PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a tourniquet today

helomech
02-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Academy has lots of clearance items right now. Picked up a bunch of stuff today. But one item I had been looking for since my neighbor got hurt are some tourniquets. Picked 2 of these up today for 7.50 each. Would have bought more, but this was all they had. Had plastic bins full of stuff. Everything with a green dot was 50% off listed price. Which was already marked down.

https://www.tmsoutdoors.com/product/hunter-trauma-kit-tourniquet/

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Cool, very similar to the design they are supplying the military. Great score.

realist
02-13-2019, 04:24 AM
Well the price was right, at 50% the price can't be beat. CAT tourniquets are running about $30. The SWAT tourniquets are about the same price but not as good. You can never have too many. Remember do not use them for practice, get something else. The reason is that some tourniquets will be weakened by practicing with them. The one you have looks like it has an aluminum windlass which makes it better than the plastic ones.

bacpacker
02-14-2019, 12:49 AM
Thats a good lookin TQ. I have several, but want a few more for various bags.

helomech
02-14-2019, 01:12 AM
Well the price was right, at 50% the price can't be beat. CAT tourniquets are running about $30. The SWAT tourniquets are about the same price but not as good. You can never have too many. Remember do not use them for practice, get something else. The reason is that some tourniquets will be weakened by practicing with them. The one you have looks like it has an aluminum windlass which makes it better than the plastic ones.

yes all aluminum parts. It snaps off so you don't have to unthread it to put it around someone. I showed it to the medics at work (all are combat medics) and they said it was a really good one.