PDA

View Full Version : We here might be next...

Kesephist
08-17-2017, 05:25 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-17/cloudflare-ceo-terminates-neo-nazi-site-after-waking-bad-mood

I don't like the neonazis... and I like even less a web provider acting like one.

This is the camel getting his nose in the tent, people. This is what every little whiner, without the balls to do themselves, is now drooling over. By the CEO's own admission, this was done from caprice, and could just as easily be done here.

Hope you folks kept your old 56k modems, 'cause before this is all done, we'll be back to dialup BBSs for saying stuff not p/c. I'll be looking for an adapter that will allow my cellphone to do the job.

Windows Qmodem, anyone?

K

Stg1swret
08-17-2017, 10:53 PM
Back to the old MS_Dos days of CLI usage and connecting via IP address. Snail mail may make a come back if this continues. Practice your writing skills.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-18-2017, 08:50 PM
Ma Bell, long distance is the next best thing. There's always radio as well. Internet will eventually be "completely" taken over or destroyed one of the two. It's on it's way as I see it.

Vodin
08-18-2017, 11:06 PM
BBS's coming round the ring you might say :)

RedJohn
09-07-2017, 09:19 AM
We're not using Cloudflare, so fuck them. Also, we're a bunch of resourceful people. We'll always find a way to talk together. We can always take into the Darknet if needed, but I am not too worry because our subject matter is not to topple any government or incite to civil war. This is just in the event that we're preparing for.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-08-2017, 01:22 AM
Roger, out!

Vodin
09-08-2017, 11:33 PM
Hmmm. disappeared...
What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.businessinsider.com/hurricane-irma-zello-walkie-talkie-app-how-to-2017-9

bacpacker
09-08-2017, 11:36 PM
I heard that this was being used in TX for rescue efforts. First detailed breakdown of it I've seen. Could prove very useful.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Well, If I had a fancy phone I guess, maybe, but I just can't break away from my communicator that I got from on the starship Enterprise. The old flip phone and I get along just fine for our purposes. Call, leave message, call back, use your voice, TALK TO PEOPLE, if you don't leave a message then I guess it wasn't that damn important now was it? We don't text, we don't need all the nu-necessary BS on our phones, KISS. Besides, it's too entertaining watching people screw up their lives with their faces glued to the screen running into things................until they kill someone with a 4300lb vehicle.

When someone calls me when and I'm driving I reach in my pocket and hand it to the wife. If she's not with me...... I might pull it out and look at it to see who it is. If it's important, I'll either pull over or make it real fast and say "I'll call ya back" But I talk, I don't text! I'm about ready for a "Jitterbug"............

Vodin
09-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Just a different mode of communication really... I think. Just trying to have multiple methods to communicate. Voice is one method and data/text could be another. Always understood to text if in a SHTF situation it has a better chance of getting through the mess...

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Yeah, that's what it heard and it worked great. I'm not being negative to the idea. I'm just set in my ways. I learned in my Navy days that electronics didn't always save your life, it usually broke. We found the your head was the best tool.......and I ain't talking the bathroom either.

I do like my radios, I have a few of those and they seem to work purdy damn good. If any of you have HF now would be a good time to monitor the bands, who knows you might end up helping someone from hundreds of miles away.

bacpacker
09-10-2017, 12:31 AM
Just a different mode of communication really... I think. Just trying to have multiple methods to communicate. Voice is one method and data/text could be another. Always understood to text if in a SHTF situation it has a better chance of getting through the mess...

In a disaster Texting will stand a much higher chance of getting thru than voice comms will over telephones. I helped in a tornado and a train derailment. Both times phones were useless, but texts made it for the most part, not entirely however. 9/11 same thing happened in both NYC and DC. But end of the day the ONLY reliable coms were ham radio in both locations.

Domeguy
09-14-2017, 04:58 AM
I've got a nice, fairly new smart phone my son insisted on me having. It will text, do gps, internet, it even allows me to speak into it and hear someone on the other end...what a miracle of modern technology. But it's useless, as I usually forget to take it with me and it just sits on the dresser in the bedroom.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
09-15-2017, 02:29 AM
But it's useless, as I usually forget to take it with me and it just sits on the dresser in the bedroom.

Yup, that's what "she" said...............the future Mrs. DG.:rolleyes: