PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my truck back on the road.

orangetom1999
01-25-2023, 05:08 PM
I have been devoutly procrastinating for a couple of years now in getting my truck back on the road...repaired and then inspected.

I finally got around to it and replaced the power steering pump and got her insptected and on the road.

I had forgotten how much I miss driving that olde 5 speed transmission.

I particulary wanted this truck back on the road as it has HF long range radio and various antennas to suit on it...for this purpose. The rig is a Yaesu FT 100 d...and has in it not only HF radio.including CB frequencies but also VHF/UHF frequencies as well. My car only has in it VHF/UHF radio.

If it comes to bugging out...this will be my primary bug out vehicle. I do not like any of my vehicles to get below half empty in the gas tanks before I fill them up. It is my way.

Hence I finally got off my Donkey and got her done.

Glad to be back Q5 on my olde truck

A very 73 to the members.

Orangetom
Not an Ishmaelite.

Sniper-T
01-29-2023, 01:04 AM
so what limd/year is it?

I just updated my truck to a 2005 Tacoma, from my 1998, with 600+K on it.

This one too, is a manual, but now a six speed...

love it!

orangetom1999
02-01-2023, 11:09 PM
One of the best things about these two vehicles ..is that I do not owe any payments on them.

Oh...and this truck is a 1986 Ford Ranger with a 5 speed transmission and a 2.3 Liter 4 cylinder which I rebuilt some years back. The engine has less than 10 K on it since the rebuild.
Around here locally ..I often ride my Honda Ruckus scooter if not carrying a lot of cargo and often to and fro work...

Hence also I try to keep them going and ready ..on line so to speak. And as I said...my car only has short range VHF/UHF radio in it.

You members decide for yourselves...but in Certain degrees of SHTF and or TEOTWAWKI... ...I would be dubious about using cell phones...but that is just me.

I need also to get off my Donkey and put that other cased combination gun in this truck. I will keep the current rifle in this truck ..,.a SKS rifle. But also want to add a Stevens combination gun with .357 Magnum over the top of a 20 gauge shotgun. I think that would be a good/simple combination....with Ammo.

In my car I have another Stevens combination gun in .22 LR over the top of a 20 gauge shotgun...what I think is another simple tool...of if you prefer..the KISS principle....Keep It Simple Stupid.

Orangetom
Not an Ishmaelite.