can muddle through most planes, but prob not an airliner, not without a manual or a lot of luck... or both. lol

Rotory wing... not so much, although I'm sure if someone showed me once and babysat for an hour I could muddle through that too. At least it would be fun to try!

RedJohn
03-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Without having to do it, I am sure that I could take a Boeing or an Airbus with no problems as long as there are no malfunctions. When you know how to fly a plane, you fly them all. I also have a definite understanding on how all the instrumentation works, including the FMC. I would have no problems using all the equipment.

Type rating, having done a few on smaller airplanes, is mostly crisis management. What should you do when you lose an engine, etc. As long as Murphy doesn't bring awful law around, everything should be fine.

I only have 50 hours in helicopters. If I take off fast and land with a little speed, it should work, but if I have to hover, we're probably toast.

RedJohn
03-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Hovering is a strange thing. I could not hold the helicopter straight the flight before and suddenly it worked. I stopped flying and resumed a year later, and it took me again a couple hours to get it again. It's been 30 years since my last helicopter flight, I am almost sure to crash if I do it alone.

realist
03-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Ok I can probably get it in the air. I guess the I just fly till it runs out of gas.....I guess that would be a landing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk