PDA

View Full Version : I dropped the ball last night...

TEOTWAWKI13
09-21-2011, 10:03 PM
'Bout 9pm, dark outside, I'd been home about an hour. Dogs go nuts like someone's outside. Wife was near the door before I could say anything so I said "lock the door". I went toward the bedroom to grab my Glock, no one told me they were coming by, so who are these people? Then it hits me, my Glock was still in my GHB in my truck. My kids are with me all week this week for fall break, so I didn't get it out when I got home, 'cause I didn't want them to see it and say something to their psycho mom when they got back home.

I've caught a little grief from my wife today about not "being man of the house". And being transparent, she's partly right. I dropped the ball on that one last night, and luckily it was just the local scrap metal guy looking to score a stainless steel grill lid, but what if it was something more than that. We don't live on the best of streets in our little town.

I usually handle situations a little better than that, but last night I was unprepared. I had knives or baseball bats for defense, but what good would that do if something sinister had occured...

Be prepared at all times is all I can say. Never take anything at face value or assume anything. :eek:

izzyscout21
09-21-2011, 10:11 PM
It happens to the best of us. I too have done the exact same thing. Learn from it and try to remember where the gun is. Mine was in the washing machine......

realist
09-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Consider it a reality check. I bet it does not happen again. I can think of a number of times that it was a slap your forehead moment for me. Not one that we like to go through but we did get through it. Just don't do it again. But then if you were me then it probably would...........

piranha2
09-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Sometimes a little wake up call is good for us. Makes us think about all of our preparedness and awareness.

bacpacker
09-22-2011, 06:55 PM
We had a kid knock on our door the other day ( its rare for someonje to knock if we don't know their coming). I had left my glock upstairs in the bedroom. So here I go jumpin 3 steps at a time to get up to it. Turns out just a kid sellin something. Got the heart rate up that's for sure. The mil couldn't figure out what happened.
It happens!

izzyscout21
09-23-2011, 12:17 AM
We had a kid knock on our door the other day ( its rare for someonje to knock if we don't know their coming). I had left my glock upstairs in the bedroom. So here I go jumpin 3 steps at a time to get up to it. Turns out just a kid sellin something. Got the heart rate up that's for sure. The mil couldn't figure out what happened.
It happens!

nice bro! Reminds me of the time I drew down on the pizza delivery guy.