PDA

View Full Version : Guyana South America

helomech
01-18-2020, 03:37 PM
Heading there Monday morning. Going to be working there 28 days and then home for 28 days for a while. Hope the Shit doesn't hit the fan while I am out of country.

bacpacker
01-18-2020, 06:19 PM
Keep your head on a swivel. Be praying for your safe return Helo.

eagle326
01-18-2020, 07:48 PM
Don't drink the kool aid. :rolleyes:

Domeguy
01-19-2020, 02:39 AM
BP say to keep your head on a swivel, but remember to keep your head down also. Come back home safe!

helomech
01-19-2020, 02:40 AM
Keep your head on a swivel. Be praying for your safe return Helo.

Thanks, it is pretty bad there. Lots of knife crime. So yes my head will be on a swivel.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't drink the kool aid. :rolleyes:

Damn that was the point.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
01-22-2020, 04:01 PM
Late to the party as usual. Don't know if you'll have comms on your travels but stay in touch, echo above! I'm sure the family is set, but if there is any cause.......say the word.

helomech
02-09-2020, 09:01 PM
So far so good down here. Head back home on the 19th for 25 days. The people are very friendly, but they all have a hustle. Roads suck, food is crazy expensive, but I am having more fun here than when I was working in Galliano, La.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-18-2020, 03:03 AM
Glad you're still alive and checked in with us. Happy to hear you're headed back for some family time. Hope all is well with the clan! And YES, they ALL have a hustle in every damn country I've ever visited.

helomech
05-30-2020, 11:00 AM
Well if nothing changes I get on a jet tomorrow at 5 pm and fly home. Tomorrow will be day 77.

bacpacker
05-31-2020, 12:55 AM
Safe Flight Helo. I know you'll be glad to get home.

Katrina
05-31-2020, 05:35 AM
Safe uneventful flight. Glad you're on the way home.

helomech
06-02-2020, 01:48 AM
Made it home, already got most of the grass cut. Fixed some issues with my aquaponics and turning my future greenhouse into a 30X100 fish tank. Going to put catfish in it, till I can afford the green house. My back is freaking sore. Even got to shoot my new CP-33 pistol. Only shot one mag so far, but will shot more tomorrow. Seems very accurate, and does have a great trigger.

Domeguy
06-02-2020, 02:19 AM
Glad to know you are home, safe and sound. I’m guessing Snipper-T talked you into the catfish. Could have gone with tilapia, crappie, shark...but no...just had to eat some CATfish.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
06-02-2020, 03:39 PM
Welcome back brother! Sorry we left the place such a mess. Damn people keep messin up the place.
Seriously glad you're home safe.

bacpacker
06-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Glad your home Helo.
Which came first, mowing or shooting the new pistol?

helomech
06-03-2020, 02:25 PM
Glad your home Helo.
Which came first, mowing or shooting the new pistol?

shooting the pistol, but only shot one mag.

helomech
06-03-2020, 02:52 PM
Welcome back brother! Sorry we left the place such a mess. Damn people keep messin up the place.
Seriously glad you're home safe.

Glad I am home during this crap, can protect the homestead now.

helomech
07-18-2020, 06:55 PM
Heading to a hotel in Houston for quarantine for 2 weeks. Then head to Guyana for a month after that.

bacpacker
07-18-2020, 08:50 PM
Your are a glutton for punishment.

Stay Safe

Katrina
07-20-2020, 05:17 PM
Stay safe and I pray that you won't get stuck there again.

helomech
07-20-2020, 06:19 PM
We have scheduled flight set up every week. So should not get stuck again.
The money is nice though.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-30-2020, 03:14 PM
WTF bra? Like the clan said, must be good money. You know what you're doin. The offer is always there in case you need it.

helomech
08-02-2020, 11:39 PM
WTF bra? Like the clan said, must be good money. You know what you're doin. The offer is always there in case you need it.

Yeah, the money is pretty good. Got 2 days left of quarantine, easiest (yet most boring) money I ever made. Thanks brother.

Metrocruiser
08-07-2020, 09:40 PM
Hey helo, I was thinking about you and logged in. I am happy to hear you made it back and everything is good at the homefront. Making money in these times is like making triple dollars.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Well, me an the Lady are bout finished the "Cock-a-doodle Complex". Two buildings this time. I have too many projects going at the same time here. I do believe the site is going dead................

bacpacker
08-12-2020, 12:34 AM
Too many projects take a lot of time. Many of us are in that boat.
We do need to get it going again

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-14-2020, 05:41 PM
Rgr, need a new thread called "Life outside the Dome"......for us country folks ya know.

ak474u
08-15-2020, 02:43 AM
I'm still here, been crazy busy. Catching up from doing nothing during the lockdown but still having to go to work. Work piled up for 2 months and I'm still returning calls.

bacpacker
08-16-2020, 06:41 PM
Pretty much same here. Been working from home some, at work some. Currently in the middle of being quarantined from work due to the wife visiting her sister, so working from home again. Have several big projects at work and the CV shit has me jumpin thru hoops trying to get them finished by the end on next month as scheduled.
At home, been wearing the garden out and preserving all we can. Not much time left over after all that. I'm betting many others are in the same boat.

Katrina
08-21-2020, 05:27 PM
Glad to hear garden is going good. Ours FAIL!! Got one little tomato off the smaller plants but there are a dozen or so green one starting to ripen , dratted doe got both the big tomato plants, now she's nibbling the green carrot tops. Got some orphan corn growing(from the bird feeder) Acorn squash only three viable ones, cantaloupe, lots of flowers but no melons.Onions are pearls so we have a bunch of them almost ready to pull.DH re planted the peas as we only got 4 pods(12 peas in total) and put the box on the deck, packet said we could replant in AUG. so we did. Only planted 2 pepper plants but they have produced !!! Getting dehydrator out , freezer ones from last year , turned in the freezer, yucky smelly, mushy so dehydrating as we did before. Need some prayers , Grandson 2 is still with the psycho and no masks, no distancing and now he's sick. Pray it's not Covid, he's high risk. will have to call Son1 to see if he actually came this week end.Granddaughter 1 is now with her dad and is doing so good, she made the JV Volleyball team(out of about 60 girls), schools taking very good precautions, on line learning, practices out side, no parents in the bleachers, etc. she's made some friends (psycho told her she wouldn't and would fail)Son1 hasn't gotten work yet as they are STILL trying to figure out the logistics. Worried they will be losing their home, he did say it looks like next month before things get up to speed. Praying real hard he goes back SOON. DIL1 and GRD3 were up here for about two weeks, visiting her family, haven't seen her mom and dad since last year. Her folks and brothers are okay.GRD3 is ecstatic, Sissy is there ALL the time, now we just have to get Brother there ALL the time. She wears her mask and yells at people that don't to GET AWAY FROM ME to the chagrin of the parents.This is REAL folks , I just lost a dear friend NO underlying conditions, peak health to this virus. Now we are worried we will lose our grandson.

bacpacker
08-22-2020, 12:21 AM
Prayers goin up Kat that all works out.

Katrina
08-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Thanks bp. Hope you are keeping safe

bacpacker
08-22-2020, 10:39 PM
We're doing good. Wife had to take a trip to her sisters, that caused me to get quaratined the last two weeks, go back Monday. But I am able to work from home.
My mom has been having some health problems. Vertigo acting something that hasn't been diagnosed yet. Plus we assume is asthma, but she has recently had a CT scan on her heart and a pulmanary test. Currently she is wearing heart monitor for 30 days. Sees a new Dr early Sept. We are hoping he can provide some answers. So far no one has came up with any answers. Shes done 2 rounds of PT for the vertigo, but not much results from them. Just praying they can find an answer and treatment routine to help get her straightened out. Step dad also had to have a CT scan on his kidneys, but those results were good.
Seems like hard times for everyone right now. Then throw the forced Covid crap in on top of everything else.

helomech
08-24-2020, 01:42 AM
2 more weeks till I go home, good thing is the next 14 days are overtime.

Katrina
08-24-2020, 06:00 AM
Glad to hear You'll be home soon helo.

ak474u
08-27-2020, 02:03 AM
2 more weeks till I go home, good thing is the next 14 days are overtime.

Hope your people are out of the path of the storm.

helomech
08-27-2020, 11:32 AM
Hope your people are out of the path of the storm.

They should be okay. We are about a hour west of Lufkin, so about 1.5 hours form the Louisiana border. Thanks

bacpacker
08-28-2020, 08:40 PM
Stay safe Helo