PDA

View Full Version : 044 - Pick a Lock

RedJohn
03-11-2017, 09:39 AM
https://www.shtfready.com/images/redjohn/bushcraft/100/044.jpg

Sniper-T
03-29-2017, 01:43 PM
I dated a girl when I was in University and her dad was a locksmith, I think I spent more time at their place working in the shop with him than I spent with her... which could be part of the reason that things didn't work out.

It is definitely something that takes practice, but once you develop the feel for it, it can be done pretty easily and quickly.

The Bluf isn't quite true though... the only lock that you have to pick closed is a full on deadbolt that requires a key from either side. if it has a thumb throw, then you can nudge the bolt out a smidgeon, close the door and then with the torsion bar, just swing the bolt out.

Any other locks (standard door locks/padlocks) no issues.

Caveman Survival
03-31-2017, 03:40 AM
I just got a lock pick set two days ago. It's been a blast practicing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedJohn
03-31-2017, 04:27 AM

Details, please.

Gunfixr
03-31-2017, 03:53 PM

Hopefully, you're practicing on your locks.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

Caveman Survival
03-31-2017, 05:28 PM
Picked up a training set on Amazon. Comes with a bunch of different picks etc as well as a clear tumbler lock. You get to see how each of the rakes works and interacts with the pins. I moved on from the see-thru training lock to my shed lock and found it noticeably more difficult. But after a good while I was able to get it.... not consistently however.

And it's all for informational and educational purposes. Nothing nefarious going on here I assure you all