PDA

View Full Version : Cool gadget

Katrina
04-24-2018, 03:22 AM
Don't know if anyone has seen this but my DIL1 saw a hand crank phone charger on line one day and thought of me. She got it for me it, fits in the palm of your hand and it cranks really good. It took a bit of cranking but I did manage to charge my phone. I'm going to keep it in my GHB and see if she can order me a couple more. I thought it was cool gear. At least she thought of her crazy MIL and her penchant for prep stuff.

Gunfixr
04-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Haven't seen those, but my wife and I each have a small solar charger that does phones, tablets, etc. A a spare power cell.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

Socalman
05-08-2018, 04:59 AM
I picked up a solar power unit. It is about 3 & 5 inches and perhaps 1/2 thick. I can charge it up from another source via USB or by the built in solar panels. It has 3 USB outputs for charging phones or tablets, etc.

Kesephist
06-16-2018, 05:16 AM
Brand names and specifications for these items?

K-Tor makes two Pocket Sockets... one is a standard wall socket, the other is a 1 amp USB.

https://www.k-tor.com

Supposedly K-tor is making a Series 50 that will directly charge 12V batteries without an intermediate tricklecharger/maintainer circuit. As happy as I am with the PowerBox I have, I would not mind having a Series 50 as well.

Kesephist

Kesephist
10-21-2018, 01:21 PM
And now they are making the -50.

https://www.k-tor.com/shop/generators/power-box-50/

Cigarette lighter port, male plug in with alligator clamps, and a sturdier build. Specifically designed for 12 v charging without an intermediate. I could wish for a momentary test meter across the clamps, to where one could pause pedalling, press a button and see what the battery's charge is up to.. maybe as a aftermarket mod.

Yes, $375.

Socalman
10-26-2018, 02:22 PM
Brand names and specifications for these items?

K-Tor makes two Pocket Sockets... one is a standard wall socket, the other is a 1 amp USB.

Kesephist

Th.e unit I mentioned in my post is by Bernet. The model is Solar B1. Capacity is 2400mAh/88.8Wh. Output is 5V/2.4A Max

Ordered through Amazon